• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchester 1300

Has anyone had any experience with the Winchester 1300? Looks nice, just wondering if anyone else has tried one.

I can sight along it pretty well which is a plus. I tried a Saiga and I think it was a little too short to get a good sight picture.

Just wondering what y'all think!

I have the 1200 which I believe is very similar to the 1300. I have fun shooting it when I can and am positioned correctly so it does not hurt the shoulder (since I am sitting it a chair). I tried a little trap with it but could not hit anything.

The guy I went over to the club with who has years of shooting under his belt stated he could shoot that shotgun all day long and really like the feel of it, along with it shooting great.

I have the 1200 which I believe is very similar to the 1300. I have fun shooting it when I can and am positioned correctly so it does not hurt the shoulder (since I am sitting it a chair). I tried a little trap with it but could not hit anything.

The guy I went over to the club with who has years of shooting under his belt stated he could shoot that shotgun all day long and really like the feel of it, along with it shooting great.

Thanks exojam! A lot of guys say they like both the 1200 and 1300. It's in great shape and cycles nicely. A big bonus is being able to get a sight radius on it, something I found lacking in the Saiga I tried. It also has a nice "scary black" matte finish, sure to drive the moonbats crazy! *laugh*

My scoped slug gun for deer is a 1200 or 1300 I don't even remember. Its a good shotgun and I got to where I am confident with it using the Simmons scope hitting kill zone out to 100 yards with rifled slugs.

Thanks exojam! A lot of guys say they like both the 1200 and 1300. It's in great shape and cycles nicely. A big bonus is being able to get a sight radius on it, something I found lacking in the Saiga I tried. It also has a nice "scary black" matte finish, sure to drive the moonbats crazy! *laugh*

Sight radius mean little unless you are shooting slugs more so a rifled barrel with sabots. Other than that the two bead system on shotguns is a poor mans fitting guide. Check out the trap shooting fundementals here
http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/downloads/brochure-downloads.aspx?sc_lang=en
That said I got the 1300 its a great gun. It was once called the fastest autoloading pump action. I'm not sure if this is still true on the newer models.
But the older speed pump models the bolt would unlock under recoil assisting in cycling the action. I have used mine for trap birds and slugs(smooth bore barrel) I like it but my love goes to my 870.

Sight radius mean little unless you are shooting slugs more so a rifled barrel with sabots. Other than that the two bead system on shotguns is a poor mans fitting guide. Check out the trap shooting fundementals here http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/downloads/brochure-downloads.aspx?sc_lang=en That said I got the 1300 its a great gun. It was once called the fastest autoloading pump action. I'm not sure if this is still true on the newer models. But the older speed pump models the bolt would unlock under recoil assisting in cycling the action. I have used mine for trap birds and slugs(smooth bore barrel) I like it but my love goes to my 870.
Thanks Mac. I was shooting 1 oz. Foster slugs through it. The action is nice and crisp. I like it!

GaryW,

What type of barrel do you have? The reason I ask is I have been told (and read) that with the full choke on my 1200 I should not shoot slugs through it.

I just pumped 4 Snap-Caps though (one through the receiver and 3 in the mag) - damn they worked great [also cycled 4 through the mag tube to make sure the elevator was working properly... and it IS!] Nice gun, even on iron sights. You can shoot without breaking the plane barely at all. It cycles very well, with minimal movement.

GaryW,

What type of barrel do you have? The reason I ask is I have been told (and read) that with the full choke on my 1200 I should not shoot slugs through it.

No choke on mine. You can get a screw on choke for the 1300 but that is not for mine. I have a 12ga rifled deer slug polymer model.

I've got a 1200 in 20 gauge. I use it for everything. Its got a 26" bird barrel, a 18.5" cylinder bore, and I just picked up a 20" rifle sighted slug barrel.

Mine is a 12 gauge. :) I was watching a video on tactical reloading (using snap-caps of course!) and I was having the best time loading over the receiver. I need to practice more loading from under the receiver, but this is an AWESOME gun. So glad I got it!

I just went to the local gun emporium and I got 25 7-1/2 bird loads, 120 .45 semi-auto and 25 .38+P rounds. Just over $100. I wanted to get a sling for the Win, but they didn't have any. I ended up at Dick's and picked up a Sling for about $17. The dork there didn't know what a Win1300 was (you could hear the gears grinding). It fits REALLY well, slings great! He asked me if I needed ammo and I refrained from saying I had almost 200 rounds in the truck!

Now I need a case for my Nagant, a 52" isn't cutting it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom