peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. The US is a global empire with global power projection and an increasing internal role for the Federal government. The bureaucracy isn't going to magically go away until a century or two after fall of Federal government as we know it.

Put it this way, the modern Roman Catholic Church still uses a form of Roman episcopal bureaucracy and the Eastern Orthodox churches are still descendants of the Byzantine state church.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, Trump's going to clean out the swamp. Maybe after he fires his entire under-qualified family and business partners turned politicians. Only a well regulated militia and a guillotine will drain the swamp.

rsj

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swamp will be drained when the supervolcano in Yellowstone finally goes off and blacks out the sun. Half of California will split off into the ocean. Most of New England has a gigantic magma chamber underneath it also.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
- Rev 6:12-17

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This will not come as a shocker to anyone. McCain was up to his eyeballs in this: IG Report Reveals Steele Funneled Claims Through John McCain After FBI Dropped Him | Breitbart

Can Trump ever clean this mess up? I think many Republicans should/will have to go down as well if we want to get to the bottom of this and bring everyone responsible to justice.
No. It will never be drained.

You have a higher chance of seeing a flat tax, the elimination of an IRS and Boston issuing non restricted LTC no questions asked in 90 days or less before this swamp gets drained.

As an example ... Trump just signed a new budget, with increased spending, to keep the Fed govt running until Sept 2020. Not only he is not (because he cant or wont do it) draining the swamp, he is actually contributing to the future economic demise of this country.

I want to see what he does on his second term when he doesnt need to worry about re-election, although he still needs to worry about the future of his business.

Last edited:

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The swamp will be drained when the supervolcano in Yellowstone finally goes off and blacks out the sun. Half of California will split off into the ocean. Most of New England has a gigantic magma chamber underneath it also.

- Rev 6:12-17
Lol ... it would get worse. The govt would declare martial law, use the military, politicians will have even more power and you would see higher levels of corruption. It would be a mess.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trump proposed and they passed a budget that added another 400B to the deficit. Drained? It's getting deeper!

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It took the fascists (that's what Proggies are) a century to take over our government and key societal institutions. Obviously, Trump cannot undo all that in eight years. But with the right Congress and the right SCOTUS, he can make a great start for someone like Ted Cruz to build on. Once people see the economic benefits from shrinking government and entitlement reform, they won't want to go back to being slaves of the Swamp.

That's the best case scenario. Expect it to take at least 50 years. That's why it's so urgent to start now.

There were three big things that Trump should have done in the first two years: purge Obamunists from the administration, build the wall, and fix the election fraud problem. Thanks to the RINOs who controlled Congress in 2017-18, he couldn't get any of them done.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Because our star quarterback spent last night snorting coke off a hookers ass instead of studying the opposing teams game plane. Worst he's all we have. He's way better and a lot less worse then everybody else. But he's not draining any swamp.

rsj

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol ... it would get worse. The govt would declare martial law, use the military, politicians will have even more power and you would see higher levels of corruption. It would be a mess.
A mess would be an understatement. If the government survived through COG it wouldn't be able to resupply or reestablish itself, and after an extinction level event like that there wouldn't be much left to rule over. Most people would die all over the world (fractured grid, just in time supply chain breakdown, unable to grow crops for over a year, plummeting temperature, everyone turning on each other), but especially the USA and Northern Hemisphere.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Anyone who thinks the swamp can be drained in a few years is foolish. Without term limits it will never happen. If there is term limits in the future, the self enriching, power hungry politicians will figure out a way to continue.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It took the fascists (that's what Proggies are) a century to take over our government and key societal institutions. Obviously, Trump cannot undo all that in eight years. But with the right Congress and the right SCOTUS, he can make a great start for someone like Ted Cruz to build on. Once people see the economic benefits from shrinking government and entitlement reform, they won't want to go back to being slaves of the Swamp.

That's the best case scenario. Expect it to take at least 50 years. That's why it's so urgent to start now.

There were three big things that Trump should have done in the first two years: purge Obamunists from the administration, build the wall, and fix the election fraud problem. Thanks to the RINOs who controlled Congress in 2017-18, he couldn't get any of them done.
The fascists?

Lol ... what did the Republicans do the last time they controlled everything? ... NOTHING.

What is one of the first things Trump did ... increase military spending.

No one is trying to make the government any smaller. D or R.

chindogg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   1
It is a question I have thought long and hard about. At times I've thought Trump was full of it. In retrospect how much can oneman do against thousands in place for so long?

My opinion- DJT is doing his best. Who else could take the constant beating he has? I consider myself tough in many ways and I think I would have caved or faltered before he has. DJT is doing what he can. He is not an emporer, he is a a president. He is not perfect, neither am I or you. God Bless America and DJT.

Bottom line- America is 1000% better now than if DJT had lost.

quiller

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a word, NO. All politicians are bottom feeders. They will sell you everything and you can never return anything! I'll be 34 years in this country in a few months and I have witnessed a steady declined since emigrating from Ireland in 86. I'd go back but you can't have small arms on the Green Sod, and I'd really miss them!

