• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester Model 64 30-30 value

quinnjalan

NES Member
I'm considering selling a 1955 Winchester Model 64 30-30 but have no idea what its worth. An online search resulted in anything from $100 to 5K.....(which I know its not worth). It was my father-in-laws and if he put more than a box through it I'd be surprised. I cleaned, shot 5 rounds, cleaned it again and its collecting dust in the back of my safe for over 10 years. I would say it in good shape with usual storage and blueing issues you'd expect to see on a 65 year old gun. I have attached a few overall photos but if you want to see more PM me. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_111832.jpg
    IMG_20201004_111832.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20201004_111847.jpg
    IMG_20201004_111847.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 81
Probably around $600-900. Your best bet for getting the gun's "true" value is to list it as a penny auction and let bidders have at it. With the gun being top-eject, it probably won't have much practical value to people currently looking for a hunting rifle capable of having optics mounted. Considering it was your father-in-law's gun, I'd suggest keeping it and either enjoying it yourself or giving it to someone in your family who you know will properly maintain it.

Probably around $600-900. Your best bet for getting the gun's "true" value is to list it as a penny auction and let bidders have at it. With the gun being top-eject, it probably won't have much practical value to people currently looking for a hunting rifle capable of having optics mounted. Considering it was your father-in-law's gun, I'd suggest keeping it and either enjoying it yourself or giving it to someone in your family who you know will properly maintain it.
I have several more guns in better condition that I inherited from him, this one is the runt in the litter. My better 1/2 is not a 2A fan, she tolerates my habit and I'm good with that......so no one to leave it too. Thanks for posting.

List prices are not what things sell for. To get a better idea of what they actually are selling for go to GunBroker and search completed auctions. IIRC you have to make an account and log in. In the advanced search Are you will see a tab for completed auctions.

Bob

List prices are not what things sell for. To get a better idea of what they actually are selling for go to GunBroker and search completed auctions. IIRC you have to make an account and log in. In the advanced search Are you will see a tab for completed auctions.

Bob

That's what I did. They sell for around $600, 700. A ragged one sold for $600 on 9/24 and three very nice ones sold for around $1000 recently.

Looks like it is really good condition. I think it would realistically be worth $400-600 with the condition being closer to the $600 mark. You might get a premium with everything going on. I don’t think it is worth selling tbh. If it was me I would just keep it and enjoy shooting a nice, quality rifle.

edit: I just realized you said it was made in 1955... which is before 1964 and as such gets a premium. The other poster saying 600-1000 is probably right on the money.

Back
Top Bottom