• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will Tannerite be banned?

Tannerite, Shockwave, Blue Thunder, etc.

Popular gun range target blamed for forest fires, called potential bomb source | Fox News

Military officials told FoxNews.com it is unlikely extremists in Afghanistan use these products for IEDs.

“Our Technical Support Center has found no reports of IEDs specifically identifying "Tannerite" in Iraq or Afghanistan,” according to Gideon Rogers, spokesman for the Naval Surface Warfare Center.

However, a civilian police bomb technician contractor who was responsible for evaluating and reassembling IEDs from Afghanistan in 2007 tells FoxNews.com he came across a bottle of Tannerite in a box of IED components from the war zone.

"I was confused as to why it was in a box with IED components and how people got hold of it to use against our troops," said the contractor, who declined to be identified because of the classified nature of the project he was involved in. "I know what I saw because I took the Tannerite out of the box myself."

If the contractors project was classified, then why is he talking to the press? He should be keeping his mouth shut unless someone told hiim to say that.

I saw this in today's Telegram Court Actions:

Judge Janet J. McGuiggan
Laurie J. Iagallo, 44, of 93 South Oxford Road, Millbury, charged with possession of a chemical/biological/nuclear weapon incendiary device, continued to Sept. 25.

I wonder what she was playing with....

If they think Tannerite is scary, they never should have taught us Combat Engineers half the shit they taught us. Tannerite is a sparkler to a hand grenade compared to the crap we have been taught to make out of stuff you can find under the average kitchen sink.

they find one container of tannerite in the middle east and want to ban it?

might as well ban aliuminum and cold packs, or fertilizer even... whoops. said too much!

If they think Tannerite is scary, they never should have taught us Combat Engineers half the shit they taught us. Tannerite is a sparkler to a hand grenade compared to the crap we have been taught to make out of stuff you can find under the average kitchen sink.

my grandfather said basicly the same thing (combat engineer for 45 years). Saw a news story on tv once about someones poorly constructed home made device, and he laughed that things he was taught would be the equivilent of hiroshima compared to that fire cracker lol

my grandfather said basicly the same thing (combat engineer for 45 years). Saw a news story on tv once about someones poorly constructed home made device, and he laughed that things he was taught would be the equivilent of hiroshima compared to that fire cracker lol

Sounds about right... though I have come to realize that my abbreviated course didn't teach me half the stuff the full course does, and the full course doesn't teach half of what used to be taught! I got my hands on a combat engineer FM from the 60's and leafed through it, the stuff they used to teach was awesome, but is now illegal thanks to our "don't use land mines and booby traps because they are inhumane" mentality. Remember when soldiers were allowed to kill the enemy? Those were good days.

I saw this in today's Telegram Court Actions:

I wonder what she was playing with....

I also found this one....

Laurie J. Iagallo, 43, of 93 South Oxford Road, Millbury, charged with attempted arson of a dwelling house, threatening to commit a crime (to murder), and assault and battery on a police officer, continued to Aug. 1 on $25,000 cash bail.

My guess is one thing came from the other? That entry was from an article on Jul 13.

I really hate the word ban. Nothing is ever completely banned. It's restricted, then further restricted, then restricted yet even further. I know it seems like a language subtly but we HAVE restrictions (e.g. bans) on tannerite already: quantity, usage, shipping, etc.

Same with all the gun "bans". Plenty of people in DC, NY, and Chicago carry all sorts of gun legally in spite of an all out BAN.

I have a copy of that manual. The .gov should be scared shitless since a TON of people now have that manual and there are quite a good number of them who have the actual know how to make good use of that manual if they so desired (or were forced to by circumstance).

I blame Red Jacket.

It's not easy to start a forest fire with Tannerite.[video=youtube_share;xXyDW0hbJ9Y]http://youtu.be/xXyDW0hbJ9Y[/video]
Food production in the USA would come to a halt if they eliminated the distribution of fertilizer grade AN, the primary component of all the knock-off not-Tannerite. I doubt there will be any change to Federal law or BATFE regulations in the near future.
Tannerite.com said:
With Tannerite®, there is no chance of a fire, and no chance of accidental initiation from other sources such as friction or static.
. . .
In 2010, the USFS issued a ruling that Tannerite® can not be used when there is a “Special Order” in effect. Although Tannerite® will not initiate a fire, infringers have started adding exotic incendiary chemicals to the invention, and the Forest Service, not being able to differentiate between targets, and not being schooled in chemistry, has encompassed all exploding targets in the ban during fire orders.

Back
Top Bottom