1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reptile, Mar 14, 2019.

1. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Five surprising things I learned about psychopaths | Features | Critic Te Arohi
    Psychopaths make tough, utilitarian decisions faster and with less anxiety than regular people. They are also much happier to put themselves in danger or high-risk situations than ordinary people.

If a psychopath knew there was someone inside a burning building, their extraordinary presence of mind may cause them to go “why the f*** not?” and run inside to save them. They may genuinely want to save the person, or they may do it for kicks, or for the praise they will get. Who cares?

Some top SAS soldiers are psychopaths. So are some very good bomb deactivators. Kevin Dutton thinks that Neil Armstrong was perhaps one, judging by his incredible cool while landing on the moon with just a few seconds’ worth of fuel remaining. He says for a psychopath, heroic feats are not so much about keeping your head in the heat of the moment as not feeling the heat at all.

But, of course, the lack of anxiety when it comes to the preservation of human life also means psychopaths can make the most terrifying, cold-hearted killers. Psychopaths are simultaneously appealing and appalling. This is what makes them so fascinating. But be warned, because ...

Nick Fury likes this.

2. oppressed

oppressed NES Member

Notice the media focus on 8chan. The guy posted the guns he used on twitter 2 days prior and live streamed it on facegook, but watch the coverage. No call to deplatform those sites.

8chan is where people autistically dig and post about things people would like to leave hidden and unnoticed.

Look for the attack on free speech hosting platforms like gab. Pay attention and watch the narrative.

Strange this guy would choose to spend time surrounded by people he hated, if the tales of his travel are true.

Edit: You may as well dismiss any quotes lifted from 8ch. The whole idea is to remain anonymous. People shitpost with impunity, so know where the bias lies when reading articles describing or quoting it.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  3. Nick Fury

Nick Fury NES Member

I watched the video. I read the manifesto. Something that stuck out was his experience in France. Personally when I see things like the Copenhagen rape and spitting/attacking woman with children in subway videos I feel ill to my core. When I see videos of people of middle eastern decent treating non muslims with such disdain wondering if they could actually channel and focus such rage what would they be capable of? Maybe the Charlie Hebdo attack, the Manchester concert bombing, or holy hell how about this one?

View: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-34818994

So yeah this guy found his go time. Clearly many of us here need to reassess what that term really means. As 10thSFFD points out so eloquently this is not the place anyone wants to be...

4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

Massacre suspect Brenton Tarrant was gun club member, dedicated to fitness training
    The prime minister also confirmed the man arrested had a firearms licence that he obtained in November 2017. He began buying firearms the following month.

The gunman was found with five firearms, including two shotguns and two semi-automatic, military-style rifles.

"My advice currently is under that gun licence he was able to legally buy the guns that he held."

Tarrant is one of three people arrested in relation to the attacks.

Ardern said none of the group had criminal histories and were not on the radars of security intelligence.

Tarrant didn't hide his enthusiasm for guns and practised shooting at a South Otago rifle club, about 50km south of Dunedin.

A spokesman for the Bruce Rifle Club, near Milton, confirmed Tarrant was a club member.

5. djbradles

djbradles NES Member

Call him a lunatic, psychopath, or sociopath but he is possessed by an evil spirit.
    I wonder if they ever described those attackers in Nice as “Muslim extremists” or just “terrorists”. I think the latter and of course that attack is probably all but forgotten. Notice how the NZ story paints him as a “White supremecist” and not a “terrorist”.

Whutmeworry likes this.
  6. xtry51

xtry51 NES Member

If you read his manifesto he clearly explains that he traveled Europe and middle east extensively after making a lot of money on the digital currency boom.

mibro likes this.
  7. Waher

Waher NES Member

How does one visit Pakistan and North Korea while paying for it in BitCoin and not arouse the interest of security services? This monster happen to cross paths with the Mandalay Bay clown in his travels?

8. Squire

Squire NES Member

Ban Crypto, only criminals benefit....

9. oppressed

oppressed NES Member

I saw it posted somewhere about the drum mag in one of the pictures. It was claimed to be made in USA and under ITAR regulation, yet in NZ? Can anyone identify it and provide knowledge?

