Woburn Turkeys

No one living on the block knows where they came from or why the turkeys are being aggressive, but 8-year-old Leo Tangu proposed a solution.

"Kill them and eat them," he suggested.
Future NES member?

I have the same group of 5 big old toms in my yard (west side of Woburn) almost every day. They do peck at the neighbors car, mostly in the spring during mating season, they see their shadow and think it's another turnkey. The ones around me are not aggressive, good thing for them as I have no issues with a turkey on the smoker!

Why are people afraid to grab them by the neck and toss them to the side? They're not rabid coyotes. They're fat birds.

I certainly won't try that, especially with the toms. They will kick the crap out of you with those spurs and possibly cut you up. I think they are a little tougher than you might think if it came to hand to neck combat.

Future NES member?
call a Mom!

I blow through Boston geese in crosswalks,... Haven't hit one yet,.. they get out of the way fast when they know the devil is in your eye,...

I am shocked this is an issue. The Freaking DNR allows FIFTEEN A DAY in the September hunting season. We've got so many excess "Tauntonian Geese" that we need to shoot 15 per day! "Oh the poor geese." PLEASE!

Next we will be looking for the drivers that hit racoons and squirrels,.. I did teach my 16 year old that you don't swerve off the road and wreck your car for a small animal.

When my wife lived in Woburn, they had 20+ turkeys in the yard every day. One used to go on the street and attack cars. If the car slowed or stopped it would run around it circling like a shark. Pretty funny to watch, so many people just saying to drive and it will stop lol.

Why are people afraid to grab them by the neck and toss them to the side? They're not rabid coyotes. They're fat birds.
Spurs.

Why people just don't golf club them with a 9 iron or hit them with baseball bat. Ill never know..

I'll guess in this state, it probably has something to do with Karen calling the animal rights group and putting you in jail for it.

Idiots.

The name of the game with dealing with Turkeys is to not show fear and to be aggressive towards whatever retarded Turkey thinks it's in charge. When you do that they go away. When you don't, they dick around a lot. [rofl]
Or circle them while running on all fours...

When my wife lived in Woburn, they had 20+ turkeys in the yard every day. One used to go on the street and attack cars. If the car slowed or stopped it would run around it circling like a shark. Pretty funny to watch, so many people just saying to drive and it will stop lol.
Ever see what they do to a nice, shiny, reflective vehicle...? [rofl]
Black paint is the worst...
1663691137699.png

1663693868662.png

Why did Benjamin Franklin Love turkeys?

Here's the deal. Franklin praised the turkey as “a bird of courage” and a “true original native of America.” He also said it was a better representative of the new country than the bald eagle, which he called “a bird of bad moral character” that steals fish from hawks and “a rank coward” easily cowed by sparrows.

That space is dependent on a projectile-firing device. No shooting within X of a residence and Y of a roadway. Grab em by the neck and whipsaw them. You didn't shoot them.

Although I'm sure in mASS there would be some sort of problem. "That turkey was coming right for me." "Son, in this state, that turkey has more rights than you." LOL

IF you see a turkey in the woods they take off or hide before you can even see them
If you see it on the road it tries to fight you
It is like they know the hunting laws and see the space surrounding the roads as a safe zone
I think they sharpen their spurs on the hot top... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom