Winchester white box misfeed Glock 26

scatter

NES Member
Had my G26 on the range today. First time shooting wally-world Winchester white box, and had two misfeeds. Both happened during the first 30 rounds; I shot 150 more after that with no problem. I've never had a misfeed on this gun before; have probably shot 1,500 rounds through it. Any bad experiences out there with the white box ammo? I normally run CCI Blazer for practice and have never had a problem.

Did you inspect the ammo before shooting? Derek made a big thread on here about bad rounds from WWB, and others have had problems too. I had issues with .40 WWB before.

There are some bad lots of WWB val pack out there.... so this doesn't surprise me.

I would also do the recoil spring test on your Glock....

FWIW I disagree with this guy on the 45 degree thing.... if it doesn't go into battery on its own, its gotta go. (Gamer springs and other BS will always fail this test, but that's not really a consideration with the G26 anyways).

ETA: If this is only 1500 or so rounds from you getting the gun as new, then your gun should not fail the test. The double coil Glock springs are usually pretty robust.

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot some of my white box on Friday night and zero problems out of my G23. Ill let you when I finish the rest

Did you inspect the ammo before shooting? Derek made a big thread on here about bad rounds from WWB, and others have had problems too. I had issues with .40 WWB before.

Nope, didn't do any inspecting, just loaded up and fired away. Is there some common defect in this ammo that you can see??

ETA: If this is only 1500 or so rounds from you getting the gun as new, then your gun should not fail the test. The double coil Glock springs are usually pretty robust.

-Mike

Yes, about 1500 rds since buying the gun new. Gave it the spring test this morning and all is well. I bought 500 rounds of this wwb stuff so I sure hope I don't have consistent trouble with it. I'll try it again next time out and give a report.

I've also heard their QC has slipped. It's also my understanding they do special runs for Wallyworld.

I figure it's (relatively) cheap plinking ammo. It's not for EDC.

I've only had one feed issue with my Glock 26 in the 1000+ rounds I've put thru it and it was also with the wwb. Now I only use Remington UMC for target and haven't had any issues so far.

WWB is usually fine in my glocks but I've had issues a couple times lately too. Especially in the G26. No issues in the G19 or G17 but the G26 has had several failures to extract....maybe low powered rounds. I usually welcome the chance to clear a real malfunction though since it keeps my skills sharp.

On topic of cheap ammo - I bought 100 round 9mm bulk packs of Federal this weekend $20 out the door at Wallmart. Just another alternative.

I've also heard their QC has slipped. It's also my understanding they do special runs for Wallyworld.

I figure it's (relatively) cheap plinking ammo. It's not for EDC.

The bulk ammo is the same at Walmart as it is at any other store.

My father has a g26 and be has had some issues with the WWB, he has 2 to 3 ftf out of 100. Usually if you put em back through they will fire.

Just my 2 cents

My favorite cheap 9mm load for my Glocks has always been CCI Blazer. Its been 100% in both the 26 I used to own and the 34 I still own. I wouldn't be reloading if I could still get it for $5.75/box.

Sometimes you can get blazer brass for just a buck more a box. Then its worth it if you reload. (Except in the case of .45. Blazer brass uses small primer .45 cases. Ask me how I know. It really sucks to get small primer cartridge in your autofeeder)

Back
Top Bottom