• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Win NT (nontoxic) 45 ACP load info

I have 200-400 empty Winchester NT 45 ACP cases that I would like to reload. These cases have small primers vs the usual large pistol primers. Does anyone out there have experience with loading these? What about using Win SP Magnum primers? I have loaded regular 45 ACP cases with 6G of Unique and Hornady 230 gr.FMJs with excellent results. I was considering using the small magnum primers with the +/- 6g. of Unique and the 230 Gr. HBs. Thanks in advance for your help...

I have 200-400 empty Winchester NT 45 ACP cases that I would like to reload. These cases have small primers vs the usual large pistol primers. Does anyone out there have experience with loading these? What about using Win SP Magnum primers? I have loaded regular 45 ACP cases with 6G of Unique and Hornady 230 gr.FMJs with excellent results. I was considering using the small magnum primers with the +/- 6g. of Unique and the 230 Gr. HBs. Thanks in advance for your help...

Welcome to the forum!

Better be safe with reloading . . . if it's not in a book published by one of the component mfrs, I would NOT try it!

Check some of the latest reloading manuals to see what they recommend doing with these cases?

Contact Win and ask the same . . . call them if need be and ask about reloading data for those cases.

Welcome to the forum!

Better be safe with reloading . . . if it's not in a book published by one of the component mfrs, I would NOT try it!

Check some of the latest reloading manuals to see what they recommend doing with these cases?

Contact Win and ask the same . . . call them if need be and ask about reloading data for those cases.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks LenS. Good sound advice. I stopped over to the Kittery Trading Post and spoke with the salesman who is also putting on an Intro to Reloading Seminar on Jan 23. He advised to not use the small Magnum Primers. I will also contact Winchester....I also will be putting together a batch of 8MM Mauser. I have IMR 4064, Hornady 150 G bullets and will start at starting or near starting powder load as in Lymans #48 manual. Thanks again.....Ps any of you dirt bike ride? I will start my 34th season in Spring....

Thanks LenS. Good sound advice. I stopped over to the Kittery Trading Post and spoke with the salesman who is also putting on an Intro to Reloading Seminar on Jan 23. He advised to not use the small Magnum Primers. I will also contact Winchester....I also will be putting together a batch of 8MM Mauser. I have IMR 4064, Hornady 150 G bullets and will start at starting or near starting powder load as in Lymans #48 manual. Thanks again.....Ps any of you dirt bike ride? I will start my 34th season in Spring....

45ACP NT

I just throw them in the brass recycling bucket at the range. At least we get a few cents back for the scrap. [shock]

Back
Top Bottom