• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester recalls 9mm FMJ & JHP ammunition

I fired 400 rounds of the 200 round bulk packs with the lot numbers. (I save the boxes)
I have no other 9mm of them. I do have white box .45 bulk packs.
I vaguely remember a "dub". But nothing with ignition /failure

I have four of the 100 round boxes of these but the lot numbers are NOT printed or embossed where they should be according to the recall site. I've already shot a box of 100 without any incident.

1624388801786.png

Attachments

• IMG_2030.jpg
    IMG_2030.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 20
Just checked my red boxes, lot number is not printed inside like on their website, will have to and test fire each round i guess.

Just checked my red boxes, lot number is not printed inside like on their website, will have to and test fire each round i guess.
Same here with the white 100 packs. No lot numbers. I ordered five boxes from Bass Pro a few weeks back and have shot an entire box without any issue.

When I bought my VP9 I bought a box of the "Nato" White Box, it looked like someone set off a glitter bomb after shooting it.
I’ve not had any trouble with the nato white box....yet. It is hard to complain about sub 0.15/rnd ammo in the current climate. I do yearn for the days when we can bitch about it again!! I can’t believe what people are paying for bottom of the barrel plinking ammo these days😞

Weird. All my boxes have lot numbers
The factories don't freak out when the ink runs low
on the printer for a measly few hours of production time.

You should see all the light strikes in boxes whose lot numbers
are embossed by raised type printers that don't use ink.

To read a few boxes, I've had to shine a bright light
along the surface of the cardboard to cast a shadow in the faint impressions,
and use the highest power on a magnifier visor.

If the law required ammo packages to have lot numbers,
many plants would eventually get jacked up with violations.

Winchester White Box has always been dog crap.

I've been accused of being "that" gunstore guy but sorry, it's trash. Dirty as hell, when it's even loaded properly, and that's rare. I get more consistent bangs and velocity out of former combloc steel case junk. And somehow that stuff is more clean, too.

With that said, apparently Remington is running into split case necks now that it's back in production.... it's gonna be a long summer.

The factories don't freak out when the ink runs low
on the printer for a measly few hours of production time.

You should see all the light strikes in boxes whose lot numbers
are embossed by raised type printers that don't use ink.

To read a few boxes, I've had to shine a bright light
along the surface of the cardboard to cast a shadow in the faint impressions,
and use the highest power on a magnifier visor.

If the law required ammo packages to have lot numbers,
many plants would eventually get jacked up with violations.

Any time I ever had the need or desire to look for lot numbers on a box, I can never find it. I just assumed the factories don't give a rat f*** and keep on chugging when the printers crap out.

I never had any issues with Winchester White 9, I’ve probably shot thousands of them over the years. Ofcourse I only shoot Glock so maybe that’s it 🔥

View attachment 495008
That isn’t something that I picked up off the ground. That is a freshly opened box....
I’m not surprised, obviously I’ve heard a ton of stuff about QC issues with the White Box, I was tongue in cheek with my comment but really I have been lucky with it, very few issues to report from my experience

Any time I ever had the need or desire to look for lot numbers on a box, I can never find it. I just assumed the factories don't give a rat f*** and keep on chugging when the printers crap out.
Unfortunately, I have to Try Harder. [angry]

Lot "number" is a (so far successfully constrained to be non-NULL) field
in the SQL inventory/session database on my cell phone.[shocked]

I’m not surprised, obviously I’ve heard a ton of stuff about QC issues with the White Box, I was tongue in cheek with my comment but really I have been lucky with it, very few issues to report from my experience
I’ve never had any issues with anything that actually went into a magazine.

Back
Top Bottom