Woburn Sportsmen's Association

Just noticed this thread and saw that nobody replied to your questions..... On the indoor pistol range (25/50 feet) no magnum loads, but .22 rifle also OK. On the outdoor pistol range (30 ft 25/50 yds) .22 rifle also OK. On the trap fields, target loads only, on the black powder range, black powder only, and on the high power range (50/100/200 yds) there are restrictions on what types of pistols can be shot, but other than that.. none that I can recall.

He cross posted in another WSA thread and I got him there, but reps to you for doing it as well!

I will be there Sunday morning running our USAS Air Pistol matches, stop by and I can show you around some of it. Wally our membership guy is there from 10 to 2 and can help you out.

Bob Simard Jr.
Chelmsford, MA

I'll be there Wed from 6-620ish before a meeting if you're in the area or like Bob said, any Sunday from 10-2.

does WSA require a sponsor? was looking at tewksbury rod and gun club because they dont require a sponsor. After reading the rule about the RO, I may pass.

does WSA require a sponsor? was looking at tewksbury rod and gun club because they dont require a sponsor. After reading the rule about the RO, I may pass.

No just go down and meet with Wally. My cousin sponsored me but there were a bunch in my group that did not have sponsors.

If you were thinking about Tewksbury Rod & Gun, have you considered Andover Sportsmen's Club? No sponsor required and it is a nice club.

Looked at it online. 200 initiation fee though vs 100. It's only 100 diff for a one time fee but still 100.

WSA is having an Open House on August 16th! Come check out the club and try out an activity you might have been wanting go at. Archery, Trap, Blackpowder, air pistol, pistol, rifle! Should be a lot of fun! More details on the website! woburnsportsmen.com

I work right next to this place, can hear the gunshots from the company parking lot. :)

Thought about trying to join but not sure how long I'll be working in Billerica.

I work right next to this place, can hear the gunshots from the company parking lot. :)

Thought about trying to join but not sure how long I'll be working in Billerica.

I work down the road. $240 for the first year includes the initiation fee then after that its $140 or $70 with some work hours. $70 a year is a bargain for everything the club offers. Plus, having a bad day...? Hit up the range for 50 rounds on your lunch break! How can you say no to that?

I work down the road. $240 for the first year includes the initiation fee then after that its $140 or $70 with some work hours. $70 a year is a bargain for everything the club offers. Plus, having a bad day...? Hit up the range for 50 rounds on your lunch break! How can you say no to that?

That does sound really appealing yes! I should find out soon if our office is moving up north or staying, if we're staying I might try to go join.

WSA is having an Open House on August 16th! Come check out the club and try out an activity you might have been wanting go at. Archery, Trap, Blackpowder, air pistol, pistol, rifle! Should be a lot of fun! More details on the website! woburnsportsmen.com

I couldn't make the open house because my wife was taking her Basic Safety class that day (meaning I had to watch the kids). I will just stop by the office to get an application, I think it needs to be dropped off on a Sunday morning.

Who here is on the board? I forget.. I'd love to get a tour. My boss and I are interested in joining, since we work no more than a 1/4 mile up the road

Also what kind of volunteering is necessary? Could just stop by after work..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Woburn ever open to the public? I know some clubs open up for shotgun sports, for example.

Is Woburn ever open to the public? I know some clubs open up for shotgun sports, for example.

Some activities are open to the public. I know for a fact that the IDPA and USPSA pistol matches and practices are open to the public. Trap, I believe, is also open to "guests" on Monday nights and Wednesday mornings, but not sure if that means you have to be with a member or not.

There are also events like open houses and ladies day where non-members are welcome to come in and try the clubs facilities.

Check the website for more info. http://www.woburnsportsmen.com

Last edited:
Some activities are open to the public. I know for a fact that the IDPA and USPSA pistol matches and practices are open to the public. Trap, I believe, is also open to "guests" on Monday nights and Wednesday mornings, but not sure if that means you have to be with a member or not.

There are also events like open houses and ladies day where non-members are welcome to come in and try the clubs facilities.

Check the website for more info. http://www.woburnsportsmen.com
I work in the area and just thinking it'd be nice to shoot some trap after work here and there. I'm really not up for paying to join a second club, unfortunately.

Last edited:

WSA does not offer public hours for trap. As vickers pointed out, there are events that nonmembers are welcome to attend, such as ATA Trap shoots, Greater Lowell Trap League, Greater Boston Pistol League, CMP Matches, IDPA, etc. Also WSA offers a Ladies' Day in June and an Open House in August. Another option is to find a friendly member and shoot as a guest.

I work in the area and just thinking it'd be nice to shoot some trap after work here and there. I'm really not up for paying to join a second club, unfortunately.

Where is your home club? Are they a member of the Greater Lowell Trap League? Also, after the first year's dues/initiation fee plus work hours it becomes quite affordable.

Where is your home club? Are they a member of the Greater Lowell Trap League? Also, after the first year's dues/initiation fee plus work hours it becomes quite affordable.
Harvard. On Sundays I drive down to Hopkinton for skeet.

Back
Top Bottom