• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Chicken to die for!

Yosemite Sam

NES Member

A man was stabbed to death on Monday night outside of a Popeyes restaurant during a fight over the fast-food chain's now-famous chicken sandwich, Maryland police said.

Jennifer Donelan, director of media relations for the Prince George’s County Police Department, told USA TODAY that an altercation started inside a Popeyes in Oxon Hill and moved outside. She said an adult male was found with stab wounds and rushed to the hospital, where he died.

Speaking to reporters at the scene, Donelan confirmed the fight was "related to the release of the sandwich."

"This individual was in line, a line specifically for the sale of the sandwich, when another customer and he got into an altercation," she said. "That ended with the victim being stabbed outside of the business."

She added, "Somebody cut in front of the other. For you to get that angry over anything, for that type of anger to develop into this type of violence, again, is a very sad and tragic day."

Donelan said the victim was a 28-year-old man. The suspect in the stabbing is also a man. She couldn't confirm if the man left the scene on foot or in car. Police are asking anyone in the restaurant at the time to "come forward and speak with our detectives."

"Knowing these details and knowing what happened here and knowing that a life was taken… it is hard to put into words," Donelan said. "I can't find the right words to describe what the man did to this innocent victim."

Popeyes' chicken sandwich made its return Sunday after making its debut in August and quickly selling out after becoming a viral sensation.

Popeyes did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment Monday night

A man was stabbed to death on Monday night outside of a Popeyes restaurant during a fight over the fast-food chain's now-famous chicken sandwich, Maryland police said.

Jennifer Donelan, director of media relations for the Prince George’s County Police Department, told USA TODAY that an altercation started inside a Popeyes in Oxon Hill and moved outside. She said an adult male was found with stab wounds and rushed to the hospital, where he died.

Speaking to reporters at the scene, Donelan confirmed the fight was "related to the release of the sandwich."

"This individual was in line, a line specifically for the sale of the sandwich, when another customer and he got into an altercation," she said. "That ended with the victim being stabbed outside of the business."

She added, "Somebody cut in front of the other. For you to get that angry over anything, for that type of anger to develop into this type of violence, again, is a very sad and tragic day."

Donelan said the victim was a 28-year-old man. The suspect in the stabbing is also a man. She couldn't confirm if the man left the scene on foot or in car. Police are asking anyone in the restaurant at the time to "come forward and speak with our detectives."

"Knowing these details and knowing what happened here and knowing that a life was taken… it is hard to put into words," Donelan said. "I can't find the right words to describe what the man did to this innocent victim."

Popeyes' chicken sandwich made its return Sunday after making its debut in August and quickly selling out after becoming a viral sensation.

Popeyes did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment Monday night

these chicken franchises should have an armed guard, like banks!
how hungry must one be to kill for a sangwitch?

Funny, the Popeye's on Memorial Drive in Chicopee has had lines of cars out the parking lot and backed up on the road the last few days. It looked like they all were headed for the drive-through.

we got popeye's around here? gotta try one of those sandwiches but going armed.
There's one in Nashua and there was one in Salem, haven't been over that way in a while.

I honestly place a lot of blame on social media for this, they've turned this sandwich into some Holy Grail. Kudos to the marketing dept., but it's gotten a little out of hand.

Watch, the next of kin for the deceased is going to file a lawsuit against Popeye's for not having any security detail,
especially when they knew large crowds were expected.

There's one in Nashua and there was one in Salem, haven't been over that way in a while.

I honestly place a lot of blame on social media for this, they've turned this sandwich into some Holy Grail. Kudos to the marketing dept., but it's gotten a little out of hand.
Theres still one in Salem. Theres also one on the Parkway on Everett.

I got the Popeye's sandwich from the Popeye's in Nashua on Sunday. There wasn't a huge line when I went, but it was busy.

As for the sandwich, it is good. Very good. But it isn't as good as Chick-Fil-A's sandwich and if they're hoping to knock off Chick-Fil-A based on this, that isn't going to happen. With fast food, each place has a specific taste that you crave and this sandwich doesn't taste the same nor is it attempting to. Chick-FIl-A also has significantly superior french fries and customer service.

I doubt anyone would get stabbed in NH over this. Maryland is generally a terrible place.

I don't understand it.

Within about a three mile radius of my house here in NC, it's possible to get a chicken sandwich at a McDonald's, Burger King, Zaxby's, Chick Fil-A, Sonic, Wendy's, Hardee's, Bojangles, Arby's, Panera, or KFC. That's not including all the non-chain restaurants that serve them, too.

Nearest Popeye's is over 45 minutes away, and you'd pass four Bojangles on the way.

There is no shortage of chicken sandwiches in America. Certainly not worth killing or being killed about.

Now, being disrespected, and cutting in the line? Well, yeah. We gon have werds.

DUPE!

Line-cutters need to learn about consequences. It's important to be conscientious and considerate of others.

Back
Top Bottom