• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilson Combat Modified Beretta M9A1 Advice

I saw that WC stared doing 92 series upgrades. Has anyone sent theirs in or know how they come out after from someone else.

Sadly their estimate turn around is 3 to 6 months

Chef it out

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp

I have a M9A1 and was going to get

1. Action tune
  2. Short reach trigger
  3. Fiber front sight
  4. New black rear sight
  5. Oversized/extended mag release
  6. Low profile safety

Any thoughts?

Wilson-Combat-and-Beretta.jpg

A friend of mine put on a slide with a spring loaded safety. When you pressed it down to decock it, the lever would spring back to hot. Thing was pretty sweet.

A friend of mine put on a slide with a spring loaded safety. When you pressed it down to decock it, the lever would spring back to hot. Thing was pretty sweet.

that is awesome. i always wish my 92fs just had a decocker like a sig as opposed to a decocker/safety.

For what that (probably, it's a wilson thing) costs you can probably get out a tricked out CZ custom gun and get a better shooting gun to boot.

-Mike

those are from the 92G series of guns. The 'G' series has a decocker only, instead of a safety/decocker. Beretta made them for US police contracts back in the 90s and early 2000s, but stopped.

Short reach trigger
Oversized/extended mag release
Low profile safety

If used for USPSA production (Teddy?) you may not change external parts, (trigger, mag release, safety) unless they are OEM parts offered on a USPSA production approved gun.

Milling the slide for sights, and changing the sights is ok. If the short reach trigger uses the same trigger, that is ok.

For what that (probably, it's a wilson thing) costs you can probably get out a tricked out CZ custom gun and get a better shooting gun to boot.

-Mike

I know somebody selling a sweet CZ....

I have recently purchased some of their parts for the gun. To start off, I really like their rear sight. The WC rear sight looks aggressive and has some nice serrations on it for contrast and a deep U notch, although its a bit wide making it less accurate but fast. I bought the .270 (I think is what comes standard with the M9). The dove tail is pretty over sized so I had a lot of filling to do but once installed it was dead on at 25m. I even tried it at about 200y? and was excited to hear a constant "plink" at a steal plate (the serrations/contrast help)! but again the wide notch is a bit difficult but this has been my favorite 92 sight thus far. My second favorite has been the low profile safety. Its kind of like the one on a PPK though kind of tough to engage and disengage but its worth practicing with. For the first time I can rack the slide normally without accidentally placing the gun on safe or having it dig into my palm. The Mag release has also been nicer though is still hard to push and feels strange, I cant really explain but its an improvement. Lastly the short reach trigger. Its basically a standard steel trigger with about an 1/8" shaved off the face, though its definitely noticeable. It feels like your pulling extremely far back on the trigger. I have small hands but I'm still getting used to it. The only thing I don't like about it is the finish. It has a some grip to it and really tears up your trigger finger, especially, from double action. Polishing it or dipping your finger in some oil might help. Overall the parts are really nice. I'd say just buy the parts and install them your self, polish the sear and get a wolf trigger spring and D hammer spring. It'll be cheaper. If your .mil, WC has discounts, if not go through some you know.

I have recently purchased some of their parts for the gun. To start off, I really like their rear sight. The WC rear sight looks aggressive and has some nice serrations on it for contrast and a deep U notch, although its a bit wide making it less accurate but fast. I bought the .270 (I think is what comes standard with the M9). The dove tail is pretty over sized so I had a lot of filling to do but once installed it was dead on at 25m. I even tried it at about 200y? and was excited to hear a constant "plink" at a steal plate (the serrations/contrast help)! but again the wide notch is a bit difficult but this has been my favorite 92 sight thus far. My second favorite has been the low profile safety. Its kind of like the one on a PPK though kind of tough to engage and disengage but its worth practicing with. For the first time I can rack the slide normally without accidentally placing the gun on safe or having it dig into my palm. The Mag release has also been nicer though is still hard to push and feels strange, I cant really explain but its an improvement. Lastly the short reach trigger. Its basically a standard steel trigger with about an 1/8" shaved off the face, though its definitely noticeable. It feels like your pulling extremely far back on the trigger. I have small hands but I'm still getting used to it. The only thing I don't like about it is the finish. It has a some grip to it and really tears up your trigger finger, especially, from double action. Polishing it or dipping your finger in some oil might help. Overall the parts are really nice. I'd say just buy the parts and install them your self, polish the sear and get a wolf trigger spring and D hammer spring. It'll be cheaper. If your .mil, WC has discounts, if not go through some you know.

