Wilmington MA

Wilmington

Was also there today. No suprises. Lots of "stuff". If you like pokin around yard sales without having a mission then you'll be fine. Saw Flotters car in the lot but not the man himself. Have to say I got a little pissed when the man with the $40.00 per1k primers went on about how hard they are to get and how lucky we were he was there selling them at such a great price. Insulting at best. PS I also went to Collectors afterward and paid around $30.00 for Fed 205's.
I would loe to find a Reasonable M1 carbine if one of the members would like to help keep me from being rooked ;-)

We only spent 2 hours at the show and a lot of that time was spent talking with two friends (Flotter390 and John P-not an NES'r although Derek and I have tried for 5 years).

Is John P the big guy from the Braintree club that wears a back pack? If so I've been trying to get him on here for a while too.[smile]

I went there with short cash for this show and ended up with a very early Chinese SKS with Russian hardware and blade bayonet, not a Sino but at a very good price. Getting in early with friends has its advantages. I also ended up with a case of Wolf 308 at a decent price from the other NY ammo guy. That should feed my Saiga 308 for a while.

Saw a few NESrs that got there early but I was out of there and broke by 11am.

Is John P the big guy from the Braintree club that wears a back pack? If so I've been trying to get him on here for a while too.[smile]

I went there with short cash for this show and ended up with a very early Chinese SKS with Russian hardware and blade bayonet, not a Sino but at a very good price. Getting in early with friends has its advantages. I also ended up with a case of Wolf 308 at a decent price from the other NY ammo guy. That should feed my Saiga 308 for a while.

Saw a few NESrs that got there early but I was out of there and broke by 11am.

Saw you near the hearing protection guy this afternoon as I was getting my ears done. Would have said hi, but wasn't allowed to talk/open my mouth while they were "Setting"

Saw you near the hearing protection guy this afternoon as I was getting my ears done. Would have said hi, but wasn't allowed to talk/open my mouth while they were "Setting"

I thought you looked familiar. I was meeting up with my father who was taking a breather by the stairs. Wasn't long until we had a crowd of people hanging out and sharing stories. One of the things I enjoy about gun shows.[grin]

I went today as well. Was my first gun show and have to say I wasn't very impressed. All the handguns I looked at were pretty much overpriced as was the ammo. Heard some BS from dealers about how hard everything is to come by these days and thats why their price was high. Whaa, whaa, whaa.

Bought some jerky and then went to Four Seasons, had a better time there.

I'm hoping to get lucky and stiumble across a good Ruger LCP or some other like-minded firearm. If you guys who went were to wager a guess as to the availability and possible price of these samples of engineering, what would you say?

I'm hoping to get lucky and stiumble across a good Ruger LCP or some other like-minded firearm. If you guys who went were to wager a guess as to the availability and possible price of these samples of engineering, what would you say?

In MA? [rofl] Not at a gun show.

-Mike

Just got back. I got there early, MFP & myself were able to score 4K of the only Winchester SP primers at the show. There was sleves of Wolf 125$.
The only 7.62 NATO I saw that I would be interested in was South African battle packs 140RD 79$ ouch & Portuguese 200RD Battle packs 100$.
There was also Privi & Serbian stuff.
Basically there was plenty of both .308 & 5.56. No good deals but thats to be expected.

How much did the primers cost you?

Didn't get to Collectors or Four Seasons, but I did meet up with IDPA Mike for some cleaned brass on the way to the show, which was nice, as well finding a couple of odds and ends that I was hoping to find from my "list". I did pick up a box of CCI 500's for $35, which was okay for the price, especially since it was the only box I saw in the entire place [bow] - and I walked in the door at 9:03.

All in all, it was fine. The more often you go, the more often you get "lucky" and find something.

Last edited:
My group went in around 0910 right after the doors opened. As usual, much overpriced equipment and lots of junk. Very little in the AR accessories department and the 5.56 was no bargain especially when compared to the group buy pricing recently available to green members. Interesting exchange of the day:
Me: Is this a pre-ban magazine? (Ruger 10/22 32 round pro-mag)
Vendor: Well, we sell out of those clips really fast at all of these shows.
Me: OK, but is it pre-ban? Because if it is not, it is a felony for me to possess it.
Vendor: Look, I just sell them, I don't know what pre-ban means.
At that point I walked away from the table.

