• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchesters from CMP

Just got an email that Winchester Garands and M1 Carbines are going to be available from the CMP in December. If I recall correctly, Winchester Garands are a bit more rare than the Springfield and H&R variants. They're also listed for a lot more; CMP wants about $200 more for Winchesters Garands compared to the other manufacturers and maybe $100 more for Carbines.

Any thoughts? Is it worth picking one up, as an investment or as a shooter? Anyone getting one?

Neither one is especially rare. Winchester carbines are actually the second most common (by far) after Inlands.

Why are the carbines rare, when Winchester made the second most of all the manufacturers? I'm not saying they're not; I've never seen one for sale. I'm asking how it got this way.

He said Winchester Garands, which are more rare.

Carbines, rare but not alot so.

I know. I'm just pointing out that while some may pay more for the Winchester name on the carbines (as evidenced by the higher price) there's no practical justification for it, like there is with the IPs, S'G's, and Rock-Olas. Winchester made over a million of the 6 million produced.

Since my brother is finally willing to get a gun from the CMP [smile]. I will probably end up getting a H&R garand in a few months (now that summers gone I cant make as much money as I used to). That and another m1 carbine [smile].

Back
Top Bottom