Wife's / Girlfriend's favorite gun?

I'm shocked none of you sickos offered up this yet:

220px-Love_gun_cover.jpg

(Which is to say, I'm surprised I'm the first sicko to think of it. [smile] )

lady atilla built her own AR-15 so that's her favorite rifle we own. she also really likes my 92FS and P30.

we have a literal drawer full of .380 carry guns, too. [laugh]

I don't think she has a favorite but she has been most comfortable shooting the SP101 with 38spl in it. Now my oldest daghter on the other hand has become quite fond of my 629.

A very close female friend fell in love with my M1917 the first time I brought her out shooting. She named it 'Old Warhorse'. She fired my 22/45, Browning Hi power, AR15 and STG58 but couldn't stop talking about the ol' battle rifle.

Seeing the title, I'm surprised nobody posted:
My wife's favorite gun is ...
and my girlfriend's favorite gun is....

anyhow, moving right along - my wife likes her Sig P232, followed closely by her Sig P238.

Great points thanks! I was thinking of staying away from the quad rails for the same reasons. And also going with a nice light trigger.

maybe a keymod rail would be better...smooth so no cheese grater feel, no need for rail guards, not too thick and you can still mount stuff on it easily

Seeing the title, I'm surprised nobody posted:
My wife's favorite gun is ...
and my girlfriend's favorite gun is....

anyhow, moving right along - my wife likes her Sig P232, followed closely by her Sig P238.

I figured it would become a 'chicks with guns' thread... NES has let me down... [wink]

She hates pistols and revolvers, and absolutely will not carry. Hates long arms with pistol grips, and mildly dislikes semi auto, but doesn't care one bit about recoil. Her collection:

Savage MKII heavy target
Mosin M44
1903A3
CZ 527 kevlar varmint
NEF break action 12Ga hunter, rifled heavy barrel

All appropriate for different things, but her favorite is probably the MKII. Just a basic crappy Nikon scope on the thing, but she's endlessly entertained by 200 and 250 yd balloon popping with the thing.

You're welcome. Another thing--if you go with a non-rail handguard for her, don't try an allen screw/loctite gas block with a mini-rail on it for attaching the forward sling mount. The constant yanking will pull the block out of alignment and she will eventually get short cycling. Lesson learned here. Good luck, sounds like you've got a winner!

[thumbsup]

My wife's favorite gun is her Glock 34. I got it for her so I could get mine back. She shoots it well and enjoys shooting steel the most.

Its also her home defense gun. It secured in a way that allowes her easy access to it and 18 rounds of 9mm Federal HST. The holster has been wrapped in blaze orange duct tape so she can identify it in low light. (We have a protocol in our house. You treat every gun as if it is loaded. But if the gun is in a holster you can COUNT ON IT being loaded.)

Anybody who thinks their wife will enjoy shooting a small gun needs a lesson in firearms selection.

Anybody who thinks their wife will enjoy shooting a small gun needs a lesson in firearms selection.

this. pretty/pink/little pistols suck. my lady recently ditched her G26 and CC's a G19, and shoots a 17 or 34 for fun.

My wife had a very nice Sig P238, but she didn't enjoy shooting it. I let her try my Ruger SR1911 with a nice fiber optic front sight. She fired one magazine through and then said to me "get your own, this one's mine."
Now we have three. And sold the Sig.

I had bought my wife a Colt Mustang but thought that I liked it even more, so I kept bringing her shopping, hoping she would find something she liked even more. Then she told me "I really like my pistol." I then asked, "So if we find something you like even more, I can't have yours, you'll just have two?" She replied "Yes."

She was with me when I stopped by an LGS. She asked if she could go inside with me. Not seeing any harm, I said "Sure."

Next thing I know, I hear this familiar sweet voice say, "That's cute. Can I see that?"

I rushed over but I was already too late. We left the store $800 poorer with her new Kimber Ultra Carry II and the first thing she said is, "Now I want a red dot (Crimson Trace) just like yours."

I didn't even have a $1,000 pistol at the time.

It gets worse!

I also had a Mini 14 but the original stock was too long for her to mount comfortably, so I spent some money and bought a folding, collapsible stock (for my rifle) so she could shoot it if she had to. I then traded a pistol for an AR and seeing a duplication, mentioned that I wanted to trade or sell the Mini 14. She said "Don't you sell my rifle!" She was serious.

I had bought my wife a Colt Mustang but thought that I liked it even more, so I kept bringing her shopping, hoping she would find something she liked even more. Then she told me "I really like my pistol." I then asked, "So if we find something you like even more, I can't have yours, you'll just have two?" She replied "Yes."

She was with me when I stopped by an LGS. She asked if she could go inside with me. Not seeing any harm, I said "Sure."

Next thing I know, I hear this familiar sweet voice say, "That's cute. Can I see that?"

I rushed over but I was already too late. We left the store $800 poorer with her new Kimber Ultra Carry II and the first thing she said is, "Now I want a red dot (Crimson Trace) just like yours."

I didn't even have a $1,000 pistol at the time.

It gets worse!

I also had a Mini 14 but the original stock was too long for her to mount comfortably, so I spent some money and bought a folding, collapsible stock (for my rifle) so she could shoot it if she had to. I then traded a pistol for an AR and seeing a duplication, mentioned that I wanted to trade or sell the Mini 14. She said "Don't you sell my rifle!" She was serious.

Sounds kind of familiar. That Officer's ACP was MINE originally. (note the use of the word "was".) But that was the gun she kept grabbing when we went to the N. Leominster pin shoots. I finally found another Officer's ACP (do you KNOW how hard that gun is to find in Marxachusetts??? I had to pay nearly a thousand bucks for it!), a blued one, and bought it - for HER. Her reaction? Oh, good... now you have one to shoot. And grabbed my stainless one.

I kind of figured it out there that I wasn't ever getting it back. Not a problem, though... I got the best wife in the world instead.
anim_snoopy.gif

The only time I take my girl friend shooting is when I shoot a woodchuck devouring my garden off my deck at 6 in the morning. Needless to say she hates going shooting with me.

Back
Top Bottom