• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife objects to carry in church

So the Mrs. has been particularly vocal about me not carrying when we attend church. I think she's crazy, but wanted to get some opinions from this well of unbiased opinion [smile]

You've been to nomarriage.com right? If you've a shared PC leave it on that site. Like a little curious little kitty maybe she'll look at what your looking at.[wink]

So the Mrs. has been particularly vocal about me not carrying when we attend church. I think she's crazy, but wanted to get some opinions from this well of unbiased opinion [smile]

I'm a female, & I carry everywhere, including at church. Remind her that you're one of the good guys (probably...I don't know you personally, but I'll assume that you are), & that you only do it to defend you, her, & your offspring from potential harm. Show her the news articles from recent church shooters, some of whom were taken down by lawfully armed citizens.

If that fails, tell her to get in the kitchen & shut up, & that you're a grown man & you'll do as you see fit. [grin] Really, I'm not kidding. You should probably do this step first, because she clearly doesn't trust you or respect your decisions.

If you could be assured that bad guys would respect the sanctity of the church (and while you are traveling to and from it), then I might understand her point. Unfortunately, they don't. Evil men do evil things, whenever and wherever they want. Pretending otherwise is just foolish.

Tell her you're not carrying--and carry anyhow? If she tries to pat you down to verify, take it as foreplay and skip church. ;)

I carry all the time I have a pair of pants on

I even told the pastor I carry and he thanked me...too many times you hear about a disgruntled parishioner walking in and taking out people that are there...[sad2]

I'm a female, & I carry everywhere, including at church. Remind her that you're one of the good guys (probably...I don't know you personally, but I'll assume that you are), & that you only do it to defend you, her, & your offspring from potential harm. Show her the news articles from recent church shooters, some of whom were taken down by lawfully armed citizens.

If that fails, tell her to get in the kitchen & shut up, & that you're a grown man & you'll do as you see fit. [grin] Really, I'm not kidding. You should probably do this step first, because she clearly doesn't trust you or respect your decisions.

[rofl2] Ana, I couldn't have said it better.[wink][laugh]

I carry all the time I have a pair of pants on
Me too, I even carry when I don't have pant's on ( no pic's ).

I'm headed to my brother's house right now and his wife hates guns. I just put my two carry weapons in the safe and I don't like it. We're taking my wife's car, otherwise I'd leave them in the vault of my Pick Up. F*%k this, I'm going to put my ankle one back on and just hope one of their kids doesn't grab my ankle.

Oh, were meeting at their church 1st for the pagent

Last edited:
I run the kid's dept at two churches and I carry all the time! There have been several times where gun men have stormed chruches and killed people. One church out west had a man come in on a Sunday with a rifle and killed a youth but they had armed security and they killed him before he could get anymore shots off. Another had a guy walk up to the preacher in the middle of service and shoot him with a .45, killing him. Don't ask me for links, google it!
We have security teams in our churches and most carry. We believe that God will protect us but He's also given us a brain! He wants us to do everything in our power to protect what He's blessed us with to take care of. (my opinion).

Pilgrims Going To Church. By George Henry Boughton.

pilgrm.jpg

Tell her it's a qusestion of mind over matter. You don't mind and her opinion doesn't matter.

There does seem to be a trend of craziness at churches of late, so I don't think it's unreasonable.

Well said.. He needs to grow a set [slap]

</thread>

Defending yourself and your family doesn't leave room for "compromise" - you're adults, not teenagers deciding whether to eat at Applebee's or Friendly's. Don't take it the wrong way, but sack up and do what you have to do to protect your family. Someday, God forbid, if you ever need to use that weapon, do you think she's going to get pissed and send you to the couch for the night? No - she'll live, instead of dying.

-edit- Nice sig, K-DUB. =)

I didn't say I don't carry to church, I said that my wife doesn't approve of it. My "set" works quite well, thank you very much, but I guess I'll have to take a look at a wife swap site [smile]

Merry Christmas Eve to all.

And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck. -Genesis 27:40

He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints. -Revelation 13:10

Carry all the time. My nephew and his friend got jumped last night by 4 thugs. Nephew turned around to see what was behind him, to his surprise he gets hit with at bat or a club. The four thugs got away with his friends leather jacket.

I just have to wonder why so many women are so irrational and illogical.

It is the height of stupidity to think that church is some sort of sanctuary from evil.

There is only one sanctuary from evil and it is not in this world.

Back
Top Bottom