Winchester, NH teen shot in head

Police: Winchester, NH teen shot in head

By Associated Press

July 20, 2008 8:54 AM

WINCHESTER, N.H. - Police in Winchester, New Hampshire, say a 17-year-old teenager has been shot in the head at a party and one man has been arrested.

State police responded to a home around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

As they approached the house, police stopped a car traveling in the opposite direction. Officials say they found Daniel Goodchild of Keene inside the car suffering from a gunshot wound to the head.

Goodchild was listed in critical condition early Sunday at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.

The driver of the car, 51-year-old Randy Whitten Jr., was arrested and charged with felony reckless conduct.

Whitten is scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning.

Last edited:
At first I thought kids screwing around after a night of partying. But the 51 year old throws a new wrinkle into the theory. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

At first I thought kids screwing around after a night of partying. But the 51 year old throws a new wrinkle into the theory. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Yea, appears to be an adult screwing around during/after a night of partying. If he was taking the victim to the hospital than I think that says enough about whether or not it was intentional.

Man Winchester is literally 2 miles up the road (5 minutes from me).

I dont want to read too much into this given that there is such limited information but it very well may be something like the 51 year old showing off his guns at the party or something like that.

Either way whatever the circumstances are, I hope the boy will be alright and that it all was in fact an accident. Not that that makes it any less of shocker to the family.

[sad2]

"Hey, all you guys wanna play with my shiny new guns?"
I seem to remember someone saying something about a "booger hook to bang switch violation (TM pending.)"
I'd say that sounds about right here. Hope he comes out okay.

It seems that it was just a stupid accident involing a night of drinking at a party. The 51 year old had possession of the handgun and fired it. Attempts to contact help failed due to the remote location so the shooter put the injured party in a jeep and appeared to be transporting him to a hospital when he was stopped.

Fortunately the victim has made progress in his recovery which will be rather long.

Back
Top Bottom