• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winter is coming

Dont forget that winter is coming. Time to check the snowblower, get the furnace inspected, chimney cleaned etc. Better now than when all the other people are doing in Sept and Oct.

I was got a wood stove at the end of last winter to add some heat redundancy but with limited use I think it is much too small and a POS. I have some fabricating to do to get it ready for winter thanks for the reminder.

Still putting off Spring cleaning. Too early to think about winter but RR1 will tell you how close we are to Christmas.

And while you're busy not forgetting to get your chimneys cleaned.....don't forget to go to Carl (member CRSIII) to get it done!

Already had the chimney cleaned, have the furnace scheduled for December, and looking at an Ariens snow blower at Home Depot.

Check your generator also. Battery Charged, oil full, no leaks or other damage. You did remember to store it corrcetly with Fuel Stabilizer and 'fog' the carb and cylnder with oil, didn't you?

Keep some fuel on hand too, after the mix change over; it is a better quality fuel for storage in the winter. Also store the highest grade fuel possible from a well used station.

Thank you for reminding me that the end is in sight and the heat will end eventually. My favorite and 2nd favorite seasons are soon here (Fall and Winter). [smile]

I'd love to use the fireplace in the winter but it isn't really efficient... I feel like more cold air comes in through the "cracks" anyway. I would love a woodstove, but I don't own the place... maybe the landlord can be influenced [devil]

Woohooo! Bring on the snow. Furnace-Check, snow removal equipment-Check, Ski's ready-Check, winter gear ready-Check, snowmobile vacation booked-Check!! Ready for Winter. THE best season of the year.

Oh and lets not forget the most important thing, 115 DAYS LEFT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!

I'd love to use the fireplace in the winter but it isn't really efficient... I feel like more cold air comes in through the "cracks" anyway. I would love a woodstove, but I don't own the place... maybe the landlord can be influenced [devil]

Fireplaces really only warm up the room they are in. Otherwise, you are correct. They draw air in from outside. Cold air.

Back
Top Bottom