• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchendon ALP LTC?

GSG

Just wondering if anyone here knows how their policy is. I know before they wouldn't give out ALP Class A's unless you were a LEO, but I heard they just got a new chief. Has anyone had any experience getting an LTC here since they new chief is in? I have family there who're looking to go for their class A's for the first time.

I have class A ALP, although mine was a renewal from another town. In the application packet that they hand out, unless it has changed, they state that they will not issue for ALP. I would recommend they have a chat with the officer that processes the applications for his take on the matter.

[rolleyes] Things I should have considered before I bought my current house, however the end mileage is a bit more than 2 miles as I live on the Templeton border and am already at the edge of my acceptable commuting range.

Just wondering if anyone here knows how their policy is. I know before they wouldn't give out ALP Class A's unless you were a LEO, but I heard they just got a new chief. Has anyone had any experience getting an LTC here since they new chief is in? I have family there who're looking to go for their class A's for the first time.
It's my understanding that the policy remains the same, including leaving the licensing process in the hands of the same Sgt. who continues the same policies. I got my license in December, right after the new chief took over and it is neutered.

Some quick advice. Get the package from the police and use the "new" form in it. The Sgt. grumbled during the whole process because I had used the "old" form I got off ma.gov. Also, if applying for a class A then he will request 2 written letters of recommendation instead of just giving references (name and contact info of a reference person). The sad thing is during the interview he observed that he'd never received a bad reference letter, but got all grumpy again when I suggested that reference letters were then not really serving much of a purpose were they so why ask for them.

That's what I was afraid of. :( This person had their LTC A pre-1998, so we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom