Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

Did alright on a few items . Spent the day at a friends table . Visited with/ sat right next to Ben Cartwright .These shows are what they are now .

I thought the gun prices were ridiculous today, I saw the Nazi patches but didn't hear any comments. I bought several pieces of spicy jerky for $1 each, best part of the show!

I went looking for some .22 bulk pack but just couldnt bring my self to pay $50 for Blazer bulk packs. Almost bought a S&W E Series, still kicking myself for not doing it.

I went later in the day. I got a magpul grip, an SR9 magazine, and an old speaker siren ( for a steal ). I also signed up for the mvgc with the discount!

Overall not bad for my first show, but there wasn't a whole lot of interesting stuff

Any Black Powder firearms in Wilmington ?

Yes - there is one vendor from NY with blank stocks, parts and components for BP guns - flints locks, etc - cool stuff I have no clue about. There are also a couple random guys with stuff. I wouldn't call it a BP mecca but it's there.

Did anyone see the guy who makes the custom fitted molded ear plugs? If so, did you notice this years' price?

$75 with tax. Mike does a nice job

My take on the shows is this:
I go to find stuff I'm looking for - custom ear plugs was this year's mission - if I find other stuff along the way, so be it.

Overall ammo and the value of my collection has doubled in 6 months - I didn't see any guns I wanted and passed on a few things I should not have. I did score some tools and components so I don't have to go looking for them now. a random air gun purchase topped it off.

FYI - The ammo vendors are carding for MA ID - I'm not sure what's driving that but there it is.

Just back, I saw 2 vendors selling bricks of CCI Standard Velocity, one was $38/brick and one was $50/brick. I bought some at $38 because I was basically out.

I was hoping to see the MVGC table and take advantage of the promotion but they were either not there today, or I just couldn't find them - bummer.

Just back, I saw 2 vendors selling bricks of CCI Standard Velocity, one was $38/brick and one was $50/brick. I bought some at $38 because I was basically out.

I was hoping to see the MVGC table and take advantage of the promotion but they were either not there today, or I just couldn't find them - bummer.

We're right next to the 308ammo table.

Well no wonder, I got distracted by the ammo!

Ah well, I'll probably still show up on the 3rd Thursday in March either way :)

Went this morning, gun prices were high as expected, call it whatever u like price gouging or the new norm, but there were some ridiculous prices. I saw a used Ruger SR1911 for $1299, had to laugh at that one. Saw a few mosin 91/30's for $300 and up. I did see the .22lr CCI standard velocity 500 packs for $50, again ridiculous.

I went looking for some reloading supplies. I picked up a pack of Winchester small pistol primers for $34, 3 boxes of 250 Plated 230gr .45 RN for $38 apiece, and some once fired .45 brass. All in all I got what I needed for a fair price.

If anyone is looking for some 7.62x54R, there was ammo guy right when you walked in up the stairs selling cases for $199.

Was there today with one of my sons and a friend of his, looked at a lot of beat up ammo and a bunch of over priced mosins. Did pick up some .357 at a ok price from the NH guy far right inside row. other than that 16 bucks worth of jerky and a couple orders for chilli fries and we were out of there. Biggest score for me was signing up for GOAL far left side of the room. Got my goal oval and shield stickers for my jeep.

I went through the whole place twice today trying to find MVGC and still missed your table. I'm really bummed because I only live a mile from MVGC and was hoping to join.

Next time we'll have some balloons or something.

We found it...in one of the isles.

The GF was looking for a gun and the show was a good place to shop (but not necessarily buy..)

Had my first bad experience at a gunshow today. Was walking the booths and down towards the end was a booth selling nazi memorbilia. I am Jewish and have learned long ago that these tables are there, to ignore them, and move on. So I walked past. I hadn't made it two table lengths when I hear one of the guys say something to the effect of "6 million more where that came from". I have never been so speechless in my life. I spoke to the event coordinator about it. I understand their right to freedom of speech, but not hate speech like that.

WTF! I collect many WWII firearms (Japanese, British, German, Russian, American, etc) and my K98 still has all markings intact, but to have people use it as anything more than a symbol of history is disgusting. People like that should not be at the shows, particularly now that libtards are trying to find anything that they can use against the gun community.

I made it out with some stripper clips, and 1 can of 7.62x54r from the guy on the stairs, after some guy lectured me for 15 minutes on why I shouldn't shoot corrosive out of any gun that you don't plan on throwing away. I was a pubic hair away from buying a couple packs of that "dragons breath" 12ga stuff, but I'd have nowhere to shoot it. Some guy offered me a lightly used eotech 512 that was on one of his display guns for $250. I'm still sore from kicking myself on that one.

My father went and had a positive experience. He also said it wasn't crowded at all. Let's all hope that the next one will be better times for us. Panic buying seems to have slowed a bit or they ran out of jerky.

WTF! I collect many WWII firearms (Japanese, British, German, Russian, American, etc) and my K98 still has all markings intact, but to have people use it as anything more than a symbol of history is disgusting. People like that should not be at the shows, particularly now that libtards are trying to find anything that they can use against the gun community.

I'm still pretty pissed this happened. As a Nazi memorabilia collector, I am ashamed of that guy. Someone should have put him in his place, but I'm sure it isn't even possible.
[thinking] He went full retard.

Went back today and noticed some of the ammo prices were actually HIGHER than yesterday. Maybe they're selling newer inventory with a higher cost than yesterday, MAYBE, but it still blows my mind...

Went back today and noticed some of the ammo prices were actually HIGHER than yesterday. Maybe they're selling newer inventory with a higher cost than yesterday, MAYBE, but it still blows my mind...
Went yesterday afternoon and lusted at some of revolvers... Did anybody see the Colt Python for $2K? Did pick up some new load 44 mag from the NH guy. Thought everything was pricey, pricey.

Back
Top Bottom