10. NickLeduc

NickLeduc NES Member

It should be mentioned that /r/watchpeopledie and /r/gore have been removed from reddit because of this. Some people say "good, no one should be able to see things like that". But it's another step towards liberal censorship.
    Those subs were know for ISIS killing videos (ISIS doing the killing) Never an issue when those were the content.

11. mibro

mibro NES Member

You're using a modern definition of sanity. Until, oh, maybe even as little as a hundred years ago the whole world thought like Brenton Tarrant.

Humanity seems to be at the beginning of some kind of transition from nation states to a planetary civilization. When I was a kid reading science fiction this seemed like a cool idea, now all I see is a loss of cultural identity for my descendants and submersion into a majority Islamic global gene pool.

It's very obvious to us that mass murder is not the answer to anything. However, Charles Martel and Jan III Sobieski, commemorated on Tarrant's drum magazine as "Vienna 1683," saw things differently.

Jason Flare and 10thSFFD like this.
  12. rcwhat

rcwhat

Looks like a magpul drum mag but don’t know the regulations

13. mibro

mibro NES Member

Any hypothetical armed conflict in New England would result in NESrs on opposite sides, shooting at each other. There would be no clear battle lines, it would be exactly like Yugoslavia. Also to your point, I would probably be on the opposite side to my moonbat wife. That would be completely horrific, which is the point you're making. I hope we can avoid it.

buckfarack and 10thSFFD like this.
  14. fivepak

fivepak

I just watched the whole video. Not much gore, but disturbing nonetheless. In the mosque near the end where the terrorist moved off to the right in the big room, it looked like a woman sitting on a bench holding a child about 8 years old. The woman on the street was the worse one. The final shot looked to send a small piece of head and hair flying.
    I can't believe how calm this murderer was.

NickLeduc likes this.
  15. BrianWilson

BrianWilson NES Member

All this cowardly lunatic achieved was to increase the political currency of those he considered the invaders, and cause of loss of freedom and ease of access to defensive tools for the rest of the world, including most likely you, and me. Not such an awesome use of his "Go Time". Sorry, ...nut job, and not a very smart one at that.

16. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Funny - just the other day the thought passed thru my head: " we haven't seen a mass shooting in a while - it would be very convenient for one to happen right about now , seeing as how all the lefties are yelling and screaming for more gun control".

Seems like they're throwing the whole white supremacy / white nationalism thing in there for good measure. The a-hole on ABC Evening News last night started beating that drum will the hyperbolic statements about "drastic increase in white nationalist hate crimes"

amm5061 likes this.
  17. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

All the media is saying that. ALL of them.

18. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The gun laws are one thing to fear , but if you remember your history - they put the 1st amendment FIRST for a reason. The 2nd was supposed to be there to defend liberty - which is defined by having the right to speak your mind - even if other people ESPECIALLY those in charge ........ don't like it.

What's doing on here - if you noticed: is that that yes - they're looking for an excuse to ban guns. But they've got a new angle to that effort - because they're trying to say guns are a component of "white supremacy" or some such thing. If you remember - Obama made his famous comments about "clinging to guns and Bibles". While he filled the country up with third worlders.

Go look at some of the statistics about the makeup of this country now - vs. 50 years ago.

It's exactly why there's more and more people using "white nationalist" or "white supremacist" talking points.

Gun control at stage of the game is just one facet of a larger issue.

19. Squire

Squire NES Member

Way more Christians are being murdered by Muslims world-wide than vice versa.

There was a link about something just last month in Africa?

20. jpk

jpk

Might save you some legal bills though.......just sayin'

/bad early am humor

Admin and mibro like this.
  21. Chevy 2 65

Chevy 2 65 NES Member

Yes, I know. Where was the muslim leaders when the peace boys killed 80+ in Nice, or in the UK not one word to condemn

22. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

The one thing that struck me watching the news last night was how much air time they were giving to all of the Christians and Jews falling all over themselves to find a Muslim to apologize to.

For the life of me I can't remember anything even close to that happening whenever there's some Muslim that runs a bunch of kids over with a truck or shoots up a disco.

The response is usually more like this:

Jason Flare likes this.
  23. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Seems like you don't understand what happens to people when you shoot them.

xtry51, Jason Flare and headednorth like this.
  24. Artifact

Artifact NES Member

Hmmmm, sounds familiar, Latina twitt from Congress???

Jason Flare and 10thSFFD like this.
  25. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

They can declare a national Rape Our Daughters day in remembrance.

I hear Birmingham England offers consulting services on how to properly celebrate.

mibro and Shire Guy like this.
  26. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

It starts with basic understanding.

And it's clear there's an awful lot of people still think we're living in 1950.

27. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

It makes perfect sense.

The US has massive cultural and political influence around the world.

If somebody can light off a race war in the US, then it's going to happen in a number of other places as well.

The other component of this is the fact that the US goes around the world FUNDING and "encouraging" if not downright forcing other countries to adhere to left wing policies on such things as immigration, "refugees", abortion, gay rights - etc.

If a civil war was to get lit off in the US and the lefties were all sent off to the camps - all of that shit would stop all around the world.

That's why you see people overseas coming HERE and screwing with our politics.

And that's why I oppose and have opposed for as long as I can remember - all the interventionism that the US govt. has practiced for so long.

Blowback is real.

Whutmeworry likes this.
  28. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

Seems like they're pulling down his manifesto as soon as it pops up - so I haven't found anyplace where I can read it.

If that quote is indicative of the rest of what he wrote - the guy doesn't sound like a lunatic to me. He sounds like John Brown.

John Brown touched off a freaking civil war - in case you didn't remember.

kevin9 likes this.
  29. jpk

jpk

The politicians want to blame everyone and everything else and institute yet another ineffective law to regulate/ban inanimate objects or put people and internet under additional scrutiny.....

Isnt it maybe long past time for politicians to look inwards at the conditions they've created and push people to do "Bad Things" because create more and more laws that tear at the fabric of stable societies?

Its almost as if we're living in some sort of distopian darwinian hell where we allow the citizens of a failed state.....people who have been indoctrinated into generation after generation of "Bad Ideas" to instead move to countries that have stable/civil societies and at same time put NO CONDITIONS on them to assimilate/learn and ADOPT the culture/conditions that make their host country successful.......

Instead we allow perpetuate the same failed "Bad Ideas"/beliefs and customs that landed them in a failed society/country in the first place.

I cannot help but be reminded of Sweden which has allowed a disproportionate number of somali's and others from similar failed distopian states to migrate to Sweden over the last 40 years

Sweden had a stable culture with almost zero crime.........they now regularly have grenade attacks in their urban areas, there are ~60 no go zones where these animals attack any emergency/police services that respond to issues and its been the rape capitol of western europe for the better part of a decade now.

Rinse and repeat across Europe in last couple years.....

Here in the US its sucking us dry, running up debt and causing each of us to be less able to save for our own future/retirement

Refugee costs: $8.8 billion, $80,000 per immigrant, free welfare, Medicaid

Extend the above to the illegal aliens streaming across the border and the scale of the problem is massive.

If immigration levels were modest it wouldnt be a problem......but its not........we take in LEGALLY 1.5 million people every year.......not including the illegals

These problems and ones like you saw in NZ were caused by politicians on both sides of the aisle and isnt it time we forced pols to address the actual issue they created instead of continueing to blame something other than their policies which are the root cause?

30. JJ4

JJ4 NES Member

I'm not so sure.

If a white nationalist trump supporter shoots a bunch of minorities because he's a white nationalist trump supporter, it's somehow different than if a flaming liberal masquerades as a white nationalist trump supporter and carries out the same act. When people go pull quotes from the nutjob's manifesto, it matters somewhat that the manifesto wasn't serious. I see people pulling quotes out of this thing. I see media headlines based on what the purported manifesto claims were motives. In reality, the whole point was to do something bad to drive a wedge in any crack he can find.

Cowgirlup, Jason Flare and buckfarack like this.