• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will there be a civilian version of this?

I'm guessing Tom Reilly would not approve.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/lab.defense.ap/index.html

LIVERMORE, California (AP) -- Officials at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory have added a new weapon to their armory: a high-powered machine gun that can fire more than 50 rounds per second.

The weapon, unveiled Thursday, is a six-barrel Gatling gun called the Dillon Aero M134D. An undisclosed number of the guns will be mounted on vehicles and elsewhere at the lab.

"What we want to do is equip our protective force with the capability that will leave no doubt about the outcome," said Linton Brooks, head of the National Nuclear Security Administration.

Well put.

these people shout to no end that they want these materials protected at all costs, the goverment goes ahead and puts a bad ass piece of military firepower right in their laps for an assured outcome of their defense and people STILL cry nimby..
hey they can put one of them right on my doorstep ala 1941 :p

Just read the whole story. I'm not surprised, it is the PRK after all. Give the Mexicans the PRK back.

Look what this "activist" said. More like COMMUNIST to me.

"If you don't have the firepower, that's one kind of security weakness, but if you do have the firepower, you potentially endanger nearby workers and community members because it's such a compact site," said Marylia Kelley, executive director of Tri-Valley CARES, a Livermore-based activist group.

I've got a novel idea. Move the lab, and every other Government operation out of PRK. Tell Al Queda it's a weapons free zone. Let nature take it's course. 8)

If you've never seen the M-134 fired before, I highly recommend the Westfield MG shoot in October.

You can rent one yourself if you are so inclined.
$200 for 200rds which will last you a full 3 seconds....

Mike

I've watched Trainees shooting the Vulcan Air Defense System at Ft Bliss, when I was there. It's pretty impressive also.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!!!

"If you don't have the firepower, that's one kind of security weakness, but if you do have the firepower, you potentially endanger nearby workers and community members because it's such a compact site," said Marylia Kelley, executive director of Tri-Valley CARES, a Livermore-based activist group.

But, if a terrorist group does get in there and gets ahold of stuff to just make a dirty bomb....................

But, they never think of that thing. I don't like the idea of an innocent dieing when they don't have to, but if its to prevent thousands from dieing.

MikeYarosh said:
If you've never seen the M-134 fired before, I highly recommend the Westfield MG shoot in October.

You can rent one yourself if you are so inclined.
$200 for 200rds which will last you a full 3 seconds....

Mike

I like how the whole shoot shut down for a few seconds to recover from the shock of the "BLAAAAAAAT!!!!" sound it makes...

Back
Top Bottom