• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

With the threat of a M855 Ban looming, its appropriate to petition the 7N6 ban too.

[h=4]WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:[/h][h=1]Revoke BATFE ban on 7N6 Ammunition[/h]Revoke BATFE ban on 7N6 Ammunition
The ban on 7N6 does not meet BATFE's definition of AP (armor piercing) ammunition. First, a little background.
The following is that definition:
“(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium,
(ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.”
This law only applies to handgun ammunition., not rifle cartridges and therefore cannot be banned by the same means.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-batfe-ban-7n6-ammunition/cLwKtXGv

Lets get on the offensive rather than defensive. This shit is unconstitutional and they know it, lets stick it up their own, and post this on all forums you are members of, and send to everyone you can. Even if you dont shoot 5.45, if we stand together we can stop them from banning other calibers.

I think that's an entirely different issue, and by the letter of the law, they have us by the balls on that one...

Test, Examination and Classification of 7N6
5.45x39 Ammunition

On March 5, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) received a request from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency (CBP) to conduct a test, examination and classification of Russian-made 7N6 5.45x39 ammunition for purposes of determining whether it is considered “armor piercing ammunition” as defined by the Gun Control Act (GCA), as amended. Since 1986, the GCA has prohibited the importation of armor piercing ammunition unless it is destined for government use or testing. The imported ammunition about which CBP was inquiring was not destined for either excepted purpose.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA), as amended, defines the term “armor piercing ammunition” as:

“(i)a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or

(ii)a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.”

When ATF tested the 7N6 samples provided by CBP, they were found to contain a steel core. ATF’s analysis also concluded that the ammunition could be used in a commercially available handgun, the Fabryka Bronie Radom, Model Onyks 89S, 5.45x39 caliber semi-automatic pistol, which was approved for importation into the United States in November 2011. Accordingly, the ammunition is “armor piercing” under the section 921(a)(17)(B)(i) and is therefore not importable. ATF’s determination applies only to the Russian-made 7N6 ammunition analyzed, not to all 5.45x39 ammunition. Ammunition of that caliber using projectiles without a steel core would have to be independently examined to determine their importability.

https://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...mmunition.html

Note the subtle differences... "which may be used" .vs "designed and intended".

The 7N6 situation isn't all that much different than what transpired with the 7.62x39 steel core ammo ban, and that's
been in effect since 94...

http://www.thegunzone.com/762x39.html

In both situations, the ammo would still be perfectly legal if there were no pistols chambered in those calibers,
but we can't (nor should we), turn back the clock on that one.

The supportive argument with S109/M855 (at least from I've read and understand so far), relies on the "jacket has a
weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile" definition.

The ATF is also playing the "sporting purposes" card WRT M855, and there's the importation laws/guidelines
(a whole another area of law), that 7N6 can be banned unlike the domestic manufacture of M855 that
is less problematic.

Last edited:
Let this guy turn his desires to piss and shit and have his fill

jones-b-todd-offiical-280x350.jpg

that's all I'm going to say

Back
Top Bottom