• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will using Pierce magazine extensions turn any legal magazine illegal in MA?

Hello,

Another of those weird MA magazine capacity legality questions. Found a pre-ban Glock 23 U-shape magazine in GB, which is legal in MA, however it comes with a +2 round Pierce extension. Also a Glock 27, which for safety's sake, I will assume that most likely is post ban (no U shape) with the same +2 Pierce extension. Will the use of the Pierce +2 extension make a magazine illegal in MA? Will appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the preban G23 mag with the + extension is fine. Not so with the post ban G27 one as the extension brings the capacity up to over 10 rounds.
I wonder if its technically legal to take a non hi cap magazine made before 9/14/94 and add an extension to it, bringing capacity up over 10. It seems legit but this is MA after all. Common sense goes right out the window.

Hello,

Another of those weird MA magazine capacity legality questions. Found a pre-ban Glock 23 U-shape magazine in GB, which is legal in MA, however it comes with a +2 round Pierce extension. Also a Glock 27, which for safety's sake, I will assume that most likely is post ban (no U shape) with the same +2 Pierce extension. Will the use of the Pierce +2 extension make a magazine illegal in MA? Will appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!

The Glock 23 u-shape is good to go. Keep in mind that there are also Glock 23 pre-ban magazines with the square notch (FML-drop free) magazines that will cost more to buy. If I remember correctly, the G27 wasn't introduced into the US until 1995 (after the 1994 AWB), so the +2 would not be okay. However, you can buy G27 9 or 10-round mags for $30 or so.

Hello,

Thank you very much all for all your comments, replies and insight. Really appreciate it. As a summary from comments here and outside:

1. If pre-94, U-shape (or square, with low caliber numbers print) is OK since the actual magazine body is pre-ban.
2. For after 94's, G26's or any other 10 rounders, no way, skip it. Save yourself the trouble.
3. Good point that with the G27's since they're 9 rounders, can't use the Pierce +2, but with if you find a +1 only extension, then you could since it will be up only to 10, plus gain some extra pinky finger control. Cool one.

Thanks again, carry on!

Last edited:
Pearce makes +0, +1, and +2 extensions for the G27. I have five mags with the +1 extension floorplate. They do not all allow ten rounds in the magazine. In fact, most still have only got room for nine. The pinkie extension is worth the few dollar cost. Hell, the +2 probably would only hold ten if you tried loading it.
White Feather

Pearce makes +0, +1, and +2 extensions for the G27. I have five mags with the +1 extension floorplate. They do not all allow ten rounds in the magazine. In fact, most still have only got room for nine. The pinkie extension is worth the few dollar cost. Hell, the +2 probably would only hold ten if you tried loading it.
White Feather

Watch out. Marsha will MAKE it fit 11 rounds. She is good a shoving things in where they don't belong.

Back
Top Bottom