Wind River; a movie with some lever gun action, even a brief reloading scene.

Yeah, good movie. The gunfight at the end is more realistic than most. The villains were a mite too politically correct for my taste.
The same plot that has been written 100 times.
So, as long as it is good to pass the time, it is good to go.

Yeah, good movie. The gunfight at the end is more realistic than most. The villains were a mite too politically correct for my taste.
That entire sequence leading up the gun fight felt super realistic. You could feel the tension building up and you knew something was going down. Best gun fight scene all considered IMO. Don't ruin the movie by watching the scene, just watch the whole thing.

That entire sequence leading up the gun fight felt super realistic. You could feel the tension building up and you knew something was going down. Best gun fight scene all considered IMO. Don't ruin the movie by watching the scene, just watch the whole thing.

You nailed it. Great scene.

Big fan of this movie. Marlin 1895 45-70 great gun.
I’m pretty sure that’s one of the guns or it’s modern equivalent used in the newer Jurassic Park movie. Although in that movie he was shooting semi auto with his lever action rifle...Like it’s difficult enough just to find standard 9 mm or 223...But I guess it’s worth it if you’re trying to take down terrodactyls and raptors

I’m pretty sure that’s one of the guns or it’s modern equivalent used in the newer Jurassic Park movie. Although in that movie he was shooting semi auto with his lever action rifle...Like it’s difficult enough just to find standard 9 mm or 223...But I guess it’s worth it if you’re trying to take down terrodactyls and raptors
Great observations. All are correct. I may have recently purchased a rifle much like the one in the movie. And you are also correct ammo is non existent.

After reading this thread yesterday. I couldn’t resist and watched it for the second time last night. Phew... yeah just as good the second time as I remember it.

I would recommend this movie to anybody that has not yet watched it.

I enjoyed this movie and was pretty bummed when Netflix took it down. Might have to pick it up myself. If you like it, check out Yellowstone and Longmire for sites if you haven't, similar feel.

I love this movie. Watched it at least 5 or 6 times. The first gunfight in the crack shack after Scarlet Witch FBI gets pepper sprayed was pretty intense. She's got next to no vision and she's trying to clear the place room by room while tripping over all the shit she can't see and you just think yeah in about 4 seconds someone is gonna come around a corner and blast you.
Then that last gunfight. OOOF. 12 gauge to the chest at less than 10 feet fires her off those stairs. Then the first guy to get hit by the 45-70 that gets sent flying from the impact. Quality.
Btw anyone notice FBI's reload of her glock after she dumps her mag into the guy next to her. Looked pretty damn clean.

A bird hunted last year in the Sand Hills of Nebraska close to the Pine Ridge Indian reservation. We stayed at a small cattle ranch that had accommodations for hunters. We had our meals with the family, the wife taught at a high school on the reservation. She really had some horror stories. Wind River did a good job giving you the feeling of the desperation on these reservations.
About 25 years ago I drove from Denver to the Grand Canyon through the Navajo Nation. Incredibly sad impoverished place. We were given instructions not to stop or be there after dark.

There are a lot of places out West where life is hard and life is cheap.

Wow. Just watched the other day after seeing this thread. Really enjoyed the movie. Very gritty. I liked it so much I ended up watching both Sicario movies, which were written by the same fellow, Taylor Sheridan.

Last edited:
Wow. Just watched the other day after seeing this thread. Really enjoyed the movie. Very gritty. I liked it so much I ended up watching both Sicario movies, which were written by the same fellow, Taylor Sheridan.
If you like Wind River, check out "Hell or High Water". This is also written by Mr. Sheridan.

This was the beginning of awesome Tyler Sheridan. Yellowstone has been amazing. Now two spin offs coming. Along with Those Who Wish Me Dead

This was the beginning of awesome Tyler Sheridan. Yellowstone has been amazing. Now two spin offs coming. Along with Those Who Wish Me Dead
Nope, he did the screenplay for Sicario. He's been killing it for a while now.

And Wind River is a masterpiece IMHO, which is why I bumped the thread.

Also, Elizabeth Olsen.... drool. This is what happens when you get the womb to yourself.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (9).gif

Back
Top Bottom