• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilson Combat takes a stand

Buy with confidence.

(Do we have a mega-thread for this yet?)

Wilson Combat Announces
Anti-Gun States, No-Sale Policy
Effective: February 28, 2013

Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements.

States currently included in our No-Sale Policy are:
California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.
The City of Chicago, Illinois
Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President

Buy with confidence.

Wilson Combat Announces

Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the second amendment rights of its law abiding citizens. This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements.

California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.
Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President

Now were talking!
Way to go Mr Wilson!

All of this is great but do any of these companies currently provide equipment to the .Gov in these areas now? Until a major supplier steps up and tells them to FO then it's just a warm fuzzy symbolic policy.

All of this is great but do any of these companies currently provide equipment to the .Gov in these areas now? Until a major supplier steps up and tells them to FO then it's just a warm fuzzy symbolic policy.

I think the more small to medium sized operations that do this only further forces the big boys to see what side of the line they're on, once it's been drawn. It may be symbolic, but I stand by their decisions. If anything, it keeps people talking about this.

I think the more small to medium sized operations that do this only further forces the big boys to see what side of the line they're on, once it's been drawn. It may be symbolic, but I stand by their decisions. If anything, it keeps people talking about this.

This.

[thumbsup] Way to go Wilson.

As I said in other threads, this is what will move the needle in the direction we need. Yes, we still need a major to step up, but that is on us. The civilian shooter makes their market here in the US. Without our purchases, the majors would be sucking wind financially. Hammer Glock, S&W, Ruger, Beretta, Springfield, etc. to get with the program. If we get the manufacturers on our side, we'll have LEO on our side, and that is a strong lobby...

Also, send copies of receipts for Wilson Combat guns to S&W and Glock with a note saying that you had a choice, and decided to shun S&W and Glock in favor of Wilson, over this issue.

Exactly. Until Colt, Glock, S&W, and/or Sig step up, .gov will just laugh these off.

Journey of a thousand miles and the first step and all that.

P.S. Proud owner of the twins:

2010-09-21_15-34-54DSC_0096.jpg

Last edited:
Wilson makes good guns and is well respected in the industry, but it is not a major player. When and if the majors do it, then it means something. I'm not holding my breath that will ever happen.

Buy with confidence.

Wilson Combat Announces

California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.

Ryan Wilson,
Vice President

Yeah, that's great but what about helping citizens stuck in these states? PLEASE GET SOME GUNS APPROVED IN MA AND WE WILL BUY THEM!!! This is a way to make gun owners stronger.

Good deal.
I understand they are not the volume dealer that S&W, Glock etc. are, but I commend them for this stance just the same, and when I spend money, they are on the list of places to buy from.

Also, send copies of receipts for Wilson Combat guns to S&W and Glock with a note saying that you had a choice, and decided to shun S&W and Glock in favor of Wilson, over this issue.

This. More than just words, these companies need proof of lost revenue. Anything less is just pissing in the wind...

Why do we continue to support the 'major' gun companies? How many of you are still out there buying their stuff yet complaining they should step up and pull out of these states? Just a question.

Wilson makes good guns and is well respected in the industry, but it is not a major player. When and if the majors do it, then it means something. I'm not holding my breath that will ever happen.

I find it really sad when scores of little guys step up to the plate and all that can be said is "Your not big enough to make a difference" instead welcoming the effort and sacrifices being made. It was pointed out in another thread how huge the civilian firearm market actually is and these BIG companies you refer to need to be reminded of that. Daily.

I find it really sad when scores of little guys step up to the plate and all that can be said is "Your not big enough to make a difference" instead welcoming the effort and sacrifices being made. It was pointed out in another thread how huge the civilian firearm market actually is and these BIG companies you refer to need to be reminded of that. Daily.

Riddle me this Bucko? When was the last time was I able to purchase a new Wilson firearm in Ma? They quit selling here years ago. I'm a pragmatist and you're an idealist 'nuff said.

Last edited:
Riddle me this Bucko? When was the last time was I able to purchase a new Wilson firearm in Ma? They quit selling here years ago. I'm a pragmatist and you're an idealist 'nuff said.

I knew it was always just about you. Thanks for clearing that up. My point still stands. Little guys can and do make a difference. Even in the face of ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom