• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester model 94AE

hi i put a Winchester model 94AE on layaway at my gunshop i was wondering why it said AE on the lever gun? i never heard of a model 94AE does anyone have information about htis gun ? its a 30-30 carbine .

AE = Angle Eject.
Straight from Yahoo Answers:
"Early 94s would eject the spent shell casing straight up. Pretty hard to put a scope over the gun when the shell casing does that! However, there were a number of side mount scopes that would be offset to one side or the other, depending upon if you shot left or right handed. Pretty easy to break when they stuck off to the side and if you loaned the gun to someone who shot opposite hand, they were hosed.

"However, Winchester fixed that with later models, starting in 1984. They have "angle eject" and shoot the cartridge off the the side. Just see if your Winchester is a later model made since 1984 and if it is, you should be able to mount a scope over the center line without a problem. There are a number of scope mounts you can chose from."

I have a very nice AE Trapper saddle ring carbine.
I was with a friend when I bought it, and he liked it so much that he bought one too. We have consecutive serial numbers. What's different about these is the case hardened receiver. I had never seen one before or since so I think they're pretty rare. At first I didn't really like the look of the case hardening, but I wanted the 16" Trapper, and the gun shop didn't have any regular blued Trappers, so I bought it. Now 20 something years later, as my tastes in firearms have matured and become more refined, I really appreciate the case hardened look.

Zappa... sounds like the perfect 94 (at least to me).

Got any pics of it? I'd love to see it.

Mine is a 16" trapper with a push safety in forn of the trigger. I choose that over the long barrel cuz its lighter an dmore easier to swing around in the thick brush, i couldnt even swing a 20 inch bolt gun in the bushes without getting it snagged. I dont think i am gonna mount a scope on mine cuz i aint plan on using it past 100 yards anywaysand plus without the scope gives me a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom