• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington MA

no sir, i just wonder if i can trade and sale my accessories there ?
Thank you[grin]

It's kind of late, but you could check with the promoters, to see if there is table space available. You know you have to pay for these tables, and, I assume, need a vendor or business license?

Bill

After taking in a couple shows in Eastern Pennsylvania I'd say all the New England Shows are posers. I used to like the show at the racetrack in Salem, NH. I've always found something interesting at Lunenburg. Marlboro always gets scheduled for a weekend that I am out of town. I've only been to 2 shows there since it started. In general too many dealers are banking on making their table on selling one or 2 items each day. Why would I want to drive all over the area, pay retail plus 10%, plus the $8 entry fee to go to a gun show when I can just go to a local gun shop and pay retail or even less?

This used to be a great show to the point of placing tables under the bleachers and out in the hallway. Not like that anymore. It has reduced in size from years past and seems to have more accessories and junk dealers than actual firearms set up. I go because I enjoy all the shows, but saying its one of the best......I don't think so. You need to go to more shows for comparison. Marlboro, MA, Manchester, NH and Springfield, MA, those are shows.

i am waiting for my FID and LTC in the mail, do you need it to get into the show and handle product? Was going to go scope out some prices, but probably won't bother if i can't touch anything.

i am waiting for my FID and LTC in the mail, do you need it to get into the show and handle product? Was going to go scope out some prices, but probably won't bother if i can't touch anything.

no, you don't had to have it. You can touch , kiss, rub or whatever you want. :D. Even my little brother can hold it why can't you ? I will be at the show on saturday.[smile]

You don't need it to get into the show- anyone can get in. You probably will not be allowed to touch handguns, though, depending on who the vendor is. For rifles and shotguns they generally never ask.

-Mike

I'll be there and am thinking of maybe going w/out a shower starting now so people will get the F' out of my way instead of wandering aimlessly and standing in the middle of the aisles while staring wildly into nowhere like liberals looking for a clue.

There is a show at The Big E next weekend right? Is that typically a better show than Wilmington? I'm only going to hit one...which should it be?

Thanks!

What type of manuals are you looking for Mr. T?

I pity the fool who looks for manuals!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

[laugh] That would be me. Looking for a Lyman 48th or 49th. Possibly a Speer 13.
Will only be reloading in .40 cal, so anything from before 1990 won't be of any use.

If I go I'll be real early and waiting to get in right at 9AM [shocked] I have to be in Braintree for an MTEL (Mass Teacher test) by 1PM so I want to be heading back home by 10:30. Missed the last Marlboro show, but went in the fall - which was pretty crowded. But I'll be skipping all the firearms and just looking at books, dies, checking out any primers / bullets / powder, so hopefully it will work.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this show is going to be worse crowd wise than Marlboro, if you can imagine that.

No way I am going to put myself through that torture again to look at overpriced stuff.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Less people have money for toys than they did 6 months ago.
The huge buying spree of the last 18 months has nearly petered out.
The crowds at the last two Wilmington shows were far under "elbow room" expectations.
Dealer inventories are returning to pre coronation levels.
I really don't think the place will be packed to the gills as the dealers are hoping for.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
Less people have money for toys than they did 6 months ago.
The huge buying spree of the last 18 months has nearly petered out.
The crowds at the last two Wilmington shows were far under "elbow room" expectations.
Dealer inventories are returning to pre coronation levels.
I really don't think the place will be packed to the gills as the dealers are hoping for.

You are forgetting one important thing... Tax Returns!

I'll be there Saturday. Looking for Makarov ammo specifically.

How much are you looking for ? I am working so I can buy it for you before the doors open!

I will be working at the Stoney Acre Sports tables so please stop by and say hello.

I havn't bought any primers in awhile.
I'd like to pick up a sleeve of Federal SPP.
Anyone have any ideas if these will be there or not, & at what cost?

This is one of the major reasons why I stopped going to every show,dealers snapping up the deals before the public is let in.

waambulance.jpg

Do you want me to call or can you handle it?

This is one of the major reasons why I stopped going to every show,dealers snapping up the deals before the public is let in.

You are kidding aren't you????? Do you own a 9x18 firearm? I have offered to look around for items for other folks as well. I thought that is what this forum was about. Helping fellow members out. I also do not think that I will be buying the entire lot of 9x18 ammo.

Just so you don't think I am showing any preference to any particular member, the offer is off the table. Next time a fellow NES member needs something and asks me to look around for it AFTER I am finished setting up, a 2 hour minimum task, I will let them know its because dealers and folks who work for dealers are unfair and snap up all the good deals before the doors open.
Sorry 45 Collector.

I havn't bought any primers in awhile.
I'd like to pick up a sleeve of Federal SPP.
Anyone have any ideas if these will be there or not, & at what cost?

If you are interested in primers at all, you'd better get there when the doors open. There's also no guarantee that more than one or two vendors will be selling primers at a reasonable price (read as: $35 a box or less).

-Mike

If you are interested in primers at all, you'd better get there when the doors open. There's also no guarantee that more than one or two vendors will be selling primers at a reasonable price (read as: $35 a box or less).

-Mike

Finally an answer, Thanks Mike, I do plan on getting there early.
I really need Federals because all of my competition guns (especially revolvers) require the sensitivity that Federals provide.
I know the future looks bleak for them. I don't want to have to revamp all my triggers & springs.

Back
Top Bottom