• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woburn indoor range fire

About 20 years ago, I was with a friend shooting at the indoor range of a club in NH.
He stuck a Dapkus exploding target to a paper target and sent it down to the line.
When it was struck, it didn't explode as expected, but it lit the paper target on fire, and the bottom half fell into the sawdust backstop material.
We both ran down range and stomped out the fire before it spread too far.
Thankfully it was early morning and we were the only ones there at the time.
BTW, the ventilation system worked well and sucked the smoke out pretty quick.

[laugh]

I was there. Seems like the berm started to smolder ... burning rubber smells nasty! I saw a lot of smoke and no flames, but I was on my way out at that point anyway. Not one shooting lane was empty, and there were people waiting. But I didn't notice anybody using any "funny" ammo.

ETA: the fire was on the Loeb range.

Last edited:
ill be at MRA tomorrow (Sun) at 10 am to drop of my application. Anyone a member there that is willing to let me shoot a few toys? PM me. thanks!

I'll be there tomorrow in the AM. Probably around 9. I hope to have my sub-gun. BYOA (bring your own ammo) for that.
I may have my AR SBR with me or my SCAR 16.

And of course I'll have my S&W 547 Revolver. What a great shooting gun that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Out of the tracer rounds I shot I dont think You would see them at that short of distance. Then again I've only shot .50BMG tracers [laugh]

I agree. I bought some tracers a few years ago and you couldn't see them until probably 50 yards out.

I just got an email:

Loeb Range is CLOSED
until further notice.

Pope Range is OPEN as per Range Rules.
Please remember: No shotguns or shotgun ammunition, rifles limited to .22 LR
only.

Fazio Range is OPEN as per Range Rules.
Please remember: Air pistols, air rifles and pistols and rifles with .22 LR
standard velocity only.

According to two sources that I have, the cause of the fire was an idiot shooting incendiary rounds. HOLY CRAP! Can anyone else confirm this?

According to two sources that I have, the cause of the fire was an idiot shooting incendiary rounds. HOLY CRAP! Can anyone else confirm this?

I was told today at the work day, by a very reliable source it was "an idiot shooting incendiary rounds".
The found the person on the video and he paid a hefty fee $$$$$$$ and is expelled

I was told today at the work day, by a very reliable source it was "an idiot shooting incendiary rounds".
The found the person on the video and he paid a hefty fee $$$$$$$ and is expelled

Check these bad boys out. Armor-piercing incendiary rounds....damn.

Last edited by a moderator:

I heard the same thing and they had it scrolling on one of the TV monitors last month in the main lounge.

I re-read all my info on my membership and did not find anything about paying for damages, maybe in something I signed and didn't get a copy of.

I would have assumed they have insurance and would terminate membership, but curious if anyone else knows of anything that indicates fines or anything.

I heard like 12 grand was the fine!

I heard the same thing and they had it scrolling on one of the TV monitors last month in the main lounge.

I re-read all my info on my membership and did not find anything about paying for damages, maybe in something I signed and didn't get a copy of.

I would have assumed they have insurance and would terminate membership, but curious if anyone else knows of anything that indicates fines or anything.

Maybe pay, or court ?

wow I was about to say it happened again but luckily all the ranges are closed until Monday for maintenance it was very packed with members helping out

Yeah the thing with a 'fine' is who enforces it? Unless you signed some legally binding document, I would think this dude could just stiff them on the fine payment. Or, they could just sue him I suppose...

Back
Top Bottom