• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wiki

Might be duplication of effort with some of the other law sites out there, but a club/range resource would be a good idea.

I think we should skip the gun laws part too.

However, if we had a wiki with manufacturers (or firearms, holsters, ammo, accessories, etc), clubs, acronyms, abbreviations, and other stuff, we could probably consolidate a lot of useful info in one place.

The big questions are: "Who's going to set it up?" and "Who's going to fill it?"

I'm fairly certain you can setup a Wiki that only certain people can modify pages... trusted people from here could be given access....

Wiki's get defaced all the time. That's part of wiki life. Its easy for an admin. The Vandal spends time editing, the admin undoes it with a mouse click.

As far a taking control, I am thinking about doing something like this. I know I have the Bandwidth and space, its just the time I am worried about.

Leaving the laws out does make sense.

Neutral club and Range information, with links to NES forum reviews.

Instead of not having any laws/legal section at all, allow a middle ground by providing links to the legal sections of reputable sites... GOAL, the NRA, BATF, OpenCarry.org, EOPS, etc.

As far as vandalism goes institute a preapproval by the moderators before any changes are posted policy.

Back
Top Bottom