• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester experimental mag-fed Garands

headednorth

NES Member

I like this guys channel, fwiw. He covers a lot of out of the ordinary stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been following Forgotten Weapons on Youtube for years. He is probably the most knowledgeable gun guy on YouTube.

Mag Fed Garands.... Sign me up.

I have been following Forgotten Weapons on Youtube for years. He is probably the most knowledgeable gun guy on YouTube.

Mag Fed Garands.... Sign me up.

It helps to have the entire auction house team behind him.

He mentioned there were select-fire M1 Garands. Anyone here ever seen that??

I,don't think they ever made more than a few prototypes.
Like he said they where trying to design a do all rifle.
The magazine system employed even in the M14 is not all that good. Plus many from that era of design favored top loading clip fed. The idea was the lower end of the gun would be up against the ground a lot. You then have to move the rifle more times than needed to reload the mag.

Funny thing we have a few guys who actually used the M14 and they will argue the proper way to load a M14.
2 say by clip one says by mag change.
The few guys I know that went from M1 to M14 ( mostly my dad's friends) said what many have. A solution to a non problem.
JCG developed a almost perfect rifle. Robust, long service life, easy to maintain and one of the easiest inexpensive loading options IMHO.

We can only imagine what designs where thought up only to end up in the scrap pile.
Think of all the JMB designs we will probably never know or see. I remember reading once Winchester would buy a lot of brownings designs just to keep them from going to market..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom