• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington Firearm & Knife Show 2013

The line was as long as Marlboro, but it moved twice as fast. I took a day off from work to meet the NY Ammo guy as we had a prearranged deal for 7.62x54R. People saw me go in with my two wheeler and come back out with it empty. Apparently the guy broke down on the way. He called me back and said he'll be there this afternoon or Sunday at the latest. He's lost his tables, so the promoter's going to him right in the foyer at the top of the stairs.

Bought some snap-caps, SKS stripper clips, two FAL mags & some .308 Linked Ammo.

I stood in line @ a wake in Ipswich last night for two hours, then an hour in this line, my feet & back are killing me. Sucks to get old. I saw some of the same people from the wake at the gun show. The wake was for an old friend of mine who was a retired Statie. He was a great guy. I saw a bunch of people I know through work, talked to Jim Wallace for a while, be the only NES guy I saw was SKSRay. I'll be back today or tomorrow, or both. I wish all these shows were 20 minutes away [grin] .

Last edited:
A lot of guns this year, some really decent stuff but prices were what the market will bear. But no one could be bothered last year, just C&R junk. A few people with primers but limited, mostly LP for 35-40 bucks/1k, limited powder also. A pretty good showing all in all.

Anyone selling any Mosin carbines at the show? Looking for a M38 or M44.

As of last Thursday Bob's in Salisbury at least one M-44 left for $260.00 and a few Mosin's. One of the Mosin's is a Westinghouse, I forget how much, but it seemed a little pricey. I don't really know the value of the Westinghouse Mosin's.

http://originalbobsshootingrange.com/

Last edited:
Waste of time - the price-gouging ****ening was crazy. I didn't find the old part I was looking for either.

Wasn't a good Wilmington show but to me any gun show beats sitting around the house.

Best deal I saw was a case of 7.62x39 Tula for $290. I should have bought it but didn't.

I'm going to go tomorrow when all the dealers are desperate and want to unload their inventory at unsane prices before the show ends rather than pack it up and take it home. SUCKERS! [laugh]

I've tried that too, but I've seen the same exact things on tables for over 2 years, some sure are stubborn. Gouging was insane, what's insulting is boxes of ammo with price stickers that are crossed out and raised. 9mm shield one one table for 450 , another for 550. Bulletproof vest Guy is selling old panels in new carriers...buyer beware.
Usual crowd, only standouts were the two thugs from murderpan trying on and buying brass knuckles, and the one weirdo in camp pants wearing a poorly concealed bulletproof vest

Ran into a couple guys at 4 Seasons who had just left the Show and they weren't impressed - especially with the ammo prices (what's new).

Cant add too much to the debriefing, but the .223/5.56 was around market prices. If you are looking for non FMJ there are a few guys scattered around with various bullet types, but you will pay for it. cheapest rounds I saw were Wolf for $.50/round.

Also for those in there this morning, I was the one walking around with the Cabella cap and the green trim Mini14. Bringing it to the show helped since I was able to fit a bipod on the spot. Got it for a good deal. I apologize to everyone thinking it was for sale. Also mini-mags were ranging from $1/round to $3/round for pre-ban mags.

I only saw one mini-14 180 series in the racks of a vendors table.. I think it was the first row when you enter.... if you are looking for one. if you need the price pm me.

Last edited:
Had my first bad experience at a gunshow today. Was walking the booths and down towards the end was a booth selling nazi memorbilia. I am Jewish and have learned long ago that these tables are there, to ignore them, and move on. So I walked past. I hadn't made it two table lengths when I hear one of the guys say something to the effect of "6 million more where that came from". I have never been so speechless in my life. I spoke to the event coordinator about it. I understand their right to freedom of speech, but not hate speech like that.

Had my first bad experience at a gunshow today. Was walking the booths and down towards the end was a booth selling nazi memorbilia. I am Jewish and have learned long ago that these tables are there, to ignore them, and move on. So I walked past. I hadn't made it two table lengths when I hear one of the guys say something to the effect of "6 million more where that came from". I have never been so speechless in my life. I spoke to the event coordinator about it. I understand their right to freedom of speech, but not hate speech like that.

Makes us all look bad. Can you imagine some Reporter from the NY Times (or the Globe - same thing). They'd start and end the article with a pic of those guys.

That's what you get when you have all that nazi crap out. Some may may be legit historical, other is just out there to get stroked by the closet skinhead crowd ...the LAST thing we want to be identified with.
Glad this assclown decided to stay home, last time I saw him was the Marlborough show.
9uvyguqa.jpg

My last show for a while. Not only are lines long and prices high, but everyone is cranky and obnoxious. It's just not fun anymore.

I have the guns and ammo I need to keep busy for a couple years, it's time I quit buying and selling and just enjoy shooting for a while.

That's ****ed up. Sorry you had to deal with some prick like that.

Back
Top Bottom