Wilmington MA

This is one of the major reasons why I stopped going to every show,dealers snapping up the deals before the public is let in.

You are kidding aren't you????? Do you own a 9x18 firearm? I have offered to look around for items for other folks as well. I thought that is what this forum was about. Helping fellow members out. I also do not think that I will be buying the entire lot of 9x18 ammo.

Just so you don't think I am showing any preference to any particular member, the offer is off the table. Next time a fellow NES member needs something and asks me to look around for it AFTER I am finished setting up, a 2 hour minimum task, I will let them know its because dealers and folks who work for dealers are unfair and snap up all the good deals before the doors open.
Sorry 45 Collector.

Thanks alot Greg!!! [frown] j/k [laugh] No biggy. I'm sure I'll find some.

Fred I'll definitely stop over and say hi. I'll be with flotter390. I'll bring a handful of those Finnish oilers, maybe you can sell a few! [grin]

I'll be there Saturday. Looking for Makarov ammo specifically.

How much are you looking for ? I am working so I can buy it for you before the doors open!

I will be working at the Stoney Acre Sports tables so please stop by and say hello.

This is one of the major reasons why I stopped going to every show,dealers snapping up the deals before the public is let in.

You are kidding aren't you????? Do you own a 9x18 firearm? I have offered to look around for items for other folks as well. I thought that is what this forum was about. Helping fellow members out. I also do not think that I will be buying the entire lot of 9x18 ammo.

Just so you don't think I am showing any preference to any particular member, the offer is off the table. Next time a fellow NES member needs something and asks me to look around for it AFTER I am finished setting up, a 2 hour minimum task, I will let them know its because dealers and folks who work for dealers are unfair and snap up all the good deals before the doors open.
Sorry 45 Collector.

Apparently, this is one of the major reasons that God invented the PM. [laugh]

This is what soured me on dealers buying crap before the show opens..yes,I'm a crybaby and new laws should be enacted to keep me from crying..[smile]

A few years ago I was at the Springfield show and was in my short lived HK fetish..I wanted a USP 9..so I went to a dealer that everyone here is familiar with..he had 2 of them,and a couple of .45 USP's as well..had being the operative word here..

Before the show opened another dealer which is at every show,bought every single USP the guy had at advertised price..$650..So I walked over to the other dealers extravaganza and he has all the USP's..at $900 each.

Now,everyone here may support this practice,but I think it's shitty.

This is what soured me on dealers buying crap before the show opens..yes,I'm a crybaby and new laws should be enacted to keep me from crying..[smile]

A few years ago I was at the Springfield show and was in my short lived HK fetish..I wanted a USP 9..so I went to a dealer that everyone here is familiar with..he had 2 of them,and a couple of .45 USP's as well..had being the operative word here..

Before the show opened another dealer which is at every show,bought every single USP the guy had at advertised price..$650..So I walked over to the other dealers extravaganza and he has all the USP's..at $900 each.

You raise a valid point, for sure. But in the end, it is the consumer who agrees to pay the recently jacked up price of $900 who is to blame. I feel the same way about concert tickets. I remember the day when $6 got me into the Cape Cod Coliseum to see Billy Squier or Loverboy headlining a show, with Huey Lewis and the News as an opening act. Now it's $50-$85 just to see Huey doing a "has-been, need some more money" tour. Because the customer is willing to pay for it, I no longer see more than one concert a year, normally it's just one every 2-3 years.

Until everyone says "screw you" to this type of dealer[slap] and waits until he comes back down to $650, we're just going to have to live with it. Or, in this case, without it.[sad2]

While having a "no dealer-to-dealer sale may be resold at the same event" rule would be an interesting concept, 50BMG's offer to help out 45collector could actually keep another unscrupulous dealer from doing the same thing to him, that happened to you.

Does the show start at 9AM or 10AM? Shriners site says 10AM but Northeastgunshows site has last years flyer which says 9AM.

The card says they'll be issuing Utah CCW's at the show. Can anybody who goes tell me some details about that. How much, how long and anything important to bring/know?

Edit to add:

Just found the price but if anybody could pass on the other info, that would be cool. Per this web site:
https://perfecttrigger.com/Classes_and_Prices.html
The cost for this class is $149 per person.

Last edited:
I am thinking about heading there tomorrow morning, so if anyone has observations on 5.56 or 7.62 NATO ammo prices and availability at the show it would be appreciated.

I am thinking about heading there tomorrow morning, so if anyone has observations on 5.56 or 7.62 NATO ammo prices and availability at the show it would be appreciated.

Just got back. I got there early, MFP & myself were able to score 4K of the only Winchester SP primers at the show. There was sleves of Wolf 125$.
The only 7.62 NATO I saw that I would be interested in was South African battle packs 140RD 79$ ouch & Portuguese 200RD Battle packs 100$.
There was also Privi & Serbian stuff.
Basically there was plenty of both .308 & 5.56. No good deals but thats to be expected.

