• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wild turkey hunting Safety Sticker?

Maybe your dad remembered when someone said....oh...we should come out with a gun permit...because if there was a license to own a firearm, everyone would be safer..

How'd that work out? Late night stroll in Mattapan or Roxbury anyone? Are we safer?
My Dad passed in 2003. He would not recognize America today. Hell, even I don't recognize America today from when I was 18.

My Dad passed in 2003. He would not recognize America today. Hell, even I don't recognize America today from when I was 18.
Unfortunately these old folks like your Dad and Mine who had very little restrictions....didn't see what was coming down the road by allowing shit like the MA LTC, 1934 Machine gun restrictions, and GCA of 1968 and allowed shit like this to get a foothold. Creeping 2A rights restrictions started long before we were born.

They also trusted the government alot more......and figured they were doing it for safety and not to take away rights. That was their main fxck up.

Now we can't have 10 round mags, have AWB restrictions, lists of what we can and can't buy, and all sorts of other shit and a constant barrage of GC just because they let a few things happen in the name of safety.

And yes......
Now we have to put little green stickers on our shotguns to go turkey hunting and some people STILL haven't learned from the past.

Last edited:
Just to bring this current, if you call that# for the sticker, all they are going to tell you is that you have to send in a self-addressed stamp envelope (SASE) to:

Mass Wildlife
Attn: Turkey Sticker
1 Rabbit Hill Road
Wedtboriugh, MA 01581

They are 6 stickers on a sheet.

This is all a little over the top here Mark…I mean really…don’t ya think? It’s not about having stickers with pictures on them man, it’s about reminding us to stay safe! But at the same time, it’s also about educating ourselves to be able to identify our targets, and in turkey hunting that’s a turkey that carries a beard that’s 3 inches or over…and being able to identify this is crucial before taking the shot, and almost as elementary, for a seasoned hunter, as being able to distinguish a buck from a doe should be. But you know what, even seasoned hunters make mistakes, which is exactly why ANYTHING that reminds us to stay safe when hunting ANYTHING, is not only a good idea, but is something that all responsible sportsmen and women should support!
Please print and place in your bathroom... If you don't already have one.

1709604803785.png

Attachments

• 1709604750017.png
    1709604750017.png
    847.9 KB · Views: 0
I'll be out this spring. I've always done the sticker even though it's dumb. But to add to the safety, I've become forklift certified and a notary public

The sad truth is that the sticker is cheaper than a ticket. I still have a much faded yellow one on my shotty that they used when they first came out.

I bought tags this year. First time in many years now. Still undecided but leaning toward going. Last time I went I got shot at by a dipshit. My sticker didn’t protect me.

Seriously, I ran across another turkey hunter on the top of a ridge and I told him where I was going. I got on a bird and had the bird coming in but he kept getting hung up. He would come in some and stop. He repeated this several times then I hear the a$$hole I passed a long way back trying to call him away from me. He heard me get on the the bird and snuck up about 70 yards behind me.

The bird went silent and came in. I got busted. He kept calling and the bird circled around behind me and the next thing I know I hear “blam” and there is shot ripping through the woods around me. Fortunately for me I ALWAYS set up with a big tree to my back. No exceptions…..ever.

The sad truth is that the sticker is cheaper than a ticket. I still have a much faded yellow one on my shotty that they used when they first came out.

I bought tags this year. First time in many years now. Still undecided but leaning toward going. Last time I went I got shot at by a dipshit. My sticker didn’t protect me.

Seriously, I ran across another turkey hunter on the top of a ridge and I told him where I was going. I got on a bird and had the bird coming in but he kept getting hung up. He would come in some and stop. He repeated this several times then I hear the a$$hole I passed a long way back trying to call him away from me. He heard me get on the the bird and snuck up about 70 yards behind me.

The bird went silent and came in. I got busted. He kept calling and the bird circled around behind me and the next thing I know I hear “blam” and there is shot ripping through the woods around me. Fortunately for me I ALWAYS set up with a big tree to my back. No exceptions…..ever.
I guess that guy forgot the sticker

First year I probably won't buy the license...because Im probably not hunting here. Itll be SC and maybe PA this year.

I ended up buying it for bird hunting last year, but never went on state land for pheasants, and did some half ass deer hunts in town with the shotgun. I wasted my money last year, not doing it this year.

If I feel like shooting a turkey....they walk by my deck all the time...but honestly, Id rather just buy it on sale for 99 cents a pound rather than pay MA Fags and Wanks money anymore for mismanaging the deer herd.

Did you shoot back?

I swear to God if some dip shit ever shoots at me when I'm hunting I'm shooting back. 😡

A sticker doesn't do a damn thing to make anyone safer.
Training? Yes
Education? Yes

The whole argument for stickers is that it saved turkey hunting because someone got shot - the sticker didn't and has not saved anyone's life.
It was just a compromise with an antigun, anti-hunting state and nothing more.

The human mind being what it is will completely ignore that stupid little sticker the instant something actually important pulls its attention away or when boredom with it sets in after seeing it for the third or fourth time.

The only safety gained from the application of that sticker is from the wrath and punishment of the state.
Man...every time I come back to this site the responses just keep getting more and more ludicrous! How do you know how many lives that sticker has saved, seriously, do you have the data on such a broad comment as that? I doubt that you do, which makes you either ignorant of your topic or your just plain stupid...and I know for a fact that you're not stupid! Because you at least mention training and education, which are both important elements of staying safe while turkey hunting. And to take it a step further, "Safe Turkey Hunting, Leads to Successful Turkey Hunts! Couple that with the be safe sticker, and now you've got something to talk about brother, rather than babble on about a topic you obviously know very little about!

Man...every time I come back to this site the responses just keep getting more and more ludicrous! How do you know how many lives that sticker has saved, seriously, do you have the data on such a broad comment as that?
Because Massachusetts doesn't have a drastically different Turkey hunting accident rate from other states that I can find.
Can you show a disparity between accident rate changes (they have dropped over the years across all states) between Mass and other states that supports your assertion that a sticker improves safety.
Now discuss the operational means by which a single application of a sticker improves target identification and background discrimination.

Note that i am purposely use rate since the number of hunters dramatically varies among the states.

I doubt that you do, which makes you either ignorant of your topic or your just plain stupid...and I know for a fact that you're not stupid! Because you at least mention training and education, which are both important elements of staying safe while turkey hunting. And to take it a step further, "Safe Turkey Hunting, Leads to Successful Turkey Hunts! Couple that with the be safe sticker, and now you've got something to talk about brother, rather than babble on about a topic you obviously know very little about!
Going ad hominem only shows that your argument is as weak and not self developed.
Never have I said that better training isn't a direct cause of decreased accident rates, I stated that the application of a sticker has no lasting effect if it has any effect at all.

If your assertion is that the application of a sticker has a net positive effect on safety over improved hunter education then you need to muse on your assertion and come up with a defendable argument of how the sticker avoids sensory adaptation/gating inherent in the human cognitive process.

Please - I actually do want a clear, coherent discussion on this since I suffer from the partial inability to use adaptation/gating to ignore certain stimuli therefore knowledge of how to shut down those processes might lend some insight into jump starting them when they fail.

I think more Turkey Hunters have been shot post the romper room sticker than pre actually. Such a fundamental rule to positively identify your target, even it it means passing up a shot is always the root cause. Deal with individuals who cross the line and stop dragging the rest of us down the woke, virtue signaling road that this country seems hell bent on going down.

Back
Top Bottom