Winchester Ammo plants (3) in Mississippi all shut down. Power outage...?

Interesting.

Regarding emergency generators:

Good Lord, that is big business. They are popping up ALL over. They must cost a fortune! Plus the maintenance contracts. Any young person who knows engines and electricity is going to be able to retire in a few years if they get into that!

If other ammo plants have some sort of issues in the near term, like fires, explosions, or electrical disruption, then I'd say it's enemy action, but for now the reality is shit happens. Also, Mississippi is one of the states that is at high risk of suffering blackouts this year, so it's possible that Winchester ammo will be having production issues in the future.

SP1, One of my favorite youtube channels. He's a wealth of knowledge and always great content. I wish he and I were neighbors.
I always walk away with something new after watching his vids. Grounded and reasonable...

Transformer? Doubt it.
Sub-station? More likely.

Storms out that way for the past 2 weeks, some system out of texas. Tornado probably flung a cow into battery park outside the factory
What do they have in substations?? Switches, big ass high voltage breakers, and massive transformers!! Old substations used to have spare, hard to get transformers sitting around, could be put into use in a day or two in a pinch. Now the spares are too expensive, many are strange voltages that aren’t standard....none of this shit is ‘off the shelf.’

I've been hearing on youTube (so you know it's true...) that the U.S. is running low on Transformers and other repair components for the National Electrical Grid.

I've been hearing on youTube (so you know it's true...) that the U.S. is running low on Transformers and other repair components for the National Electrical Grid.
I read before that many of the larger ones can't just be bought, they have to be built. IOW, you can't just order an xyz5000 because there's no one making them. People have to come out, look at the existing one and then build the replacement

I read before that many of the larger ones can't just be bought, they have to be built. IOW, you can't just order an xyz5000 because there's no one making them. People have to come out, look at the existing one and then build the replacement
The whole country is backed up on manufacturing any real equipment. I'm in the process of ordering new material handling equipment for my company... powered industrial pallet Jacks and narrow aisle reach trucks. Signed a lease agreement with the company back in February and was told 12 month lead time and I was shocked it was that long......our current equipment is pretty used up.....got a call Monday from my rep that the delivery date has been pushed back to July......of 2024!!!!! I'm not happy and he knows it! For those that don't know what I'm talking about.....industrial pallet Jacks are like the base model Ford f150 of warehouse equipment! Telling me 2 more years before I can get mine. Wtf?!?!?

Refrigerated trailers.......18 month lead time. I bough a few back in 2018 and the lead time was 4 months back then. Our current inventory of refrigerated trailers is pretty worn out......will have to make due with down time and repair bills till our new ones deliver. It's like this everywhere.

This country is f***ed.

Last edited:
Donks are praying it'll be so expensive
that the mob won't be able to light their pyres.
betty-wilma.gif

My son works for a company that manufactures transformers. They're turning them out as fast as they can, but they've had a lot of labor issues. People out sick with Covid and people who don't want entry level jobs.

My son works for a company that manufactures transformers. They're turning them out as fast as they can, but they've had a lot of labor issues. People out sick with Covid and people who don't want entry level jobs.
How long do you have to work on Secondaries
before they move you up to Primaries?

The whole country is backed up on manufacturing any real equipment. I'm in the process of ordering new material handling equipment for my company... powered industrial pallet Jacks and narrow aisle reach trucks. Signed a lease agreement with the company back in February and was told 12 month lead time and I was shocked it was that long......our current equipment is pretty used up.....got a call Monday from my rep that the delivery date has been pushed back to July......of 2024!!!!! I'm not happy and he knows it! For those that don't know what I'm talking about.....industrial pallet Jacks are like the base model Ford f150 of warehouse equipment! Telling me 2 more years before I can get mine. Wtf?!?!?

Refrigerated trailers.......18 month lead time. I bough a few back in 2018 and the lead time was 4 months back then. Our current inventory of refrigerated trailers is pretty worn out......will have to make due with down time and repair bills till our new ones deliver. It's like this everywhere.

This country is f***ed.
We're waiting 12-16 weeks for commercial mailboxes. An elevator at one of our properties has been down for over a month now. Waiting on parts...

We're waiting 12-16 weeks for commercial mailboxes. An elevator at one of our properties has been down for over a month now. Waiting on parts...
I contacted both company reps a year before our leases expire on the current equipment figuring I'd be ahead of the power curve on getting new stuff. I almost shit when they told me the lead times were that far out.

Or companies that want to pay what was previously the market salary for that job do not want to pay the current market rate for labor.

Back
Top Bottom