Wilmington MA

Nobody will know until the day before. "Wilmington" is the most unreliable gun show in the northeast. [laugh]

-Mike

I got a post card for a dollar off admission to this show yesterday so it looks like it is on.

I haven't gone to this show in years, but I got my discount postcard in the mail today so I might try to make this one.

What makes this show one of the best in the Northeast?

Lots of tables. Accessible location. Often times it catches some vendors that don't show up at Marlboro. In years past it also tended to have more ammo than the other MA shows, but I'd bet that's not as true today.

-Mike

What makes this show one of the best in the Northeast?

Lots of tables. Accessible location. Often times it catches some vendors that don't show up at Marlboro. In years past it also tended to have more ammo than the other MA shows, but I'd bet that's not as true today.

-Mike

This used to be a great show to the point of placing tables under the bleachers and out in the hallway. Not like that anymore. It has reduced in size from years past and seems to have more accessories and junk dealers than actual firearms set up. I go because I enjoy all the shows, but saying its one of the best......I don't think so. You need to go to more shows for comparison. Marlboro, MA, Manchester, NH and Springfield, MA, those are shows.

I will likely be at this show, more out of curiosity than anything else. Last gun show I went to at Shriners was in October 1998 and I found it abysmal . . . no stock AR15s to be found and had to go to AG Guns to buy the one I wanted (hadn't heard of Four Seasons then) for significantly more money than Carl was selling them for.

I just learned that GOAL will not have a table at this show, so won't be working it.

Len,
Why is this?

According to Kim, they have too many things going on and have a hard time getting volunteers to staff the shows.

Kim just did the Big E Sportsmen's show and they packed up and moved over to the DCU Center Sportsmen's Show, so she was flat-out for ~8 days.

It takes time to arrange to be at a show, beg volunteers, go setup and go rip-down, etc.

Back
Top Bottom