Wife objects to carry in church

I went to church last night and my wife didnt even know I had my gun on me. She probable could have guessed I was carrying tho because im never without it! I say do what ever it takes to keep your self and loved ones safe...

Me too, I even carry when I don't have pant's on ( no pic's ).

I'm headed to my brother's house right now and his wife hates guns. I just put my two carry weapons in the safe and I don't like it. We're taking my wife's car, otherwise I'd leave them in the vault of my Pick Up. F*%k this, I'm going to put my ankle one back on and just hope one of their kids doesn't grab my ankle.

Oh, were meeting at their church 1st for the pagent
I'd be more concerned with wolf223s dog. Might be an AD on the leg.

I'm a female, & I carry everywhere, including at church. Remind her that you're one of the good guys (probably...I don't know you personally, but I'll assume that you are), & that you only do it to defend you, her, & your offspring from potential harm. Show her the news articles from recent church shooters, some of whom were taken down by lawfully armed citizens.

If that fails, tell her to get in the kitchen & shut up, & that you're a grown man & you'll do as you see fit. [grin] Really, I'm not kidding. You should probably do this step first, because she clearly doesn't trust you or respect your decisions.

If I wasn't already married to a wonderful woman....

A famous saying: " Pray to God but row toward shore". That pretty much says it all.

I carry 100% of the time but especially in Church. I also scout the entrances and exists and make sure I'm aware of my surroundings all of the time. We go to a large City church driving into the city from our rural home. City Churches are ripe targets, especially the very successful ones like ours is. It would not surprise me one bit if we were held up some sunday. The collection plate is always packed. With this attraction and the current state of the ecomony, it would not be a stretch for some bad guys to put 2 and 2 together.

Rome

Rome

samuelljackson.jpg

I'm pretty sure Sam L would....he seems pretty spiritual

By kids' department I'm assuming you mean Sunday school/daycare/nursery type settings. Every church I've been to has that to some degree.

Security teams are very common at the big ones aka "mega churches," for various reasons it's kept quiet at many. Jerry Falwell had an entourage of bodyguards when he was alive, Billy Graham is better protected than many politicians and judges. Some churches just coordinate their staff to secure doors, whisk away the offering, have a parking lot/childcare lookouts with radios, and similar security-type duties. Others hire police details or contract the services of armed guards throughout the week; in some states that's the only way to legally have guns in a "house of worship." It makes sense when you consider how much money moves through, and the services that some churches provide. There are fistfights in line at dinners for the homeless, homosexual PDA protests, thefts from vehicles or the offering baskets, shootings, etc. Some couples hired security when gay marriages were first being performed in Mass. to keep the cops out of their ceremonies.

What was the cite for the law before it was repealed?

Mega church? Is that the same as a "Super Wal-Mart"? Oh that's right, Wal-Mart actually has to pay their taxes.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin.

One night when your wife is sleeping,creep into the kitchen..Be careful not to disturb your sleeping wife.Judging by the premise of this thread,if you wake her you will have a hard time explaining what you are doing in the middle of the night..awake.Maybe you can say something like you didn't want to wake her up to ask permission to take a piss,use your best judgment.

Go into her purse and get the keys to the place where she keeps your balls locked up.

Carefully grab your balls out of the formaldehyde and place them in a Ziplock baggie so they don't dry out.Replace the balls you took from the jar with a couple of grapes or something,use your imagination.Now,go to the sink and wash the preserving solution off your balls,then place your balls back in the baggy and sprinkle some baby powder on them so they don't irritate you when you do the next step.

Re-attach your balls.

Now that you have your balls back you will find that you don't need to ask your wife for permission to common things like talk to your friends,watch TV,or in your case carry a gun.

Pretty simple right ?

Post of the year!

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin.

Careful where you leave the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/03/holy_hand_grena.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23664399-pub-is-closed-by-monty-python-grenade.do

Best quote from the British police spokesman:

An Islington police spokeswoman said: "There was no danger to the public. The device is believed to be an object known as a Holy Hand Grenade."

Last edited:
Picture of a church get-together in far northern Maine from a friend in work. This is an actual picture - not a set-up. Pastor is on the far right. They've never had a problem with violent visitors, for some reason...

motivator-CHURCHSOCIAL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom