• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Witness describes chaotic scene as teen killed, 3 injured in DC shooting: 'He was screaming out for his mom'

Witness describes chaotic scene as teen killed, 3 injured in DC shooting: 'He was screaming out for his mom'​

"There are cops everywhere," Dyson said. "They were trying to keep everybody safe, trying to move everybody importantly."

Witness describes chaotic scene as teen killed, 3 injured in DC shooting: 'He was screaming out for his mom'​

"There are cops everywhere," Dyson said. "They were trying to keep everybody safe, trying to move everybody importantly."

I had to Google:

The concert was advertised under the name Moechella, a name given to concerts held a few years ago to protest the perceived suppression of go-go music in particular and Black culture in general.

When I saw that word, at first I thought it had something to do with:

06elections-briefing-obama-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Later in the evening, Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert J. Contee III said over 100 officers were present at the Moechella festival.”

So much for police deterrence… Feral street animals cannot be tamed and can only be put down.

A 15 year old boy is killed, and you want to make fun of their vocabulary. Nice.

“Local officials have acknowledged the increase in juvenile shootings as a serious problem, but disagree on how to address it. Contee said in an interview that his officers are doing their part and pointed to the courts for being too soft on offenders. The District’s top juvenile prosecutor defended his role in the system, saying the problem is not accountability, but inadequate investment in social services.

“It is important for people to know that accountability does not necessarily have to mean punitive punishment,” said D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine. “There are other, evidence-based ways of providing accountability and putting young people on a path toward success.”
He stressed that violence among youth stems from a “confluence of issues” including the effects of the pandemic, the growing number of firearms and “a great deal of poverty and hopelessness.”

OK - jailing criminal juveniles will be a symbolic gesture recognizing social justice inequities rather than holding them personally accountable. Better?

When they reach 15 most are beyond the point of helping. Expecting the criminal justice system to solve this problem is flawed.

That’s the job of the family which has been slowly eroded away to nothing. No positive father figures, probably questionable mothers etc.

When they reach 15 most are beyond the point of helping. Expecting the criminal justice system to solve this problem is flawed.

That’s the job of the family which has been slowly eroded away to nothing. No positive father figures, probably questionable mothers etc.
"Folsom Prison Blues" (When I was just a baby, my mama told me son / always be a good boy don't ever play with guns) should be a required part of the curriculum for first-graders in every DC school.
"Social justice" and hand-wringing over "inequities" is total BS. So is attributing violent criminal behavior to the "pandemic". Let these kids know that if they want to f**k up they should expect consequences.

The democrats were the ones that enslaved the slaves during slavery too.
Not their fault. Cause the blacks captured and sold fellow blacks to the White Man BEFORE the big boat ride. Dems didn't wanna waste a commodity once it was already on the market

Back
Top Bottom