I went today. Bought my 1lb of jerky and cheese as well as a shotgun. I'm less than impressed by the number of dealers breaking the law charging an extra 3% for credit card purchases. Welcome to Massachusetts, that's against the law here.

I will go to the show tomorrow. don't have a car today :(. Just go there to take a look around and make record a short video of the show. :D

I don't think that most people would appreciate being part of a video at a gun show. Better ask first, they may not allow photography inside.

How much did the primers cost you?

A very unfortunate 35$ for 1K, & they weren't the Federals I wanted but what can you do? They'll still (hopefully) go bang in my semi autos.
We literally walked in, went right to the ammo table, the vendor had 4k Winchesters & we snapped em up.

A very unfortunate 35$ for 1K,

Not a bad price. Was it from the Man and lady that sell alot of paper targets?
Did you see any Win231 powder or sale?

Trying to decide on making the trip to the show, or not.

Last edited:
$10 admission now. [shocked]

No empty tables, so the show was full of vendors.

Prices . . . feh!

Primers were $35-45/K at various tables. [I bought 1K small and 400 large pistol primers for $29.99/K at Collectors on the way to the show. He also had rifle and shotgun primers, but I bought the last of the large pistol.]

Both Four Seasons and Collectors had lots of ammo, and for better prices than I saw at the show. Neither shop was crowded between ~0930 and 1030 today.

We only spent 2 hours at the show and a lot of that time was spent talking with two friends (Flotter390 and John P-not an NES'r although Derek and I have tried for 5 years). It was nice seeing .50BMG and John from Liotec as always and meeting 45collector.

I have to say that the show was good, but gun show pricing is gun show pricing . . . mostly higher than your favorite gun shop.

Last edited:
Just got back. I got there early, MFP & myself were able to score 4K of the only Winchester SP primers at the show. There was sleves of Wolf 125$.
The only 7.62 NATO I saw that I would be interested in was South African battle packs 140RD 79$ ouch & Portuguese 200RD Battle packs 100$.
There was also Privi & Serbian stuff.
Basically there was plenty of both .308 & 5.56. No good deals but thats to be expected.

Eh the usual suspects.

5pm tonight

I saw a 900 rd case of LC XM193 on stripper clips - $318 with tax - no ammo can but still I thought it was a good price.

No not too bad price

Thanks for the sitrep guys

Well we had a full day. We helped our club work the club table as we were offering a discount for show attendees on initiation fee(100$ off!). My wife and I both stopped at the custom ear plugs guy and got a set of plugs each. The highlight of the show was the Jr. Rifle program's table, with the really cool virtual setup. Wish I had one for off hand practice!

Otherwise, everyone is right. prices weren't exciting. The only GOOD thing I saw, was boxes of 5k wolf for 125$. Those are actually cheaper then any of the online outfits I know of.

Also, chatting with Flotter390 was very pleasant. Good luck with your new venture!

--L

BTW: The guy with DeSantis holsters had a real nice selection.

HOWEVER, the Speed Scabbards that he was selling for $65 are the same as the ones at Four Seasons for $50! True that he had a larger selection than FS, but that's a considerable price delta.

Where does it say life is fair?
p.s. the dealer I work for had some 9x18 so I sold it to 45 Collector for >>>> ask him yourself it was the best deal of the show. It just goes to show you that if you ask around most folks here will help you find what you want for a good price. I also wonder if you were able to get to the show early, and were offered a deal would you say no, it 's shitty and I don't believe in that practice? I think we all know the answer to that question. You would snap it up in a heart beat and post how you got a great deal.

On a positive note, it was great seeing all my NES friends today. Sorry I could not talk it was very busy.

Last edited:
$10 admission now. [shocked]

No empty tables, so the show was full of vendors.

Prices . . . feh!

Primers were $35-45/K at various tables. [I bought 1K small and 400 large pistol primers for $29.99/K at Collectors on the way to the show. He also had rifle and shotgun primers, but I bought the last of the large pistol.]

Both Four Seasons and Collectors had lots of ammo, and for better prices than I saw at the show. Neither shop was crowded between ~0930 and 1030 today.

We only spent 2 hours at the show and a lot of that time was spent talking with two friends (Flotter390 and John P-not an NES'r although Derek and I have tried for 5 years). It was nice seeing .50BMG and John from Liotec as always and meeting 45collector.

I have to say that the show was good, but gun show pricing is gun show pricing . . . mostly higher than your favorite gun shop.

It was nice to meet you too sir! I wish I had noticed John from Liotec being there, I had to send him my Liotec Freedom because it stopped working. Haven't heard back from him yet.

We stopped by Collectors afterwards and I ended up buying something pretty sweet. I guess I'll have to post it in the new aquisitions thread. [smile]

I think I'll wear my NES sticker on my shirt next time I go to a show. Apparently there were plenty of members there today I haven't met yet.

Back
Top Bottom