Will MA ranges reopen on Mon?

Minute Man has already opened and will be open on Monday. I believe Maynard is open as I hear shots coming from that general direction from where I live. I'm a member there too but haven't checked their FB page recently and don't recall seeing a mailing.

Never Closed to members.

Opening public skeet and trap tomorrow

Will be social distancing and following the recommended state guidelines. No entrance to the field house...etc...few other rules.

Last edited:
The range I go to appears to be reopened based on an email I received. It used to be 24 hours a day (unless something else was going on) but now it's 0700 to 1900. Masks are required until you get to the port. Awesome. 😟

Never Closed to members.

Opening public skeet and trap tomorrow

Will be social distancing and following the recommended state guidelines. No entrance to the field house...etc...few other rules.
My club is on southern NH and we are keeping trap to members only. Should open to public pretty soon. We decided to do members only for trap all along because of the number of mass clubs that closed.....made the assumption that the mass folks would see we were open and flood the place. We did it for paying member convenience not to be dicks. We get upwards of 50 people at the trap range when things are normal and alot of them are non members. We figured the range would get hammered by mass residents looking to shoot trap and make things difficult for paying members.

My club is on southern NH and we are keeping trap to members only. Should open to public pretty soon. We decided to do members only for trap all along because of the number of mass clubs that closed.....made the assumption that the mass folks would see we were open and flood the place. We did it for paying member convenience not to be dicks. We get upwards of 50 people at the trap range when things are normal and alot of them are non members. We figured the range would get hammered by mass residents looking to shoot trap and make things difficult for paying members.

We generally have more skeet shooters than trap. If for some reason we get too many shooters I have every right to thin the herd down to members only, as we lost a few volunteers during the interim, but don't really expect a huge volume as there are a lot of clubs in my area that stayed open.

If your club is near southern NH/North Central MA.....most of the clubs in North Central stayed open, and there a boatload of them that did, so you won't get overrun. Most of these trap guys are old and set in their ways and stick to one club.

My range is always closed on the Monday of Memorial Day.

So no, this Monday it will be closed.

But before this, it's always been opened

The whole WFH thing has been great... been able to hit the range on an extended lunch break once or twice a week. Much better than dealing with the weekend crowds.
Harvard has been mostly open. They had a digital sign up sheet for a week or two. I was actually sad to see it go. I prefer to 'book' a range for an hour just myself and a friend or two.

The whole WFH thing has been great... been able to hit the range on an extended lunch break once or twice a week. Much better than dealing with the weekend crowds.
Harvard has been mostly open. They had a digital sign up sheet for a week or two. I was actually sad to see it go. I prefer to 'book' a range for an hour just myself and a friend or two.
Nothing like a middle of the day mag dump of .308 on a steel plate. That’ll get endorphins moving.

WTF???
Any idea why???

This was on facebook.........

Taunton Rifle & Pistol Club
May 20 at 3:13 PM ·
CLUB TO REOPEN MAY 26th
The club and ranges are scheduled to reopen May 26th. Please check back soon for more information about how the reopening will work and what restrictions will be in place. Thank you to all of our members for your patience and continued support.

sounded like Centralville was going gang busters today didnt hear much from Methuen R&G. was weird to hear shooting again, normally it just blends into the back ground

Back
Top Bottom