• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WINNERS!!!Milsurp Rifle Collection showcase

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
After carefully reviewing all of the firearms submitted for this showcase I have chosen the winners.
ALL of you!!!! They are all in some way unique and deserve to be chosen as the "BEST" of Milsurps. Thanks to everyone for sharing pictures of some of your outstanding items from your collection.

OK MajSpud started a semi auto pistol post with all sorts of rules, like only purchased in the last year, and no limit on how many entries one member can enter. Tim you entered 6 of your own[wink]

This one is much easier.IMO
Rule:
What is in your opinion your most interesting , rare, or just plain your favorite Milsurp/C+R rifle you have in your collection. It doesn't matter when you purchased it. This also includes antiques. ENTER AS MANY AS YOU LIKE. HECK IT WILL MAKE SOME OF US SAY, NOW I HAVE TO FIND ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!

We will keep this going for 30 days and then take a vote. I will use a web site for the voting. The link will be posted when we hit the 30 day mark.

Don't feel like you have to explain the rifles entire history if you don't want to. It can be as simple as one of 1000 manufactured. All you need to do is state what it is, the rest is up to you how detailed you want to get.

OK everybody, lets see them. [cheers]

Last edited:
Well I only have one but is the rifle I wanted the day I seen it on the movies "Enemy at The Gates ". 1939 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Hex .[smile]it look like it roll around the mudd a bit ,and this is a plus on my opinian .

Hey, I didn't make most of the rules - Noxin suggested the topic and timeline. I happened to concentrate on pistols last yer. If this thread continues, I'll have very little to contribute. I was thinking of revolvers or full size rifles next month.

MS

Hey, I didn't make most of the rules - Noxin suggested the topic and timeline. I happened to concentrate on pistols last yer. If this thread continues, I'll have very little to contribute. I was thinking of revolvers or full size rifles next month.

MS
Oh come on Tim, don't be a spoiled sport.

No problem here. I'll need some fresh pics of my item before I post; today or tomorrow.

MS[banana]

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I don't ave anything worthy of the thread!!!!

Edit: Ok, how about this one....

A normal 43 dou K98. Original bluing, and with the exception of the stock every other serial number matches

image_zps95f77203.jpg

But, a picture of the other side of the rifle shows a little additional history

image_zpsc67f9e12.jpg

The additional sling cutout and the P.H. 106 are French modifications. What makes this rifle interesting to me ( and a few other collectors that keep wanting to buy it from me!) is the fact that it is a complete matching k98.... Many of the French'd K98s were real "parts guns" and had nothing that matched.

Better pics later

Last edited:
Real hard toss up between my M03 Springfield and my Bahnschutz marked Gew98M

I chose the Springfield.

1931 M1903 U.S. Springfield .30-06. One of the "Official 10 Oddball Springfield List". Built on a unfinished Rock Island receiver #423882 (1919/1920). When Rock Island Arsenal shut down after WWI, the machinery and unfinished parts were put in storage. The parts were sent to Springfield in 1927 or so and the RIA marked receivers were completed into rifles. The machinery went to Remington at the start of WWII to restart M03 production, which then morphed into the M03A1 and M03A3.

These Springfield finished RIA receivers are called post production assembly variants. Mine was completed and barreled at Springfield armory in 8/1931 and is one of the last made; I have only seen one SN higher. Rifle is in WWII rebuild finish; parkerized receiver and blued small parts. Correct Springfield marked transitional Semi-C stock with four cartouches; AAR (Augusta Arsenal rebuild proof), P (stock Proof), S (Springfield in selector cut out), and 3. The rifle has an original unmarked sling, the WWII Arsenal parkerized refinish has faded to a pleasant patina, and the barrel is bright with no pitting. Original unissued Gotham Steel (ΔG) WWII sight-cover and WWII plastic oiler kit in butt trap. A real good shooter with the old fashioned sights aided by the sight cover.

MS

Last edited:
Cadet Trapdoor

My recent cadet Trapdoor :

Attachments

• Cadet.jpg
    Cadet.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Cadet55.jpg
    Cadet55.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Cadet1765.jpg
    Cadet1765.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Cadet5678.jpg
    Cadet5678.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Cadet56345.jpg
    Cadet56345.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Cadet56789.jpg
    Cadet56789.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Cadet128790.jpg
    Cadet128790.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 29
  • Cadet567889.jpg
    Cadet567889.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 31
addtional pics of cadet Trapdoor

Additional pics of the cadet Trapdoor.

Attachments

• Cadet1.jpg
    Cadet1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Cadat2.jpg
    Cadat2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Cadat3.jpg
    Cadat3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Cadet3.jpg
    Cadet3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Cadet5.jpg
    Cadet5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 19
  • Cadet6.jpg
    Cadet6.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Cadet7.jpg
    Cadet7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Cadet22.jpg
    Cadet22.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Cadet33.jpg
    Cadet33.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 24
Oh my gosh, Maninblue! Two entries! Violations of rules!

Fifty spankings to you from 50 BMG's avatar!

Oh no he not getting any spankings from my girl;) OK Maninblue which entry is it. The BAR is new production isn't it???? No cheating now. But what the heck, who cares show them off folks, its a good way for those of us to say, hey I want one!!!!!!!!!!

H image.jpg Here's my 8mm "fun" box.
the GEW 88 is a Danzig 1896 with all matching including the stock #'s. Then for a little semi auto aaction the 1964 Hakim with that muzzle break "bark" gets the "what the @&$# is that?" question every time. :)

Many apologies for all the pics, but to do justice for this completely original 1898 Tula Mosin Nagant Model 1891, all of the arsenal marked parts are included.

Certainly not the least common gun or model of all time. But to find one that has received no updates, and with all matching numbers, has got to be more than one in a million. The flat rear sight leaf, magazine sling swivel, stock without any crossbolt, and all original parts are what make this gun extremely rare, and my favorite in the collection.

Enjoy

grailTula_001.jpg

grailTula_002.jpg

grailTula_003.jpg

grailTula_004.jpg

grailTula_005.jpg

grailTula_006.jpg

grailTula_007.jpg

grailTula49.jpg

grailTula50.jpg

grailTula_009.jpg

grailTula_010.jpg

grailTula_011.jpg

grailTula_013.jpg

grailTula_014.jpg

grailTula_015.jpg

grailTula_016.jpg

grailTula_017.jpg

grailTula_018.jpg

grailTula_019.jpg

grailTula_020.jpg

grailTula_021.jpg

grailTula_022.jpg

grailTula_023.jpg

grailTula_024.jpg

grailTula_025.jpg

grailTula_026.jpg

grailTula_027.jpg

grailTula_028.jpg

grailTula_029.jpg

grailTula_030.jpg

grailTula_031.jpg

grailTula_032.jpg

grailTula_033.jpg

grailTula_034.jpg

grailTula_036.jpg

grailTula_037.jpg

grailTula_038.jpg

grailTula_039.jpg

grailTula_040.jpg

grailTula_041.jpg

grailTula_001.jpg

grailTula_002.jpg

WOW!

I love those old imperial marks and proofs. Great pics and what a wonderful piece of history.

Bore is a 7 of 10. The previous owner did fire it, but I won't. 'Tis not a stock that one should risk the chance of cracking - could be a mistake of better than a thousand dollars.

Any idea what this marking denotes? I have this on an 1895 TULA receiver. I don't recall ever figuring out what it was.

grailTula_039.jpg

Back
Top Bottom