Curious when you ordered? I've had the safety selector on back order for almost 3 months (and they haven't shipped the other parts I ordered as well). Been anxiously waiting for it.

I ordered the wc safety and a D spring from Brownells last Thursday. Should ship tomorrow. When funds are more anundant I want to send out the slide for front sight machining for green fiber.

I've never tried USPSA but the short reach trigger is what I believe to be just a modified (made thinner) original steel trigger, so it might qualify but I'm unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do either of you shoot USPSA? With the short reach trigger is the gun still "legal" ?

I've never tried USPSA but the short reach trigger is what I believe to be just a modified (made thinner) original steel trigger, so it might qualify but I'm unsure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about that. See if that specific trigger work on that specific gun has been covered over on Brian Enos. My guess is it would not pass a thorough inspection at a major match

I saw that WC stared doing 92 series upgrades. Has anyone sent theirs in or know how they come out after from someone else.

Chef it out

1. Action tune
  2. Short reach trigger
  3. Fiber front sight
  4. New black rear sight
  6. Low profile safety

Any thoughts?

Very Cool!

Chef it out

1. Action tune
  2. Short reach trigger
  3. Fiber front sight
  4. New black rear sight
  6. Low profile safety

Any thoughts?

That's pretty sweet looking.

I've got a 92FS - I do like shooting that gun. Just seems to fit nicely in my hand. Looking at those pics makes me think of getting another one. I'd like one with a rail. Anybody know if the 92 A1 is MA legal - and if anybody is selling them? I don't recall ever seeing one in any of the shops I've been to.

Where did you get the M9?

Anybody know if the 92 A1 is MA legal - and if anybody is selling them?

No. There are only a handful of Berettas on the roster, and they're all ancient. But you shouldn't EVER let that stop you. Period. I've seen plenty of M9A1s, etc, floating around.

-Mike

No. There are only a handful of Berettas on the roster, and they're all ancient. But you shouldn't EVER let that stop you. Period. I've seen plenty of M9A1s, etc, floating around.

-Mike
disagree. I've seen the 92A1 for sale at quite a few places and I bought one through a MA FFL.

disagree. I've seen the 92A1 for sale at quite a few places and I bought one through a MA FFL.

I didn't say it wasn't available, I said it wasn't on the roster. There's a difference. The fact that someone (or several) dealers are rugsweeping them is irrelevant to whether or not it's actually compliant. [laugh]

-Mike

-Mike

The classifieds are your friend. At least that's what all my Gen3 Glocks keep telling me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to start paying a little more attention at the dealers and looking around at a few other's than the ones I typically go to.

That's pretty sweet looking.

I've got a 92FS - I do like shooting that gun. Just seems to fit nicely in my hand. Looking at those pics makes me think of getting another one.

I recently picked up a 92FS and it also fits my hand well. And I think I shoot it better than my glocks [shocked]. The slide mounted safety/decocker still sucks, though. Overhand racking the slide is awkward at best.

I recently picked up a 92FS and it also fits my hand well. And I think I shoot it better than my glocks [shocked]. The slide mounted safety/decocker still sucks, though. Overhand racking the slide is awkward at best.

I've always shot my M9 much better than Glocks, or just about anything else. I've never really had a problem with the slide mounted safety. Half the time, I'm using it to aid my grip when using the overhand method. To each his own, I guess.

Aloha

Alleghany gun works out pf PA will do a frame mounted safety conversion. Check out their FB page for example work.

I've always shot my M9 much better than Glocks, or just about anything else. I've never really had a problem with the slide mounted safety. Half the time, I'm using it to aid my grip when using the overhand method. To each his own, I guess.

Aloha

I think that's why I like the thing - I do feel like I shoot it better than my Glocks - and the safety setup doesn't really bother me.

Back
Top Bottom