***Winners picked !*** Constituitional karma ***Winners picked !***

Twigg

NES Member
See last post in thread for winners.

This thread is not a debate. I'm posting this here instead of the members section to reach more people.

Ever hear this ? :
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

Odd how it takes a Frenchman who died shortly before the American revolution to understand the first ammendment to our Constitution. [thinking]
I am beginning to understand how Jefferson's time in Paris influenced his later work.

As I sit here reading how the "Occupiers" are exercising their constitutional rights in calling for totalitarianism as a means for the changes they seek and the knee jerk reactions calling for increased force in removing these misguided children from the parks and plaza's they occupy. I am dumbfounded at both the level of violence both sides are calling for and the apparent lack of knowledge of our Constitution some people have.

Now here's the karma:
I have three pocket copies: Two of the Declaration of Independence with the Constitution, the other is just the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Simply post "In." and in one week I will mail out free of charge a copy at random (no choice, sorry) to the winners.

Dont want to wait ? Go here for a free three dollar copy of your own. [smile]

Hopefully people will be better informed on what our constitutional rights are in future discussions.

Last edited:
This thread is not a debate. I'm posting this here instead of the members section to reach more people.

Ever hear this ? :

Odd how it takes a Frenchman who died shortly before the American revolution to understand the first ammendment to our Constitution. [thinking]
I am beginning to understand how Jefferson's time in Paris influenced his later work.

As I sit here reading how the "Occupiers" are exercising their constitutional rights in calling for totalitarianism as a means for the changes they seek and the knee jerk reactions calling for increased force in removing these misguided children from the parks and plaza's they occupy. I am dumbfounded at both the level of violence both sides are calling for and the apparent lack of knowledge of our Constitution some people have.

Now here's the karma:
I have three pocket copies: Two of the Declaration of Independence with the Constitution, the other is just the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Simply post "In." and in one week I will mail out free of charge a copy at random (no choice, sorry) to the winners.

Dont want to wait ? Go here for a free three dollar copy of your own. [smile]

Hopefully people will be better informed on what our constitutional rights are in future discussions.

in

His influence. Go read some history books on Jefferson, Voltaire and the Revolution.
Then start another thread to discuss it.
Crapping on other people's threads is not a good way to get started here.

Suggest that you not assume through my low post count here, that my knowledge on the subject is lacking. Further suggest that you expand less energy crapping on newbies (which seems to be all too common here) and more on your study of Madison.

Have a nice day.

I have a small stack already myself. I hand them out to "legals" that I meet and get to know and like. They, and other Americans watching, are impressed that I give them out.

When an immigrant, whether already naturalized or on the path, mentions how such and such would be better in the USA if they did it like their mother country, I pull out my copy and say they can read and mark the sections they think we should change. And I also ask them to highlight the sections that, if we were to change them, might cause the USA to slip toward being a country they would not like to live in. Then I remind them they chose to live here instead of their mother country and tell them to be careful not to change things that would make it no use to them to have moved to the USA, or worse, to change things that might make it worse than the country they chose to leave.

They usually get the point.

We should all buy some to hand out!

Last edited:
Winners picked !

Conga-Rats ! to:
congarats.gif

Pelikan
John1964
Jacks07

PM me your mailing address and your Pocket Constituitions will be mailed out pronto.

Back
Top Bottom