Winter Carry

Let's see'em! Mine's my Sig SP2022 9mm with an Alien Gear holster. For those of you familiar with the gun, check out the base plate on the mag, I dremeled it to make it more concealable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 365
Same as the rest of the year. G26 in a Dale Fricke Archangel G19 appendix holster. The extra length of the G19 holster helps keep it from tipping out over the top of my belt.

b58dbb4d-6ce2-4257-a9de-fd21e6d10265_zpse5495201.jpg

I actually go with a smaller gun in the deep of winter because getting under all the layers to my primary takes too long, and sometimes I want to wear snow/insulated pants without a traditional belt setup: Usually carry P239 AIWB in a JM Custom Kydex rig, switch or add a Kahr PM9 in a Desantis pocket holster (in an outside jacket pocket).

I've always liked the idea of a shoulder holster, but unless you wear a suit or a jacket all day how do you keep it concealed?

You don't. Even with a jacket the straps coming from behind my neck are visible sometimes for me. A suit coat would do much better I suspect but unless you kept it buttoned you could still reveal the holster if you reach for something or bend over. I've tried to go with a shoulder rig a few times and couldn't get comfortable with it.

Ruger SR9c in Alex and Ryan Design kydex, though I take my M&P in an Alpha Concealment when the mood strikes.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420989497554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420989497554.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 187
Ruger SR9c in Alex and Ryan Design kydex, though I take my M&P in an Alpha Concealment when the mood strikes.

How do you like that Key-Bar? I just ordered one for myself and I am pretty excited about it.

As far as carry, I carry the same thing all the time, Glock 19. Not that exciting, not going to take a picture.

I wear my work hoodie all the time haven't figured out spring/summer carry yet. Looking at Allen gear iwb for same guns

I'm really liking my Alien Gear. The fact that I can just swap the kydex shells for different guns is what sold me on it. Took a long time to come in but so far it's been worth the wait.

Crossbreed holster for my p229 but I've been recently looking at the safariland 7ts holster. So far I like the reviews.

It definitely stops the jingle in your pocket. But I'm glad I got the cheapest one. Not worth the money for colored ones. It's a bit of a puzzle to put together to align all your keys to fit perfectly. But they are organized and quiet. I would rate it as 60% novelty gadget and 40% practical.
How do you like that Key-Bar? I just ordered one for myself and I am pretty excited about it.

As far as carry, I carry the same thing all the time, Glock 19. Not that exciting, not going to take a picture.

It definitely stops the jingle in your pocket. But I'm glad I got the cheapest one. Not worth the money for colored ones. It's a bit of a puzzle to put together to align all your keys to fit perfectly. But they are organized and quiet. I would rate it as 60% novelty gadget and 40% practical.

That is kind of what I figured, I got the plain one as well. Oh well, I have spent more money on dumber shit for sure.

Back
Top Bottom