Willie McCoy Was ‘Riddled With Bullets’ After Police Shot Him at Taco Bell

commodon

NES Member
A man who had apparently fallen asleep in his car at a Taco Bell drive-through was killed in a barrage of gunfire by six police officers earlier this month in Vallejo, Calif. They said he had a gun in his lap and that he appeared to reach for it, but his friends and relatives are calling for the officers’ body camera footage to be released.

The man, identified as Willie McCoy, 20, had injuries so severe that it was hard to tell how many times he had been shot, said Melissa C. Nold, a lawyer for his family. She saw his body in person last week and estimated that there were about 25 gunshot wounds.

It was just very, very disturbing,” she said. “He was just riddled with bullets. It was really a shock how many times he was actually struck.

While the body camera footage has not been made public, a bystander filmed the encounter and posted a video to social media. It appeared to show Mr. McCoy’s car, at some distance and out of focus. A sudden burst of gunfire could be heard, lasting for about four seconds.

David Harrison, a cousin of Mr. McCoy’s who saw his body after the shooting, said he did not trust the police department’s version of events. “Willie was shot a whole lot of times,” he said. “Our belief is that Willie was executed, like a firing squad.

In a statement last week, Peter Bibring, the director of police practices for the American Civil Liberties Union of California, said that California’s laws governing the use of deadly force are too permissive. “Police officers must use deadly force judiciously, with respect for human rights, with a belief in the sanctity of all human life and only when absolutely necessary,” he said. “While this seems like a common-sense standard, it isn’t the current practice in California.

On Wednesday, the Vallejo Police Department released the names of the six officers involved in response to a public records request from The Mercury News, a newspaper based in San Jose. The paper reported that one of those officers had shot and killed another man during a physical confrontation last year.

Those officers have been placed on administrative leave, and the police department is working with the Solano County District Attorney’s Office to conduct an investigation, including a review of the officers’ body camera footage. It is unclear when, or whether, that footage will be released publicly.

From Willie McCoy Was ‘Riddled With Bullets’ After Police Shot Him at Taco Bell, Lawyer Says

Last edited:
We’re due for some more old fashion ‘Watts Style’ riots; and the police agreed and said ‘hold me beer’.

They are holding the body cam footage - I’m sure it’s awesome - I also like the qualifier that body can & bystander video doesn’t show the whole story.

If I shot an armed intruder 10 times, in my house, with a hit list with my name at the top - I’d have a lot of explaining to do.

over a month old and today was the first I heard of this. Why was there no rioting as a result of this. I know it's a month or so old but just watched The Highwaymen yesterday and this was like the Bonnie and Clyde execution....except the guy wasn't wanted for any crimes.

Based on what I see, this is definitely police overreaction. A bunch of trigger happy cops eager to shoot hiding behind the badge. If they can't contain a sleeping guy in his car, probably drunk, they have no business being cops. They didn't even wait for the SWAT team to show up. How could they see a gun in his lap from that distance and at night? Sounds like the generic all purpose excuse they use when they shoot someone. If they broom this, I have no problem with the homies burning the place down. That was beyond overkill. No pun intended.

$20 says that the gun in his lap was a throw down based on the past history of these cops. So commiefornia is disarming its citizens while letting its agents murder indiscriminately. Can you say jack booted thugs?

Based on what I see, this is definitely police overreaction. A bunch of trigger happy cops eager to shoot hiding behind the badge. If they can't contain a sleeping guy in his car, probably drunk, they have no business being cops. They didn't even wait for the SWAT team to show up. How could they see a gun in his lap from that distance and at night? Sounds like the generic all purpose excuse they use when they shoot someone. If they broom this, I have no problem with the homies burning the place down. That was beyond overkill. No pun intended.
Overkill happens all too often. Bout 7 years ago.......Waltham.....unarmed injured dude in a boat......Ring any bells? That was a fiasco.......they knew he was injured.....you mean to tell me .2-3 dudes with night vision or infra red couldn't stock up to the boat and take care of it? Nah.......let's let 4 different agencies all competing to be the ones that ''got him" converge at the same time go full retard on a boat smack dab in the middle of suberbia. f***ing morons every damn one of them. And these "cops" are treated as hero's. I know for a fact if that had been a military operation......even in a combat theater.....there would have been a 15-6 and someones career would have been cut a bit short.

Overkill happens all too often. Bout 7 years ago.......Waltham.....unarmed injured dude in a boat......Ring any bells? That was a fiasco.......they knew he was injured.....you mean to tell me .2-3 dudes with night vision or infra red couldn't stock up to the boat and take care of it? Nah.......let's let 4 different agencies all competing to be the ones that ''got him" converge at the same time go full retard on a boat smack dab in the middle of suberbia. f***ing morons every damn one of them. And these "cops" are treated as hero's. I know for a fact if that had been a military operation......even in a combat theater.....there would have been a 15-6 and someones career would have been cut a bit short.

Don't forget the cops who took friendly fire. [rolleyes]

But but BAWHSTIN STRAWNG! Also, that was Watertown...

Hands up? Sorry I was just shot 25 times... Stop resisting!!! Sorry I’m dead I can’t move. Christ what a cluster f*** that was.

Only thing you can really tell is they mag dumped. Damn!

That’s one f***ed up shooting. So they woke the guy up and tell him to get out. Now even if he was reaching for the gun, which it’s not clear, why the hell wouldn’t you drop back. The cop next to the window emptied that mag quicker than shit. Guess we will see how it plays out in court.

“Officers receive countless hours of training to resolve emergency and dangerous situations without having to resort to taking someone’s life..."

Bullshit. I want to see how many hours. I want to see what courses. I want to see final grades. Countless my ass...

The guy wakes up, leans forward and is lit up. They could have done things different, with no one dying. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom