• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WMUR and NH-CD2 candidates on firearms

NHFC just did a follow up email about the candidates after the CD2 debate, it is worth reading.

Dear Second Amendment Supporter,

Remember the 1955 song by the Platters, “The Great Pretender”? It seems like many of the candidates running for Congress in District 2 are great pretenders when it comes to the Second Amendment. Especially F (RS) rated Steve Negron. When asked by debate moderator, Adam Sexton (at 33 minutes) what was his favorite kind of gun to shoot Steve Negron couldn’t even name one. He just said “anybody elses”; wow the great pretender might not even own a gun of his own! And one of the other pretenders, Stewart Levenson, (who promotes taxing guns) merely said his over and under Beretta with his dog Libby, (which comes as no surprise since he told at least on NHFC leader that he opposes certain guns and magazines), hence his grade of C. Even Lynne Blankenbecker, (who also favors taxing guns), was able to name a Beretta pistol.

I was pleased to hear A*S rated Bob Burns name an FN SCAR and a 1911 pistol. It looks to me like Bob Burns truly lives a Second Amendment lifestyle by owning and using guns that he was able to identify without hesitation.

Just remember, these candidates are applying for a job. The debates, the town halls, the campaigning at the dump are all ways that you,...
[more]

Since many people are using NRA grades, please remember the following:

Yep, a NRA "A" grade ALWAYS reflects that a candidate is a good candidate on the 2nd amendment.

How Vermont’s NRA A-rated governor was ‘shocked’ into backing new gun laws
or this one:
Florida Gov. Rick Scott breaks with NRA to sign new gun regulations
Maybe this one was better...
Sen. Cornyn, With NRA Blessing, Proposes Gun Background Checks
Let's not forget this one.
NRA-endorsed Gov. John Kasich now says it’s time for gun restrictions

I'm a member of NHFC, but they've been a little douchey about the ratings. Negron got a F because he didn't fill out their survey. As an NH state representative, Negron voted to remove the concealed carry license requirement. Seems like he'd be higher then an F from his actions and not filling out their survey. I watched the debate and didn't think twice about his "anybody else's answer". It wasn't like he was sitting there for any amount of time and couldn't think of a type of gun. It was just a short glib answer.

I'm a member of NHFC, but they've been a little douchey about the ratings. Negron got a F because he didn't fill out their survey. As an NH state representative, Negron voted to remove the concealed carry license requirement. Seems like he'd be higher then an F from his actions and not filling out their survey. I watched the debate and didn't think twice about his "anybody else's answer". It wasn't like he was sitting there for any amount of time and couldn't think of a type of gun. It was just a short glib answer.

I am a voter and I am not buying that answer...

I thought it was hilarious.

I love shooting anyone else's too. Then I don't have to clean it.

So he's a great pretender? His voting record speaks for itself JR.. .

Speaking of faking, can your candidate prove with her DD214 that she actually served outside "the wire" in actual combat missions? Because I'm pretty sure she can't. I respect her service, and there is no need to embellish.

Serving in a combat zone is one thing. Actually being in combat is another. I wonder how many combat vets in CD2 feel about that.....

My questions for candidates are as follows:
Will they support and SPONSOR a repeal of the 10+% Gun and Ammo excise tax?
Will they support and SPONSOR completely removing suppressors from the NFA and treating those accessories as firearm accessories and not like firearms (No 4473 to buy a suppressor and no form 4)?
Will they support and SPONSOR HR38 as introduced by Rep Hudson, National concealed carry. (AKA National reciprocity)
At a minimum, candidates need to get these three correct. There are other issues, but this is the baseline for even being considered to be on our side.

Has Negron publicly promised to do these things, is it on video? If so please send me a link

One other good question that I forgot about: Would they support and SPONSOR the repeal of the prohibition on pistols being purchased in other states.

Back
Top Bottom