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This will not come as a shocker to anyone. McCain was up to his eyeballs in this: IG Report Reveals Steele Funneled Claims Through John McCain After FBI Dropped Him | Breitbart

Can Trump ever clean this mess up? I think many Republicans should/will have to go down as well if we want to get to the bottom of this and bring everyone responsible to justice.
Not with the people Trump keeps appointing. lol

And if there are not term limits on Congress....good luck. Both parties would vote that down in a heartbeat. Only way to get that one passed is by a Constitutional Convention of the States.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ever? No. Not ever. Never ever ever.

Our elected leaders are a reflection of us as a society. Ergo, there is enough dishonesty in society to show that our leaders will always be dishonest.

The best chances are in the Nordic countries. Not that they are that much more honest than the rest of hte world, but they have a strange sense of the overall greater good than the rest of the world. Maybe it's those long hours of darkness every winter or something. I dunno. But they have more honest politicians as a reflection of their culture.

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

They are all playing for the same team .GOV there will be some that go down but the money flows deep on both sides.
If the Clintons did not go down after all the Hati scams I doubt they ever will or will any of the big players on each side

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Anyone who thinks the swamp can be drained in a few years is foolish. Without term limits it will never happen. If there is term limits in the future, the self enriching, power hungry politicians will figure out a way to continue.
We've had what amounts to term limits for the Presidency since after FDR. What did that solve? We just got a revolving door of corrupt occupants of the White House - who have been beholden to whatever powers are running things.

It's going to take more than term limits. Starting in the late 19th century - the "progressives" have tweeked and adjusted and manipulated the form of the original Republic - all to suit the goal of aggregation of power to the top. The direct election of Senators, Income Tax, restricting the House to 435 members, abusing the interstate Commerce laws, the Federal Reserve, elimination of the militia to be replaced with the National Guard, government supplied welfare ...... the list is very long.

I'd say the biggest hurdle is going to be the amount of horsepower required to extract the average American voter's head from his ass. The average voter doesn't know phuck-all about any of the things I just mentioned above - and if you mention something like cutting taxes especially, their knee-jerkoff reaction is going to be to start screaming about how we won't have schools and we won't have roads.

Oh yeah - and McCain was a corrupt scumbag:

Take a Dump On McCain's Grave

The hits keep coming.
As I've pointed out if you haven't read the entire IG Report you are woefully ignorant of the lengths to which our own government went to unlawfully, and in fact seditiously screw with an American election -- acts that make Watergate look like a Girl Scout picnic.
Remember that Watergate was at its core a pedestrian break-in for the purpose of stealing documents, presumably with the intent of using them in the election.
The entire campaign aimed at Donald Trump, beginning as early as 2015, continuing through the election and for a long time after it was of wildly more-serious character in that (1) it involved an armed police force under control of the US Government (the FBI) instead of a handful of private citizens performing a B&E, (2) it involved knowing perjury and abuse of judicial powers via that route to spy on and infiltrate an opposition campaign, (3) it involved members of the candidate's own party, (4) the number of people who either actively knew or willfully ignored what was going on reaches into the hundreds if not thousands and (5) having failed to prevent the election from going the "wrong" way it then continued into an unlawful and seditious series of actions to remove by force a sitting President of the Untied States, a series of actions that continues today.
We've now learned that after Steele was fired by the FBI as a source due to unreliability John McCain apparently funneled that Steele data to Mr. Comey. This was not, as previously reported, a singular event: The IG report documents that McCain passed five additional reports that the FBI had not previously seen from Steele to Comey, all of which were sourced through Fusion GPS which is the firm that Hillary Clinton hired to dig up dirt on Trump. While McCain may not have known that Steele had been fired Comey certainly did.
Folks, partisan and political animus is nothing new, as I've repeatedly reported.
However, to use the gun-toting federal police force as a means to unlawfully tamper with evidence, commit perjury before a court in order to obtain surveillance warrants and for Comey to apparently circumvent the fact that the FBI had previously found Steele unreliable and had fired him by means of obtaining further information via John McCain is outrageous.
It is in fact nothing more or less than an attempted putsch.
I am no fan of Trump but we either have a Rule of Law or we no longer live in a Representative Republic and exactly nobody ought to pay any attention to any law or regulation they disagree with. If the FBI can show up and threaten to shoot people if they do not comply, then toss them in prison when the entire predicate of their actions was founded on unlawful activity then there is exactly no reason whatsoever for anyone to attempt to take refuge in the law or the courts as you will not find it there.
What we are, as a people, allowing to happen today -- instead of demanding that everyone involved in this crap be indicted and locked up right now pending trial for seditious conspiracy -- is exactly how a nation goes from one in which disputes are settled through legal process in the courts to one in which anyone who gets sufficiently pissed off just hauls off and uses their own guns to get what they want, whether they stick them up someone's nose or simply shoot first and ask questions never.
Despite the protests from people like Graham and McConnell the facts are that both of them, along with the entire Republican caucus was and is in on this in that exactly zero of them have insisted upon and backed up said insistence with legislative force that every single one of the people involved in this, up to and including Hillary, Barack Obama and the entire DOJ and FBI apparatus with any knowledge or involvement, including those members of the legislature and foreign service, be not only ejected from office but prosecuted.
Watergate resulted in imprisonments and the resignation of a President.
So far those who perpetrated the attempted putsch in this case have faced exactly zero sanction.
America no longer exists and the worst part of it is that both Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi, along with the entirety of Congress, the FBI and DOJ like it that way and celebrate your refusal, as Americans, to force them to enforce the damned law.

Top Bottom