• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wild shootout in Northeast DC captured on home surveillance video

It's not quite that strict, little case called Heller changed that. Now it is easier to get a DC carry permit than an unrestricted MA carry permit!

The tough part is, the only place a resident can legally buy a pistol today is from D.C. metro police. The only other FFL willing to do interstate handgun transfers just stopped operations last month, despite commanding a $125 transfer fee (he wasn't a stocking dealer).

Is this due to DC making it impossible for another FFL to open or some other reason I am not thinking of? Sees like a great opportunity for a small FFL to make a killing on transfers even at a more reasonable rate.

Watching videos like that puts such a smile on my face. Gangbangers who can't shoot their way out of a barn. Well I guess if we gave them enough ammo they would eventually shoot the roof line out.

Watching videos like that puts such a smile on my face. Gangbangers who can't shoot their way out of a barn. Well I guess if we gave them enough ammo they would eventually shoot the roof line out.
As I watched this I thought "how do these morons actually kill their enemies?" I can totally understand people 47 blocks away getting hit by raining bullets though.

As I watched this I thought "how do these morons actually kill their enemies?" I can totally understand people 47 blocks away getting hit by raining bullets though.

Somewhere on this site there's a thread discussing a shootout at a bar in, of ALL places, CHICAGO! (If you can believe that)

The bar looked like swiss cheese. The geometry of the shooting angles was seriously WTF and I think the death toll was into the negative numbers. Actually, I don't remember if anyone was seriously hurt, but the shooting skillz were pathetic.

the only place a resident can legally buy a pistol today is from D.C. metro police. The only other FFL willing to do interstate handgun transfers just stopped operations last month, despite commanding a $125 transfer fee (he wasn't a stocking dealer).
Is this due to DC making it impossible for another FFL to open or some other reason I am not thinking of? Sees like a great opportunity for a small FFL to make a killing on transfers even at a more reasonable rate.
The Mayor's attitude doesn't help, but mostly the Zoning Board strikes again.

That is interesting, I don't see how that is legal. If one can't buy a gun within the jurisdiction and is not allowed to buy one elsewhere due to retarded rules about interstate handgun buying one is functionally locked out of their rights.
The claim is as long as there even one FFL in the district, the right isn't entirely abrogated. So Charles Sykes stopped doing handgun transfers, MPD was allowed to "take over" the FFL and continue operations.

The claim is as long as there even one FFL in the district, the right isn't entirely abrogated. So Charles Sykes stopped doing handgun transfers, MPD was allowed to "take over" the FFL and continue operations.

Wow, that is something. The lengths they will force people to go to while saying "No, it's ok you can still get a gun (Kinda)."

My takeaway is the DC police can roll up to a shootout, casually step out of their vehicle with no sense of urgency, no weapon drawn ready to take a defensive/offensive position, but I could get pulled over for making a right turn at a no turn on red, and the cop walks over hand already on pistol fearing for his life [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom