Carrying more or the same

• More

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Same

Votes: 62 44.6%
  • You give zero f*cks

Votes: 49 35.3%

• Total voters
I am looking at election prep the same way I do a snowstorm or hurricane.
Plenty of gas for the generator. Full tanks in all vehicles. Plenty of food and water in case supermarkets are crazy. Devices all charged, oil tank full, a weeks worth of dry firewood in the garage.

Cooler weather is here so I have already started carrying a bigger gun. I always keep a get home bag in the truck with lots of essentials/ go bag goodies.

All this being said, I figure it is going to be a great big nothing burger in the suburbs.

Boy, all this talk is making me wish I had a gun. Is it too late to buy some?
Too late for the gun show loophole, ordering one online for delivery to your house may take a couple of days even with Amazon Prime, so just ask Obama, he said it's easier to get a gun on the street than a library book.

Last edited:
I carry every day but I'm starting to carry pepper spray too. I read only 1 in 5 violent encounters involve lethal force. I also make a point of not going to dumb places or getting myself into dumb situations. The list of places and situations is getting longer.

The big change is I finally bullied my wife into renewing her LTC and my 22yo son into applying for his LTC. I can't wait to see how long the process takes. We're in a very pro 2A town. Our town PD gives the class and tells everyone to apply for the LTC and list "All lawful purposes", but in the past they have been slow with the paperwork.

I'll be home, in bed, watching anything but election results and I'll get up on Wednesday morning and see where things stand. Wednesday will be an interesting day will will most likely just stay home.

LOL is this the thread for the holier-than-thou crowd who will say one should be carrying adequate firepower every single day, they won't change a thing because they are 100% prepared, and that OMG you will die if you don't do as they say?

Working from home all week so no need to venture into a potential trouble zone. Expecting a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of trouble at the house- I'm in one of those zero trick-or-treaters zones LOL. Instructed my college kids that they are to stay the hell out of Boston area and Worcester until later this week or longer if the situation is still nuts. Yeah, we're taking a few extra precautions to ensure preparedness.

My biggest prep was made decades ago when I decided to never ever live in a Donk controlled urban sh!thole.

Exactly this.
LOL is this the thread for the holier-than-thou crowd who will say one should be carrying adequate firepower every single day, they won't change a thing because they are 100% prepared, and that OMG you will die if you don't do as they say?

Working from home all week so no need to venture into a potential trouble zone. Expecting a 0.0000000000000000001% chance of trouble at the house- I'm in one of those zero trick-or-treaters zones LOL. Instructed my college kids that they are to stay the hell out of Boston area and Worcester until later this week or longer if the situation is still nuts. Yeah, we're taking a few extra precautions to ensure preparedness.

My biggest prep was made decades ago when I decided to never ever live in a Donk controlled urban sh!thole.
I'll move a pump 12ga from the safe to my truck box but that's about it. There are already AR's in the living room and bedroom to complement the nightstand guns. My neighbors are cows and they don't care about politics.

Exactly this.

I'll move a pump 12ga from the safe to my truck box but that's about it. There are already AR's in the living room and bedroom to complement the nightstand guns. My neighbors are cows and they don't care about politics.

Yeah, rub it in for being able to openly admit AR's in the living room LOL. Stupid MA storage laws... Of course it's not storage if you are nearby and awake I guess.

Where you live, folks probably don't have to worry so much about politics. My experience after many years visiting eastern TN is that they don't take much stock in what the Feds say or want.

I bought a new keyboard with ultra fast keyboard sensing senseology, i have a 32oz jug of lubriderm on standby and paper towels.

I also have sad clown memes on standby for the event that either giant douche or turd sandwich wins.

Yeah, rub it in for being able to openly admit AR's in the living room LOL. Stupid MA storage laws... Of course it's not storage if you are nearby and awake I guess.

Where you live, folks probably don't have to worry so much about politics. My experience after many years visiting eastern TN is that they don't take much stock in what the Feds say or want.
Lol, you should hear some of the gun shop conversations. The little shops, not Bud's or Smoky Mountain.

I always carry at least a .380 pocket rocket, but with the way things are I am keeping a lvl 3a/stab resistant concealable vest I can wear under a hoodie, two sabre mk4 pepper sprays, a bump helmet (a simple Petzl rock climbing helmet I can wear over a ball cap and pull the hoodie over to hide), clear safety glasses, hard knuckle mechanics gloves, black bandana/face mask to hide my face and hide the bump helmet straps, and an inconspicous get home bag in my truck, and I've stepped up to my M&P40c with 2 spare mags on me and a spare box of self defense ammo in the get home bag. I don't think there will be anything going on where I live, but I have to attend a family thing tomorrow night in Springfield so staying prepared. The idea behind the gear I picked is to be able to appear like any other normal hood rat walking through a protest if I have to abandon my truck to get out of the city, but still be ready to handle business if I need to. Kind of the gray man principle. With the two pepper sprays, hard knuckle gloves, pistol with two spare mags I'll have 31rds of .40sw Hornaday critical duty, I should be all set, but the idea is to avoid conflict and slip out without even talking to anyone.

I always carry at least a .380 pocket rocket, but with the way things are I am keeping a lvl 3a/stab resistant concealable vest I can wear under a hoodie, two sabre mk4 pepper sprays, a bump helmet (a simple Petzl rock climbing helmet I can wear over a ball cap and pull the hoodie over to hide), clear safety glasses, hard knuckle mechanics gloves, black bandana/face mask to hide my face and hide the bump helmet straps, and an inconspicous get home bag in my truck, and I've stepped up to my M&P40c with 2 spare mags on me and a spare box of self defense ammo in the get home bag. I don't think there will be anything going on where I live, but I have to attend a family thing tomorrow night in Springfield so staying prepared. The idea behind the gear I picked is to be able to appear like any other normal hood rat walking through a protest if I have to abandon my truck to get out of the city, but still be ready to handle business if I need to. Kind of the gray man principle. With the two pepper sprays, hard knuckle gloves, pistol with two spare mags I'll have 31rds of .40sw Hornaday critical duty, I should be all set, but the idea is to avoid conflict and slip out without even talking to anyone.

If you feel the need for a loadout like that you might want to reconsider where you're going.

If you feel the need for a loadout like that you might want to reconsider where you're going.
I don't anticipate needing it, but I'll have it if I do. When it comes to planning for possible shit shows like tomorrow night, I try to follow P.A.C.E, my primary is to drive home like I normally would, alternate is to take a different route home, contingency is to stay at my families house overnight if it isn't safe to travel, emergency, like their house is about to get burned down, is to gear up and slip out the back door with my family in tow, and try to make it to safety. Where we live is fairly rural, I don't anticipate any issues at home.

Christ.
Where are you people going to vote, Hanoi? Baghdad? Mosul?
Worried about Frank showing up with his whatever year black powder revolver?
I'm not worried about going to vote, it's later tomorrow night and Wednesday that's gonna be a possible shit show in any populated area.

I'll be home, in bed, watching anything but election results and I'll get up on Wednesday morning and see where things stand. Wednesday will be an interesting day will will most likely just stay home.
You’ll be able to sleep? Politics don’t interest me at all and I don’t think I’d be able to sleep.

Somewhat similar. Working from home and not planning on going near Savannah for a couple of days. Next thing on my calendar is shooting/ROing GSSF match Fri/Sat/Sun at my local club.

Preparations already made - the same preps I have in place for a storm - food, water, meds, generator. And bourbon - lots of bourbon.

This is Georgia, so I already have pistols in the bedroom, an AR in the office with a couple of spare mags, and plenty of loaded mags sitting on the safe for both ARs and handguns.

Richmond Hill, Georgia is about as far as you can get from a "Donk controlled urban sh!thole" and I'm glad I'm living here - not in New England any more.

You’ll be able to sleep? Politics don’t interest me at all and I don’t think I’d be able to sleep.

Shouldn't have a problem sleeping. Didn't in 2106 and doubt I will tomorrow either. Nothing you can do once you vote and in MA its most likely meaningless. We'll either wake up on Wednesday morning in America or we'll wake up at the start of something else.....

Back
Top Bottom