• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

wilson combat problem

I just recently bought a wilson combat single stack magazine for my S&W 1911 SC and encountered a problem when I took it to the range. The first couple rounds were fine but when i reached the fourth to fifth round the gun double shot. This has never happened to me before and I have been shooting my 1911 for awhile. I took the magazine out, cleared the gun and inserted a different magazine (stock S&W) and went through the whole magazine without a problem. Loaded the Wilson combat back up, tried it again and it double shot again after the first couple of rounds. To make sure this was not an error on my part i went through about 60 rounds with the other magazines before trying the wilson combat partially loaded. When loaded with 3 rounds this did not occur. Loaded it back up to 8 and it happened again, i decided to put it down and im probably just going to toss it because something is not right. I clean my guns after every use, and use a decent amount of oil on the 1911. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Any suggestions?

I have a 1911Sc and haven't had anything like this happen to me.
I'm no expert but I'd have to say that's not a magazine problem.
Have you ever detail striped / cleaned the slide ?
Might be a firing pin issue.

I also use the Wilson Combat mags, haven't had any issues with them

It could be a few things but I doubt it's the mag.

The over travel screw on the trigger may have to be adjusted. The disconnector isn't falling down far enough for the sear to catch the hammer.

If you don't have a screw to adjust the trigger it's still in the same area. Disconnector and sear. Your sear isn't engaging the hammer notch, which is a sear spring problem.

That could be the sear, hammer hook or the disconnector.

Last edited:
I agree with the folks above that it is likely a problem with sear, hammer, and/or disconnector. I don't see how that could be a magazine problem.

It is possible that the trigger bow is binding on the Wilson mag. Does this mag drop free when released? Does thr trigger pull feel different with this mag in place? oes the trigger reset reliably with this mag? This type of problem is rare and it may be that there are other problems with the trigger. I second the recommendation of a gunsmith.

It is possible that the trigger bow is binding on the Wilson mag. Does this mag drop free when released? Does thr trigger pull feel different with this mag in place? oes the trigger reset reliably with this mag? This type of problem is rare and it may be that there are other problems with the trigger.
Hmmm, interesting idea.

Back
Top Bottom