• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife's first time...

So I finally convinced my wife to try shooting one of my mosins. I took her down to the range, along with the 42' Izzy and set her up to shoot at a steel plate at 100 yards. I told her to make sure she pulled the rifle in tight in order to reduce the impact of the recoil and to fire when ready. She cautiously pulled the trigger and....ding! [rockon] One shot - one hit. The look of amazement on her face was priceless as she asked - "Did I hit it?!?!"
She is looking forward to the next time we take on of the mosins to the range...I wonder how long before she decides she needs one of her own! [smile]

Mistake! I had already bought my wife a Colt Mustang and she was with me when I stopped by an LGS. She asked if she could go inside with me. Not seeing any harm, I said "Sure."

Next thing I know, I hear this familiar sweet voice say, "That's cute. Can I see that?"

I rushed over but I was already too late. We left the store $800 poorer with her new Kimber Ultra Carry II and the first thing she said is, "Now I want a red dot (Crimson Trace) just like yours."

I don't even have a $1,000 pistol!

I can't complain too much - mostly because she shoots it very well.

Mistake! I had already bought my wife a Colt Mustang and she was with me when I stopped by an LGS. She asked if she could go inside with me. Not seeing any harm, I said "Sure."

Next thing I know, I hear this familiar sweet voice say, "That's cute. Can I see that?"

I rushed over but I was already too late. We left the store $800 poorer with her new Kimber Ultra Carry II and the first thing she said is, "Now I want a red dot (Crimson Trace) just like yours."

I don't even have a $1,000 pistol!

I can't complain too much - mostly because she shoots it very well.

You're a lucky man sir!

I have a video of my wife shooting the m38 carbine the first time.......the look on her face is priceless!

First time my girlfriend shot my Mosin we gave her my friend's light reloads - they feel hardly power powerful than a .22 She took one shot, turned around with a puzzled look on her face, and said "that's it? Give me one of the normal ones!" Loved the milsurp stuff and never complained about a sore shoulder.

Awesome, my girlfriend wants to shoot my mosin, and also her shotgun, 20 gauge, and also my glock 20! She's from Oklahoma so she's used to shooting with her dad and brother.

I'm been with my boss aka wife for 25 years and I ask her each year to go shooting and she say no. Some day she's going to say yes and I'm going have the biggest smile on my face.

LOL - maybe this will be the year!

Luckily my wife (been with her for 26 years) has always loved shooting, but has really only liked shooting handguns. It was great having her hit her target on the first shot with the mosin, since it will make her much more willing to shoot it again.

Back
Top Bottom