• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife's carry

I'm sure this has been covered but I did a quick search,.... Well, I was too lazy to play detective...
My wife is starting a new job in a medical facility, not a hospital. I want her to carry in her purse. Can anyone help me to stay within the law to keep a pistol in her purse while driving & then into the building.

Thanks

I've had this discussion with my wife multiple times. What's the use of the gun if it's in the purse?

You need to make sure it's always on you and accessible in an emergency situation.

I've had this discussion with my wife multiple times. What's the use of the gun if it's in the purse?

You need to make sure it's always on you and accessible in an emergency situation.

^^^^ This!

To OP: Sorry, no I can't tell you how she can stay legal that way nor how it will do any good to protect her in case she needs it! Very bad idea for many reasons.

Ankle rig? If she wears slacks, might this work. Might be able to effectively carry a S&W airweight .38

My wife has great success with a s and w 642 in a looper ava holster with work out clothing.....would think your wife might have good results this way as well. The purse carry is not the best option imo

I'm sure this has been covered but I did a quick search,.... Well, I was too lazy to play detective...
My wife is starting a new job in a medical facility, not a hospital. I want her to carry in her purse. Can anyone help me to stay within the law to keep a pistol in her purse while driving & then into the building.

Thanks

what does she want? you say you want her to carry in her purse. does she have anything she's comfortable with specifically?

i've had this discussion with lady atilla, she is worried she'd lose her purse, it would be too far from her if she needed it, or she couldn't get the gun out quick enough as it's not like she has one of the $300 holster purses.

agree with the flashbang holster if it won't look out of place (it can, but you and your wife ought to be authorities on her chest [laugh]).

ankle can be drawn from relatively quickly with practice and since scrubs are loose-fitting it will make that easier.

finally WRT "legality": would you rather be dead, or in violation of a bullshit law? i tell lady atilla that no matter what that if she has to defend herself i will happily bankrupt myself to defend her legally. we live in a ****ed up ass-backwards commie utopia where somehow a raped and murdered corpse is morally superior to a woman with a dead murder/rapist at her feet. even the guy at MGH who had a good, justified shoot--it took the state SIX MONTHS to decide NOT to charge him. if you shoot someone in this place, you're gonna ger jammed up.

Tell her to carry between her (lady purse), you know, boobs. If she does not have large enough boobs buy her some new ones that are big enough and tell her you are doing it for her own protection. Its a win - win.

She's probably not breaking any laws (there is nothing explicit in MGL that bans hospital carry) but most medical facilities are likely run by commies and she probably won't be able to carry in said facilility without posing a risk to her job.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom