• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woburn Sportsmen's Association IDPA Practice Sunday Night!

vickers

NES Member
IDPA Practice at Woburn Sportsmen's Association Sunday June 14th from 7-10pm on the indoor pistol range. All Are Welcome!

To participate you will need:

- centerfire pistol or revolver (9mm or 38 special minimum)
- a holster that covers the trigger guard. The holster may be inside or outside the waist band.
- three magazines or speed loaders
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- a concealment garment.
- eye and ear protection.
- a good attitude.

The cost will be $5 to participate. This event will reoccur on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month and is open to the public.

Woburn Sportsmen's Association
155 Middlesex Turnpike, Bedford, Mass

Last edited:
Great time attending my first practice last night! Everyone was very helpful and eager to give tips and advice. Well worth the $5 and 45 min drive!

Also I have to ask, who's the young girl that was shooting last night? I was blown away how well she grips the gun, shoots while moving, trigger control, unholstering/holstering etc. She can't be much older than 10-11 years old. Very impressive. I told her that I wish I was doing IDPA at her age [laugh]

Great time attending my first practice last night! Everyone was very helpful and eager to give tips and advice. Well worth the $5 and 45 min drive!

Also I have to ask, who's the young girl that was shooting last night? I was blown away how well she grips the gun, shoots while moving, trigger control, unholstering/holstering etc. She can't be much older than 10-11 years old. Very impressive. I told her that I wish I was doing IDPA at her age [laugh]

Thanks for coming Andrew! It was the first time I have run practice so I hope it was enjoyable. It's good to have new shooters showing up. We are trying to grow our program so I hope you keep coming!

Katie is John's daughter. He runs our IDPA program at WSA. She is a great kid and good shooter. She is being taught the right way.

Thanks for coming Andrew! It was the first time I have run practice so I hope it was enjoyable. It's good to have new shooters showing up. We are trying to grow our program so I hope you keep coming!

Katie is John's daughter. He runs our IDPA program at WSA. She is a great kid and good shooter. She is being taught the right way.

Ya it was definitely enjoyable. Keep learning new things which is great. One of my friends is interested in getting into IDPA at some point once he sets aside some cash for holsters/mag pouches/belts etc.

She definitely looks like a great kid and shooter. Good for her and John.

I thought it was 1st and 3rd Sunday each month and was planning to come this weekend. Bummer, I was home Sunday night with nothing to do! Hopefully I can make one soon.

I thought it was 1st and 3rd Sunday each month and was planning to come this weekend. Bummer, I was home Sunday night with nothing to do! Hopefully I can make one soon.

That stinks. Ya you should come out! I doubt I'll make the next practice as I got stuff planned that weekend. Also the next match on July 4th at Woburn might be tough too. The match at Harvard on 6/27 is my grandfather's 85th birthday so we're probably going to have a small party for him also. Damn, looks like I won't be shooting much IDPA until the end of July. Although maybe I could make the classifier on 6/28 at Woburn..

I had a good time Sunday night, thanks everyone!! I have been trying to find a copy of one of the targets we used for drills. It was the 1" circle, 2" square, 3" circle and 4" square target. If anyone has a link or can PM me with it I would appreciate it. I spent 20 mins Googling but never found that one target.

ETA, what was the distance? I just made my own that measures out right so I am OK for now but would like to find a copy of the target at some point.

Last edited:
I have been trying to find a copy of one of the targets we used for drills. It was the 1" circle, 2" square, 3" circle and 4" square target. If anyone has a link or can PM me with it I would appreciate it. ETA, what was the distance? I just made my own that measures out right so I am OK for now but would like to find a copy of the target at some point.

I couldn't make practice last Sunday, was too wiped out from the qualifier earlier in the day and had to drive my son somewhere. But I will ask Kirin about that target and get the information to you...

I had a good time Sunday night, thanks everyone!! I have been trying to find a copy of one of the targets we used for drills. It was the 1" circle, 2" square, 3" circle and 4" square target. If anyone has a link or can PM me with it I would appreciate it. I spent 20 mins Googling but never found that one target.

ETA, what was the distance? I just made my own that measures out right so I am OK for now but would like to find a copy of the target at some point.

These?

http://pistol-training.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dot-torture-target.pdf

Back
Top Bottom