Woburn Turkeys

Were they ON NBC???? I always wondered that. Not enough to check, but wondered.

Damn Susan Dey was young during that show. B/c she was on LA Law or something and didn't seem THAT old in that one.

What was that movie with Albert Finney????

LOOKER!!!!! Hard to see, but she is sans-clothing in that flick. Gosh she was cute. I think that whole mouth thing is why the annoying B-word that was the star of Grey's Anatomy was attractive. Something about that over-sized upper lip area. Not the lip itself. Just above it. Too big.

I was a gradeschooler and had the hots for her back in the day.

18 - 22 I believe...

It was later than I thought as well. I figured it was late 60's. It was 70-74. On ABC. . . . . with it looking like the NBC pee-cock. ????

Looker, she was 29. LA Lawr she was 34. She just seemed to not age. I guess I was born at the right time. I never recall seeing a "live" Patridge Fam episode. It was always in reruns. In the afternoon. While it was raining. At my cousins' house. Mid-summer. I can't recall voluntarily ever watching the show. ROFL!!!

Yeah. I posted the "Partridge" logo because it looked like it was designed by the same guy as the Peacock... not because it was run on that channel.
Watched many of them before reruns... back when Television was King...

Oh I get it. But it's odd because it DOES look like the same logo. I would get confused as a kid. "Oh crap, is the Partridge Family on again??? Can't Mr. Kincaide just kill them all and bury their bodies in the van somewhere and we can all move on?"

I remember a few years ago Ma. prosecuted a guy who was walking across grassy lot/park and slipped and fell on goose shit and kicked the shit out of a Canadian goose. He was prosecuted for animal cruelty.

Many years ago when I was in Bravo Co, 104th in Greenfield, a couple of my guys showed up Sunday morning looking like shit and obviously seriously hungover. I had read them the riot act about showing up trashed so after morning formation I called them over and asked WTF? 3 of the 4 were just looking down at the Drill shed floor and laughing. Finally I said, "WTF happened". One of them lived in a small house on an Ostrich farm in a nearby town so they all went over to his place and got shitfaced. As they got drunker they started telling the Joe who looked like he got in a bar fight that this one Ostrich was mocking him. As the night went on and they got drunker they kept egging him on so about 1am he took the bait. He climbed under the fence, walked up to this sleeping Ostrich and wound up and punched it right in the chest. Ostrich's sleep standing up and they tuck their heads under their wing, a second later they hear a God awful screech and the Ostrich reared up, extended it's wings and proceeded to kick the shit out of my guy. It beat him to the ground with it's wings and then as he was trying to crawl away it was ripping him up with it's claws. By the time he reached the fence and escaped the other 3 were laughing so hard they couldn't help him. They staggered back to the house and passed out and woke up early Sunday morning for drill, cleaned him up and drove to Drill. I had never heard of such a thing so I made them take me back to the farm and I met the accused. This was around 1997/98, this Spec4 became a legend. I believe it was in Sunderland,Ma. [rofl]Moral of the Story is don't f*** with those Birds!

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago Ma. prosecuted a guy who was walking across grassy lot/park and slipped and fell on goose shit and kicked the shit out of a Canadian goose. He was prosecuted for animal cruelty.

Many years ago when I was in Bravo Co, 104th in Greenfield, a couple of my guys showed up Sunday morning looking like shit and obviously seriously hungover. I had read them the riot act about showing up trashed so after morning formation I called them over and asked WTF? 3 of the 4 were just looking down at the Drill shed floor and laughing. Finally I said, "WTF happened". One of them lived in a small house on an Ostrich farm in a nearby town so they all went over to his place and got shitfaced. As they got drunker they started telling the Joe who looked like he got in a bar fight that this one Ostrich was mocking him. As the night went on and they got drunker they kept egging him on so about 1am he took the bait. He climbed under the fence, walked up to this sleeping Ostrich and wound up and punched it right in the chest. Ostrich's sleep standing up and they tuck their heads under their wing, a second later they hear a God awful screech and the Ostrich reared up, extended it's wings and proceeded to kick the shit out of my guy. It beat him to the ground with it's wings and then as he was trying to crawl away it was ripping him up with it's claws. By the time he reached the fence and escaped the other 3 were laughing so hard they couldn't help him. They staggered back to the house and passed out and woke up early Sunday morning for drill, cleaned him up and drove to Drill. I had never heard of such a thing so I made them take me back to the farm and I met the accused. This was around 1997/98, this Spec4 became a legend. I believe it was in Sunderland,Ma. [rofl]Moral of the Story is don't f*** with those Birds!
Bad attitude birds that taste wonderful!!

My mother was crafty, I didn't believe in no stinking Santa Clause too big, as she snapped this pic she had put a piece of paper against Jordan's Santa's outside window, reading 'Dinosaurs' in red lipstick...Santa said, I bet you like Dinosaurs?...from an agnostic to a believer in a millisecond

Back
Top Bottom