CAVEAT EMPTOR when buying anything at a gun show.

Chris

Yes, that's him. He usually has a sign or a rifle with a sign, selling stuff off his back. John's a great guy, but a lost cause wrt getting him on NES.

I'm heading over there tomorrow, anyone know if the M&M reloaders are there ?

Yes he is.

I went along with my father-in-law just for kicks. I told him to look out for a magazine for a Stoeger Luger .22 (which I unfortunately just inherited). We were there for about ten minutes looking through a pile of old mags when I said to him "this is like looking for a needle in a haystack". I look up on to the peg board and there is a brand new one staring me in the face!

Needless to say, that this was the best gun show I've been to [grin]

Hey hey. I just got back from the show. I wish i brough my money with me to the show to buy an AT-4 rocket that i saw there and lot of cool stuff. X(. After all the show is pretty full out people and mostly hunting rifles, and WW2 weapons and pistols. And there was a cool table of the guy who is selling eotech , night vision goggles ,scopes and Infered scopes. And the table the guy who is selling the tactical lights. But after all, I got myself a velcro patch and a sticker. Both are the m16 below it said "come and take it" That would be :D. Other than that i wish i could win 100 bucks on the prize lol naw maybe not. It worths my visit.

Holstermakers at the Show?

Was there any custom gunleather at the show? Did any small holstermakers have tables?
How about quality Kydex?
I read LenS' post about the Desantis dealer. Were other quality production holsters (Galco, Bianchi,etc.) represented or was the rest mostly nylon?

Seems like it's the rare gunstore these days that has a really solid selection of gunleather. I was wondering if I'd have better luck at a gunshow?

I wasn't too happy this year. All I was looking for was a 10/22 DSP.
2 tables had new 10/22's who wouldn't budge on the price much. 33 and 18 dollars more than my local dealer!
Not for anything, but why am I going to pay MORE to buy from some guy I don 't know, I'd rather pay less and if theres a problem the guy to make it right is 10 minutes away.

Also the table selling targets that is usually there:
Me: how much would you take for these?
Dealer: (quotes marked price thats 5 bucks more than what I I could get for it on midwayusa)
Me: ummm no thanks.
You know if they came down like 2 bucks I would have bought them.
I know times are tough but they are tough all over. We already paid 10 bucks to get in, I'm not looking for robbery prices but no way in hell I'm paying a mark up after I just paid 10 bucks to get it. Maybe if I was rich, but I'm not!

I did grab 2 patches for my shooting jacket, the gadsen and gonzales flags, for a fair haggled price which made me happy

Sorry about that I got your message and meant to call you back it was mailed out late last week.

It was nice to meet you too sir! I wish I had noticed John from Liotec being there, I had to send him my Liotec Freedom because it stopped working. Haven't heard back from him yet.

We stopped by Collectors afterwards and I ended up buying something pretty sweet. I guess I'll have to post it in the new aquisitions thread. [smile]

I think I'll wear my NES sticker on my shirt next time I go to a show. Apparently there were plenty of members there today I haven't met yet.

Was there any custom gunleather at the show? Did any small holstermakers have tables?
How about quality Kydex?
I read LenS' post about the Desantis dealer. Were other quality production holsters (Galco, Bianchi,etc.) represented or was the rest mostly nylon?

Seems like it's the rare gunstore these days that has a really solid selection of gunleather. I was wondering if I'd have better luck at a gunshow?

I've never seen a "good selection" of holsters at a gun show. Usually 1-3 vendors, each with a single brand of cheap holsters. I don't recall any other real selection at this show. Usually see C-Tac stuff and don't recall seeing that at this show.

I agree. New to the show but amazed at seeing used guns selling at about the same prices as new at the dealers here! Ended up with some Wolf Military 9mm at $10 a box. Hope that isn't all bad. Seeing the thread on dry fire ended up paying $13 for those thingies and then the targets which I guess overpaid too. That said great to see so many guns and interesting people in one place.

Back
Top Bottom